2015 2nd round (or later) QB prospects

BuffaloBaumer

The more I watch Everett Golson from ND, the more I like him. He's mobile, has a strong arm, has great instincts and plays his best football with the game on the line. He's lost 1 game as a starter in his career so far. The knock is his size.....sounds like Russell Wilson anyway.

Really still hoping EJ can put it together though...

Go Bills!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MSU fan here. i have thought that Connor Cook would be a good pro player, great arm, heady, not afraid to throw into tight spots, able to throw into tight spots.....

Edited by baskin

MSU fan here. i have thought that Connor Cook would be a good pro player, great arm, heady, not afraid to throw into tight spots, able to throw into tight spots.....

Agree, he made a couple of throws last night that just made you say "wow." He will be a good pro.

With that being said my guess on the future Bills QB situation is Sam Bradford as a FA, Orton as the backup and a mid round rookie with LOTS of natural talent but some question marks. I think that they will look more for the Logan Thomas type than the Aaron Murray type if that makes sense. They will try to hit a home run but won't mind striking out because of Bradford. Just my 2 cents....

Any thoughts on Bo Wallace from Ole Miss?

Bo seems a bit like a Tebow type with obviously better arm... His running is a bit overrated cuz it wont transpire to the NFL, (running mostly up the gut like tebow did). He's a big boy, tough as nails and has more "it" factor than guys like EJ who was drafted on talent, not intangibles.

I think by us having to use a 2nd or 3rd on a QB we will REALLY have to do our homework on guys, that a bit under the radar cuz they have a defiency. Like Kevin Costner said in draft day. EVERY kid has SOMETHING... find out what it is, so he know if its fixable or not. Accuracy is NOT fixable. Bad decision making MIGHT be fixable if kid can take heavy critism, and LEARN from it. EJ needed a damn mental coach! He's Soft...

We need a gritty QB, that might be a touch too small, or ppl think his hands are a big too small like when Drew Brees slipped to 2nd cuz he was too small. Wilson in the 3rd... I'm actually friendly with Vinny Sutherland who for those who dont recognize name, was Drew's main target in final college yr. Drew had all the leadership, and intagibles while at Purdue. This is the type of find we MUST get in draft.

I;ve been watching Wallace alot over past 2 yrs, he does tend to make some head scratching throws and not sure he would be a great fit as an NFL QB.

1 kid to REALLY watch considering his numbers arent what ppl expected this yr and hopefully can lead to him slipping in draft is Bryce Petty... that kid can just flat out play...

I agree, but since u are MSU fan and i'm just a huge college football fan (no specific team), dont u get the feel he would be the type of kid that sticks around for senior year? MSU will be in national championship picture (might even be THIS yr after yesterdays madness!)

So whats the deal with Hackenberg? K see a lot of fans thinking he's got a big NFL future but, from what I've seen, the Penn State offense is terrible.

yes, it is …. that's what losing scholarships will do to you …. but Hackenberg, he can throw it

EJ Manuel

alex smith looked horrible rookie year and I thought he would never make it on nfl. Well he is pretty decent now, so qbs can do a 180. So there is some hope for EJ, although it doesn't look good. At any rate, we need to start grooming a backup.

Oh, I dont know. Colin Kapernick, Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton and Geno Smith?

ALOT of starting QB's are not 1st rounders.

AFC east, Orton, Geno, Brady. 3/4

AFC south: Fitz, 1/4

AFC North: Hoyer, Dalton 2/4

AFC west: Carr 1/4

NFC east: Romo, Foles, Cousins 3/4

NFC south:Glennon, Brees 2/4

NFC North: 0-4

NFC West, Kap, Wilson, Stanton, Davis 4/4

That's exactly 50% of the 32 QB;s that are NOT 1st rounders.

Sometimes its easier to develop an early/ mid 2nd round QB cuz they can bring them along the right way instead of doing what front office wants and throw them out there to sell tickets. U keep a vet QB that can stay upright, (not a Kolb type). Orton would be fine if he does well in his showcase starting today. If he's not good enough to cut it, bring in a VET that will WIN the job and allow the 2nd rounder learn from sidelines from day 1 so when he is inserted into the lineup, he has more time learning system and seeing live game action while dealing with NFL coaches, practices, meetings compared to college. Its WHOLE other level in pro's and that another reason alot of these QB fail.

alex smith looked horrible rookie year and I thought he would never make it on nfl. Well he is pretty decent now, so qbs can do a 180. So there is some hope for EJ, although it doesn't look good. At any rate, we need to start grooming a backup.

Alex Smith actually looked bad for several years. He really didn't show much until Harbaugh showed up in SF.

Barkley was the top rated QB going in two seasons ago. Bridgewater was the top QB going into last season. I think Mariota will be the top QB taken if not the top player.

A lot will depend on who the coach is. Brett Hundley could fall to the top of the 2nd.

Hundley is gonna be an EJ clone