Should Terry let Jimbo buy a token share of the Bills?

I was a bit saddened to see Jimbo pimpin' himself out to Bon Jovi for a 2% stake.

That did not make Jim look good at all. Sure he eventually told JBJ to eff off, but he let slip that he could be bought. I've posted before that I never believed Kelly had a real plan to buy the Bills. Why? Because he never showed the ability to organize a successful business venture before. (Okay he has his football camp but doesn't someone run that for him?)

Plus he was very flip about cobbling the money together to buy the Bills. Like he knew people who had a billion + to lend him. If anything this sales process proved it was a game played at a level far beyond Jimbo's capability.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

from Jim's perspective, he could put in 14+ million for 1% of the team and no real say in anything

OR

He could keep that money, and draw a nice salary from the team in an ambassador/alumni role on top of it.

Either way he has the same amount of say, except he's 14 million richer in the second example.

If the team appreciates a bit, so would Jim's stake in the team. He could sell it and make a hefty profit. You think Terry wants to miss out on that?

I think whatever equity Jim would get sold as a pseudo ceremonial gesture would be a fraction of a percent. In the context of billions of dollars its hardly anything that would have serious finical consequences. For me I would like to see it happen something about Kelly having a direct link to the team however small and relatively meaningless is a good story.

Edited by billsfan89

I think whatever equity Jim would get sold as a pseudo ceremonial gesture would be a fraction of a percent. In the context of billions of dollars its hardly anything that would have serious finical consequences. For me I would like to see it happen something about Kelly having a direct link to the team however small and relatively meaningless is a good story.

Make him head cheerleader.