He may not be great, but he's a leader and I miss him

The_Dude

http://deadspin.com/ryan-fitzpatrick-went-a-little-nuts-during-his-pregame-1640255991?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

He wasn't going to lose. Not this game. Not to this coach or his inferior replacement. He has more than his share of bad moments but the mans as tough as they come and lays it all out on the field. He doesn't play gutless and he's accountable. He's probably not in the 20 best QBs but he's better than our current starter and he flat out brings it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is a smarter, more experienced QB than EJ. I wouldn't go as far as to say that EJ is inferior...just that he was inferior yesterday. Fits was not great...EJ was horrible. I don't understand what you are whining about. Remember when just about everyone around here wanted Fitz gone because he was horribly inaccurate, had a noodle for an arm, and could not throw the deep ball. Well, he is still the same guy but older.

Not an EJ apologist, but I think the reactionary Fitz love fest is dull and stupid.

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

He wasn't going to lose. Not this game. Not to this coach or his inferior replacement. He has more than his share of bad moments but the mans as tough as they come and lays it all out on the field. He doesn't play gutless and he's accountable. He's probably not in the 20 best QBs but he's better than our current starter and he flat out brings it.

F' him, the guy was signed for millions of dollars and then he crapped the bed for the Bills and their fans. That pre game speech angers me because I seriously don't know why this failure, who was given so much money for so little in return, is the one who's pissed at the team that gave him all that money and set him and his family up for the rest of his life. His anger apparently comes from a misguided fairy tale of epic proportions inside his head.

F' him, the guy was signed for millions of dollars and then he crapped the bed for the Bills and their fans. That pre game speech angers me because I seriously don't know why this failure, who was given so much money for so little in return, is the one who's pissed at the team that gave him all that money and set him and his family up for the rest of his life. His anger apparently comes from a misguided fairy tale of epic proportions inside his head.

All that money? They cut him less 1.5 seasons into a 6 year deal. In fact, when they cut him in MArch 2013, they saved 10.5 million he was due in that year alone.

Anyway...IN.

I'd try to reason with you but I'm not sure I can...

I'll say this though, OBD should have waited till seasons end to resign Fitz. And with that said, NEVER did I think we lost a game because Fitz wasn't giving it his all. NEVER.

Fitz taking huge hits running for first downs and throwing up blocks on end arounds was vintage Fitz. Just incredible stuff.

Fitz might occasionally throw to wide open defenders but he's not gutless, he's not a check down artist, and the mans got balls... And he has better accuracy than EJ. Think about that! We got rid of Fitz because he didn't have the arm talent and used a first round pick on a guy with less arm talent. EJ has a stronger arm but less arm talent.

I'd try to reason with you but I'm not sure I can...

I'll say this though, OBD should have waited till seasons end to resign Fitz. And with that said, NEVER did I think we lost a game because Fitz wasn't giving it his all. NEVER.

That's fine, but it's annoying as heck watching him go all "Braveheart" in a pregame speech pretending as if he was done wrong by the Bills and pleading the Texan players to fight in his honor, because he wasn't done wrong.

Fitz sucked as a starter, but was a very smart, capable backup who didn't cost us any picks and played his heart out. EJ is a tentative, sensitive 1st round prima-donna afraid to make a mistake and unwilling to fight for wins with his arm or legs. While Fitz has enjoyed a long career by getting the most out of what tools he's got, EJ will have a short, undistinguished career as a 1st round bust.

That's fine, but it's annoying as heck watching him go all "Braveheart" in a pregame speech pretending as if he was done wrong by the Bills and pleading the Texan players to fight in his honor, because he wasn't done wrong.

In his mind he was. You don't get a 10 year career in the NFL by not thinking you're great.

Look....I love Fitz....would take him as a backup QB in a heartbeat.....

but they did NOT win the game because of him....christ he was actually giving us a chance at the end of the game and our own not ready QB couldnt make him pay for it.

Right...but I respected him. I have zero respect for EJ. He's as gutless as Trent.

Right...but I respected him. I have zero respect for EJ. He's as gutless as Trent.

The fact is Ryan Fitz is tougher then EJ Manuel......

- Ryan Fitz took some vicious hits in this game running with the ball

- EJ Manuel would not have gotten up from those hits

BUT

That doesnt mean Fitz would be a better QB for this team......he melts with the game on the line

I would love to know how he's gutless when he takes a beating all game long from knockdowns and still keeps playing. Easy to talk this nonsense on an internet discussion forum. Would like to know how many here could withstand constant poundings from NFL defensive linemen. Most likely zero.

i love fitz. i am thankful that he was our qb for a time, i am thankful he was a member of the community. i appreciated the way that he played the position and the passion he has for the game. in a way, he was publicly humiliated and there was no way he was going to stay here, take a pay cut, and be a backup. he moved on and i wish him well. ej is a young qb that seems like he has everything you could want in a qb. almost everything, i wish that he would play with the passion that fitz seems to play with. it seems reckless at times but i doubt that anyone questions whether or not he is giving everything he has for his team.

Fitz sucked as a starter, but was a very smart, capable backup who didn't cost us any picks and played his heart out. EJ is a tentative, sensitive 1st round prima-donna afraid to make a mistake and unwilling to fight for wins with his arm or legs. While Fitz has enjoyed a long career by getting the most out of what tools he's got, EJ will have a short, undistinguished career as a 1st round bust.

Extremely negativo of you! :rolleyes:

Fitz is a smarter, more experienced QB than EJ. I wouldn't go as far as to say that EJ is inferior...just that he was inferior yesterday. Fits was not great...EJ was horrible. I don't understand what you are whining about. Remember when just about everyone around here wanted Fitz gone because he was horribly inaccurate, had a noodle for an arm, and could not throw the deep ball. Well, he is still the same guy but older.

Not an EJ apologist, but I think the reactionary Fitz love fest is dull and stupid.

No, he doesn't remeber that because he didn't post here then. He was off getting himself banned from a different fan forum, likely for the same sort of over the top crusading he's done since bringing his act here.

I would love to know how he's gutless when he takes a beating all game long from knockdowns and still keeps playing. Easy to talk this nonsense on an internet discussion forum. Would like to know how many here could withstand constant poundings from NFL defensive linemen. Most likely zero.

He's gutless because on a play action bootleg he'll always go to the flat even if there's a guy further open downfield. The dude sucks. He doesn't play inspiring football and I question his toughness.