Bills called out on All In w/ Chris Hayes

cage

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I copied and pasted the link to make it work.

IMHO, this just adds to the body of evidence that the Bills are a second rate team.

It begs the question, if they cut corners with the cheerleaders, what other corners are they cutting?

I know cheerleaders have nothing to do with the game itself, but the group that is supposed to make people think happy thoughts is instead making people think angry thoughts.

Meh.

Volunteer position with some perks and occasional pay that the team outsourced. But hey, let's pile on the NFL with more faux outrage. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

You forgot the winky emoticon indicating that your response was "joking".... otherwise WOW!

You forgot the winky emoticon indicating that your response was "joking".... otherwise WOW!

Domestic violence, child abuse, violent behavior in general; all legitimate things to call the NFL to task on.

Jiggle tests and tampon advice? Not so much. And to my knowledge, the Jill's have been more or less run by a woman for years, so this isn't some "poor treatment of women" by the league. They are just using this as an opportunity to leverage the current climate in their favor.

Domestic violence, child abuse, violent behavior in general; all legitimate things to call the NFL to task on.

Jiggle tests and tampon advice? Not so much. And to my knowledge, the Jill's have been more or less run by a woman for years, so this isn't some "poor treatment of women" by the league. They are just using this as an opportunity to leverage the current climate in their favor.

She has control over setting their pay? They should get paid for whatever they're asked to do, especially as its nearly a year-round job. There's a big difference between asking a player (with the option to say no) making millions to be an ambassador to the community and requiring cheerleader that you're paying nothing to.

Its also been out there that they had to sell calendars regularly by paying for them up front and then losing out if they couldn't sell them. That's how strippers are treated when they're required to get patrons to "buy them" x number of drinks per hour

I was at last week's game and there's more than enough money flowing to pay cheerleaders some reasonable money when they make the squad

Edited by cage

Is there anything new in this story or is it the same stuff from the old lawsuit?

Same stuff,... the point was just that this was the first call-out in a national press piece and given that its on the topic of the "treatment of women" by the league/teams, I was suggesting it will likely get settled quickly... that's all

I copied and pasted the link to make it work.

IMHO, this just adds to the body of evidence that the Bills are a second rate team.

It begs the question, if they cut corners with the cheerleaders, what other corners are they cutting?

I know cheerleaders have nothing to do with the game itself, but the group that is supposed to make people think happy thoughts is instead making people think angry thoughts.

Totally disagree with the "2nd rate" part. The Bills have invested heavily in recent years in facilities, scouting, players and technology. You know the things that actually translate to wins and losses. The Jills were contract employees (as many cheerleading teams are). They really don't provide much. Should they have been paid at least minimum wage? Yes. Does their absence make one bit of difference? No. Settle with them and move on.

Same stuff,... the point was just that this was the first call-out in a national press piece and given that its on the topic of the "treatment of women" by the league/teams, I was suggesting it will likely get settled quickly... that's all

i remember there being a segment on the Today Show about it awhile back

Why? Who is this guy? I've never seen him before. He's a no name. Why would this get settled quickly over this guy? He's likely oversimplifying the situation to get a rise and get clicks.

Why? Who is this guy? I've never seen him before. He's a no name. Why would this get settled quickly over this guy? He's likely oversimplifying the situation to get a rise and get clicks.

I'm not saying this will get settled quickly because of Chris Hayes.... I'm suggesting that this will get settled quickly because the NFL and its teams will want to eliminate focus on anything related to the treatment of women in any aspect of their business in light of everything in the press the last several weeks

She has control over setting their pay? They should get paid for whatever they're asked to do, especially as its nearly a year-round job. There's a big difference between asking a player (with the option to say no) making millions to be an ambassador to the community and requiring cheerleader that you're paying nothing to.

Its also been out there that they had to sell calendars regularly by paying for them up front and then losing out if they couldn't sell them. That's how strippers are treated when they're required to get patrons to "buy them" x number of drinks per hour

I was at last week's game and there's more than enough money flowing to pay cheerleaders some reasonable money when they make the squad

Again, it's basically a volunteer position. It's not a career or livelihood. It's a hobby. If there was a male equivalent for fat middle aged Bills fans I'd have done it for free beer.

I agree. Settle and move on. The Jills add next to nothing to the game experience. Did not even think about them not being at the Dolphins game. So much other crap and advertising and bad music going on that the Jills just add another layer of distraction that only young men appreciate.