Sabres / First Niagara Center

707BillsFan

Planning on visiting my daughter, who is in college, for her Thanksgiving break. We've got a free night, so planning on catching a Sabres game. First time seeing the Sabres, so not sure about First Niagara. Are there any bad seats in the house? Also planning on catching the Bills / Browns game...so don't want to break the bank to see the Sabres. How high up are the 300's? Don't want to see ants, but I don't believe that'll be the case. Just curious though. Any help? Thanks!

Planning on visiting my daughter, who is in college, for her Thanksgiving break. We've got a free night, so planning on catching a Sabres game. First time seeing the Sabres, so not sure about First Niagara. Are there any bad seats in the house? Also planning on catching the Bills / Browns game...so don't want to break the bank to see the Sabres. How high up are the 300's? Don't want to see ants, but I don't believe that'll be the case. Just curious though. Any help? Thanks!

Thanksgiving weekend is always a little tougher to get tickets. I would scalp outside , but that just me.

And yes, the 300s are pretty frighten high. This coming from a guy who thinks the best seat at the Ralph is first row upper deck.

First couple rows okay, after that it is getting up there.

Home opener is this thursday against colombus, then they go to Chicago saturday

There really isn't a bad seat, the higher ups aren't as bad as some are saying and in some spots the view can even be better cause you can see the whole rink instead of just close ups of the area in front of you. There is nothing really obstructing your views in the seating area in the arena

As for that weekend, If you can't buy the tickets now (if they aren't available on their site), go to stub hub closer to the date (week or 2 before start looking). If they start out bad, tickets might be cheaper. Theres always tickets available on stub hub

Thanks everyone. There are a 2k+ seats on Stubhub and a couple other sites. I did see some seats close up in the corners, but I don't think I want the limited view. So I'm debating my options. Bonus for sitting up, get the see the entire ice. Negative, you're away from the action. I think we've nixed the Bills game ( :censored: ), so I may be able to get better seats for the Sabres. Also wavering on buying now vs later...as it was mentioned, depending on they start the season prices could go down. But it is Nov 26, the eve before Thanksgiving. People may be back in town, wanting to catch a game (like me).

no bad seats at all, ive sat in the very last row of the 300s, and I usually sit in section 107, both are equally great experiences.....buy em cheap and you will have a great time none the less...sounds like a damn fun weekend ya got going for ya...

Definitely wait a bit into the season to see how the Sabres are playing first as someone mentioned above.

I went to the game on Thanksgiving eve last season and ended up getting two 75$ tickets for only 50$ total on stubhub a couple of weeks before.

The 300's are nowhere near as scary as the escalator ride up to that level. Just don't look down. If you are going to get tickets buy them now because if the Sabres are at all entertaining prices are going to skyrocket.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The 300's are nowhere near as scary as the escalator ride up to that level. Just don't look down. If you are going to get tickets buy them now because if the Sabres are at all entertaining prices are going to skyrocket.

jesus, great point....I am terrified of heights (like, my balls hurt when I look UP at tall buildings from the street) and that escalator does things to me man, baaaddd things

Thanksgiving currently the toughest tickets. Any left at the box office?

Anyways, there really arent too many bad seats there. 300s are definitely not too far away. Bad seats are 100 level where giant chunks of the ice are obstructed, and you need to watch 1/2 the game on the scoreboard. Usually in the rows 6-14 range on the sides toward the corners. Anywhere in the 100s though buyer beware. You also tend to possibly be near people who you can just tell are there for the 'thing to do' ala Bisons games of '89-'92

I have also noticed front row of the 300 level in the corners are very cramped seats. I had STs there one year and changed seats after 1 season. They said they have 3 or 4 builds of seats used and they are lettered A-D or something like that (the seats are labelled somewhere) and those seats are the most narrow. Even the skinniest of people using my seats (im not big either) would come away with that dominating their experience. Pretty uncomfortable.

Like anything, Aisle seats are the way to go. You can also check the map on Sabres.com to see where the restrooms are in relation to your seat.

Thanksgiving currently the toughest tickets. Any left at the box office?

Anyways, there really arent too many bad seats there. 300s are definitely not too far away. Bad seats are 100 level where giant chunks of the ice are obstructed, and you need to watch 1/2 the game on the scoreboard. Usually in the rows 6-14 range on the sides toward the corners. Anywhere in the 100s though buyer beware. You also tend to possibly be near people who you can just tell are there for the 'thing to do' ala Bisons games of '89-'92

I have also noticed front row of the 300 level in the corners are very cramped seats. I had STs there one year and changed seats after 1 season. They said they have 3 or 4 builds of seats used and they are lettered A-D or something like that (the seats are labelled somewhere) and those seats are the most narrow. Even the skinniest of people using my seats (im not big either) would come away with that dominating their experience. Pretty uncomfortable.

Like anything, Aisle seats are the way to go. You can also check the map on Sabres.com to see where the restrooms are in relation to your seat.

Thanks for the great info