Jackson stands behind EJ... and the team

RuntheDamnBall

let's just appreciate Fred Jackson http://www.gfycat.co...Coyote …

http://twitpic.com/ec8270

Illustrates what I like about Jackson, vs. Spiller. Jackson knows when to put his head down and run through a tackler. Spiller would have tried to juke that last guy.

Terminally putrid attempt at a block by Watkins, though. If he gets a body on the free safety, that run was a touchdown.

Was Sammy really dropping passes in the game? I just read Sully's article and missed the game, so I'm curious.

He dropped three passes hit him in the hands.

Admittedly, they were not well-thrown balls. But I'm of the opinion that, if the ball hits the receiver in the hands and he doesn't catch it, it's on the receiver.

Im with Fred

Just because I think the bills were right to bench EJ and go with the veteran QB does not mean that I have GIVEN UP on EJ.

EJ was a PROJECT......he came into the NFL really needing to be holding a clipboard for at least that 1st year......and it didnt happen. This might actually help EJ Manuel in the end.

- Continue to work on your accuracy while not being under the microscope

- Watch how a long time veteran QB handles things

The thing that EJ must learn from watching Orton is making quick, decisive, authoritative throws.

People say EJ lacks arm strength. That's not true. What he lacks is the confidence to rock and fire. That's what he has to learn, and I'm confident that with it will come better accuracy too.

It's a think-less-throw-more mentality he's got to slip into, and I believe that overthinking throws is causing him to lose some accuracy.

Orton is the perfect kind of quarterback for this team. A veteran with 4+ years worth of starts who knows how to find the open guy and hit him.

That's really all we need the QB to do.

It's not the scheme.

Receivers are open all over the field. They just need someone with enough guts to him them. Exactly. It's not a tall order.

Orton will be just fine.

He dropped three passes hit him in the hands.

Admittedly, they were not well-thrown balls. But I'm of the opinion that, if the ball hits the receiver in the hands and he doesn't catch it, it's on the receiver.

The first one on the second play of the game hit him right in the freakin' hands and bounced off. Would have set up 3 and 2 and maybe we can extend that drive. Instead it was 3rd and 7 which we didn't convert.

They were ALL catchable.

Was Sammy really dropping passes in the game? I just read Sully's article and missed the game, so I'm curious.

Three drops by him, two were perfectly tossed, one a hair off but I'd have expected tj Graham to catch it....

Williams had a drop in a nice deep sideline ball. There might have been one or two other drops on catchable balls then the rest of incompletions I recall were not near a wr for whatever reason.

Im with Fred

Just because I think the bills were right to bench EJ and go with the veteran QB does not mean that I have GIVEN UP on EJ.

EJ was a PROJECT......he came into the NFL really needing to be holding a clipboard for at least that 1st year......and it didnt happen. This might actually help EJ Manuel in the end.

- Continue to work on your accuracy while not being under the microscope

- Watch how a long time veteran QB handles things

The thing that EJ must learn from watching Orton is making quick, decisive, authoritative throws.

People say EJ lacks arm strength. That's not true. What he lacks is the confidence to rock and fire. That's what he has to learn, and I'm confident that with it will come better accuracy too.

It's a think-less-throw-more mentality he's got to slip into, and I believe that overthinking throws is causing him to lose some accuracy.

Orton is the perfect kind of quarterback for this team. A veteran with 4+ years worth of starts who knows how to find the open guy and hit him.

That's really all we need the QB to do.

It's not the scheme.

Receivers are open all over the field. They just need someone with enough guts to him them. Exactly. It's not a tall order.

Orton will be just fine.

Agree with both of you.

If Orton gives us the best chance to win right now, fine.

That doesn't mean that the Bills have given up on E.J. Manuel.

He isn't the guy. EJ is severely limited and no time on the bench is gonna fix that. When this season is over cut EJ and draft a guy to sit a year behind Orton. Hopefully this time we can find a guy who can get it done

Now that they have benched him yeah. He's over in b-lo. I do not think this staff has the ability to develop a prospect, so they are better going after a Schaub or something.

And make bad decisions. You could see that on the interception by Watt, where Manuel seemed to think "pass...no, run!...no, wait, I'm supposed to pass...****, I don't know what to do, better dump it off." He committed to indecision. Had he committed to ANY decision, it probably wouldn't have been an INT (and probably would have gained yards if he'd run).

It's not the scheme.

Oh, it's the scheme, too. One doesn't preclude the other. Doesn't matter if the receivers are open...have you seen the pass blocking? You've got to be a congenital idiot to ask your QB to pass 44 times in a game behind this line.

That doesn't mean that the Bills have given up on E.J. Manuel.

No...but has EJ Manuel given up on EJ Manuel now?

Now that they have benched him yeah. He's over in b-lo. I do not think this staff has the ability to develop a prospect, so they are better going after a Schaub or something.

I actually think that Marrone DOES have the abiltity to develop a prospect and he did it with Nassib at Syracuse.....maybe now that EJ is out of the crosshairs he can do that.

Im not ready to give up on EJ......hold the clipboard for a while young man.