Bottom Line... Get a Veteran QB and this team is Super Bowl Material.

mellaman101

This is still Ralph Wilson mentality football guys. The same leadership is in place and it’s the same management that has plagued the Bills since the Marv/Bill era. We have been cursed with poor coaching, QB situations, and a string of HORRIBLE first round picks over the years. It’s like the Bills are a training ground for 2nd and 3rd string QB’s.

The only solution is to clean house, it took almost 3 years for Mr. Pegula to do it for the Sabres and he is going to like what we have in office and coaching have a chance before sweeping changes hit the Bills. We are all looking at another 3 years of week to week headaches…

E. J. - Makes VERY poor decisions, has no vision, puts receivers in very bad and dangerous situations to catch passes where injury can occur. THIS GUY WOULD START FOR NO NFL TEAM! Has the trade value of an open can of warm soda in a trash bag full of used tampex.

D. Marrone - Just add this poor guy to the list of others who have failed here…

Defense is good but makes mistakes and still gives up big plays

Running game can wear down any D in the league but the coaching staff are idiots and can’t figure that out

Receivers drop passes when E J does throw it too them. We gave up a first round pick for a great receiver but don’t help when the QB sucks….

Bottom line, this team can be like Denver…. All is needed is a proven QB…

The Steelers broke off redoing Big Bens contract extention and the Rooney's dont like to pay. Id say go for it....

Imagine our receivers with a good QB folks… this team would be playoff, if not Super Bowl material

That’s my lunch time rant guys. Hope everyone has a good day!

Edited by mellaman101

This is still Ralph Wilson mentality football guys. The same leadership is in place and it’s the same management that has plagued the Bills since the Marv/Bill era. We have been cursed with poor coaching, QB situations, and a string of HORRIBLE first round picks over the years. It’s like the Bills are a training ground for 2nd and 3rd string QB’s.

The only solution is to clean house, it took almost 3 years for Mr. Pegula to do it for the Sabres and he is going to like what we have in office and coaching have a chance before sweeping changes hit the Bills. We are all looking at another 3 years of week to week headaches…

E. J. - Makes VERY poor decisions, has no vision, puts receivers in very bad and dangerous situations to catch passes where injury can occur. THIS GUY WOULD START FOR NO NFL TEAM! Has the trade value of an open can of warm soda in a trash bag full of used tampex.

D. Marrone - Just add this poor guy to the list of others who have failed here…

Defense is good but makes mistakes and still gives up big plays

Running game can wear down any D in the league but the coaching staff are idiots and can’t figure that out

Receivers drop passes when E J does throw it too them. We gave up a first round pick for a great receiver but don’t help when the QB sucks….

Bottom line, this team can be like Denver…. All is needed is a proven QB…

Imagine our receivers with a good QB folks… this team would be playoff, if not Super Bowl material

That’s my lunch time rant guys. Hope everyone has a good day!

With the putrid play from the OL we have seen, this team is nowhere close to being a SB contender.

NOT EVEN CLOSE. Our DBs cannot cover. Our D in general is good against the run, putrid against pass. a good Offense will destroy them. Ball OL, terrible coaching, game planning and play calling. And why does our punter boom it through the end zone instead of trying to pin teams deep in their own end?

This is not a playoff quality team regardless of who the QB is.

Hell, we couldn't even stop Foster from rolling for a first down.

They aren't getting enough push in the run game either. Pears is terrible!

OL struggles are a product of poor passing game. There is no fear. Loading up the box, sending 5 or more. EJ has to beat it at some point. He is showing every D he cant handle it, so they keep coming.

No they are attacking our QB because that is what defenses do...real football, not Madden.

What are you talking about?

NOT EVEN CLOSE. Our DBs cannot cover. Our D in general is good against the run, putrid against pass. a good Offense will destroy them. Ball OL, terrible coaching, game planning and play calling. And why does our punter boom it through the end zone instead of trying to pin teams deep in their own end?

Our D has been great. Anyone complaining about D is wasting their time. I wasted mine just replying..

We are a good team but I don't think Super Bowl material:

Defense - If we still had Byrd and then added a top tier CB and Kiko was healthy, I'd say we had one of the best if not the best defense in the league. "We coulda been a contender!"

Offense is miserable and it's not just EJ. We have a 2nd year OC that is still learning how to call plays and we have an O-Line that is starting a 7th round pick and we spent a ton of money on a G that nobody else wanted. To rectify this we are going to need a new coordinator, new veteran QB, and get a G that can actually block somebody.

Special teams is much improved but that's because we are using a lot of our starters out there. Just wait until CJ or Woods gets hurt and then we will be wondering why they would risk them out there.

But overall, yes we are a really good team. If we don't make the playoffs it's going to be a shame. We have the most talented team in the AFC East and I'm trying to think of a team in the AFC that has more talent besides 1 or 2 key players like what Denver and NE have. We are 1 really good offseason away from where we need to be and if we actually had a Super Bowl quality QB (Carson Palmer is the only guy that might be available that could get us there) I think the sky is the limit

Disagree that this is not a playoff team with a decent QB. The Defense gave up sixteen points yesterday and 20 the week before. Both were winnable games. Plug in a decent QB and this team is 4-0 heading to Detroit.

they've had veteran QB's for the last 6 + seasons have they not?

file this under ....... the OP didn't think hard enough.

sorry the endless threads about replacing EJ are getting annoying!!!

exactly, We had Fitz and didn't win squat. EJ has a chance to become a good quality NFL starter with good coaching and a supporting cast. Orton has had chance after chance and proved beyond a shadow of doubt that he is mediocre at best. If we are moving on from EJ, I would hope he is replaced with someone better than Kyle Orton (aka Fitz Jr)

Depends on what type of vet you mean.

With Peyton, and by adding him he's fixing the offense too by running that, dam straight!!!

With fitz, we end up seeing a few more exciting plays and a bunch more turnovers

With cutler they lead the NFL in sacks allowed

With eli I'm not sure what you have because there is no big inside target like he thrives with

With Schaub you might see even more conservative play than you do.

Alex smith and you're looking at a version of KC last year with a worse d.

Let's stop pretending an upgrade to average at the qb spot makes this team a Lombardi contender. I see a lot more wrong than just under center