2nd half thread Bills vs. Texans

BuffaloBill

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That last play looked an awful lot like something Fitz would do. I have lost all faith in EJ. The last two weeks did it for me. Before that I was defending him and saying give him time. Now I don't believe any amount of time will ever make him a good QB. Why the hell can't we draft a decent QB? It's been years since Kelly retired and we haven't had a decent one since, with the possible exception of Flutie.

How the hell is that last play not Pass Interference???

This is mind-numbing to me...Ever since pre-season game #1 we have been hearing about this illegal contact...We've seen it called every game and the Bills have been called for it constantly...The DB is re-routing Woods the whole play...the only time the DB did not have his hands on Woods was the first freaking 5 yards where he's allowed to...This is what it's like to be a Bills fan...I swear I'm in shock right now...I'm not saying they would have punched it in and won the game or anything like that...I am seriously sitting here in shock that a flag was not thrown on that play...I just can't believe it...

This is mind-numbing to me...Ever since pre-season game #1 we have been hearing about this illegal contact...We've seen it called every game and the Bills have been called for it constantly...The DB is re-routing Woods the whole play...the only time the DB did not have his hands on Woods was the first freaking 5 yards where he's allowed to...This is what it's like to be a Bills fan...I swear I'm in shock right now...I'm not saying they would have punched it in and won the game or anything like that...I am seriously sitting here in shock that a flag was not thrown on that play...I just can't believe it...

Point of Emphasis my ass! Call the game tight against DBs all game except at the end when the game is on the line. Total BS!

Believe it. This is the kind of **** that the NFL pulls.

EJ & Hackett lost us this game. EJ, I've had it with you. Hackett, go back to college.

I didn't have a problem with the play calling overall. The plays were there to be made, but 1) EJ's not seeing the field well or throwing an inaccurate pass, 2) the WRs are dropping the ball, and 3) the O-line is failing to protect.

I guess, if I'm gonna criticize Hackett, maybe he's not preparing them well, but I have little insight on that.

That pass route with 2 WRs on the same side going deep. Scrap it. It did not work. EJ is not improving and Hackett is in the same boat. Houston got gouged for almost 200 yards rushing last week. How do you start the game? Passing. Classic coaching over think. It should have been run the ball and grind down the small Texan line. It was a game they could have won. Orton might win but he is a statue and this line will get him killed.

EJ & Hackett lost us this game. EJ, I've had it with you. Hackett, go back to college.

I didn't have a problem with the play calling overall. The plays were there to be made, but 1) EJ's not seeing the field well or throwing an inaccurate pass, 2) the WRs are dropping the ball, and 3) the O-line is failing to protect.

I guess, if I'm gonna criticize Hackett, maybe he's not preparing them well, but I have little insight on that.

Point of Emphasis my ass! Call the game tight against DBs all game except at the end when the game is on the line. Total BS!

Believe it. This is the kind of **** that the NFL pulls.

I guess this was totally thrown out the window on that last play...http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/19/5116515/nfl-going-to-extremes-to-enforce.html#.VChzavldV8E

Edited by KOKBILLS

That pass route with 2 WRs on the same side going deep. Scrap it. It did not work. EJ is not improving and Hackett is in the same boat. Houston got gouged for almost 200 yards rushing last week. How do you start the game? Passing. Classic coaching over think. It should have been run the ball and grind down the small Texan line. It was a game they could have won. Orton might win but he is a statue and this line will get him killed.

You are right on about that play. Keep in mind it wasn't the guy covering Woods that intercepted. Even if Woods hadn't been interfered with (and it was a clear penalty), the guy who intercepted would have been right there since the guy he was covering was in the same area. Most likely result would have been an incomplete pass. Hackett is inept, EJ is a scared puppy playing in a sport that destroys timidity, and I think Marrone is simply not HC material. Add in a series of questionable 1st round picks and you have what you have, a mediocre at best Bills team.

This really is just what he looked like in college. It's not like he deceived us or anything. It kills me to watch this guy underperform on two of my teams (FSU fan). If he starts for us next season, it will make 6 years of watching the same thing and hearing the same conversations about his potential, etc. blech.

Good post. I hope for your sake and the Bills' sake that the Manuel experiment doesn't get extended into year three.