Official Bills v. Lions second half game thread

Beerball

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

Orton his Goodwin in perfect stride with a perfectly thrown ball. Did you even watch or were you too busy preparing this post to rag on Hackett

We were down 14-3 on the road to the top rated defense in the league. Offense did well enough to come back and win. It's one thing to criticize after a loss, but after a win can be a bit of a stretch. You seem to ignore that our offensive line is crap. But you are smart enough to make plays that don't need a quality line. Why aren't you coaching?

Is that you Hackett?..... I ignored the fact that "our offensive line is crap"? If you actually read and comprehended my post I even said our O Line situation was so bad I would even be desperate enough to consider Incognito as an option. I praised the D line, D line coaching. I praised our receivers. I was positive about Orton, he was effective and smart, he was accurate in general, not at the highest level, but enough for our receivers to make the plays. Let us not get carried away on his overall level of ACCURACY. One accurate throw per game does not make a QB accurate. Many on this board are slamming Spiller, I don't believe it is Spiller, it is how Hackett uses Spiller incorrectly. He is not the perfect back, but it is the OC's job to use the skills of the players they have in a manner that maximizes their positives, while minimizing their weaknesses. Hackett is an epic fail at that in the design of the ground game. His seeming inability to adapt his game plan quickly enough to what is actually happening in real time on the field is maddening. At this point Hackett is the weakest and most easily corrected link holding this team back. I don't know how the Guard situation can easily be corrected at this point in the season, with the talent available mid season. Not sure where you could find it. As far as being an NFL coach, it does not take a pro to see the problems with Hackett. You would have to be blind to not see it; or playing see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil with your hands.

Edited by simpleman

<p>

Is that you Hackett?..... I ignored the fact that "our offensive line is crap"? If you actually read and comprehended my post I even said our O Line situation was so bad I would even be desperate enough to consider Incognito as an option. I praised the D line, D line coaching. I praised our receivers. I was positive about Orton, he was effective and smart, he was accurate in general, not at the highest level, but enough for our receivers to make the plays. Let us not get carried away on his overall level of ACCURACY. One accurate throw per game does not make a QB accurate. Many on this board are slamming Spiller, I don't believe it is Spiller, it is how Hackett uses Spiller incorrectly. He is not the perfect back, but it is the OC's job to use the skills of the players they have in a manner that maximizes their positives, while minimizing their weaknesses. Hackett is an epic fail at that in the design of the ground game. His seeming inability to adapt his game plan quickly enough to what is actually happening in real time on the field is maddening. At this point Hackett is the weakest and most easily corrected link holding this team back. I don't know how the Guard situation can easily be corrected at this point in the season, with the talent available mid season. Not sure where you could find it. As far as being an NFL coach, it does not take a pro to see the problems with Hackett. You would have to be blind to not see it; or playing see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil with your hands.

I'm not carried away with his accuracy, I was referring to your comment specifically about the throw to Goodwin, where you stated in was 'in the area' and Goodwin had to make a great catch. It was a perfectly thrown pass that Goodwin caught in perfect stride as it landed in his hands. Orton's accuracy was mixed throughout the game, but if you think that pass wasn't great, you are very confused... and blind.

I can't even believe how fired up I am today. What a freakin' win! It is almost surreal to think that the fans actually have a meaningful season to look forward to this year. Fred Jackson is hands down my favorite player in Bills history.

I feel the same. Even the wet blanket posters who say the Bills only won because Detroit has a bad FG kicker are not going to get me down.