Week 3 predictions: Chargers @ Bills

YoloinOhio

This is a much harder game to predict than the last two.

Things I like for the Bills:

1. Offensive element of surprise - we have some new pieces and a young OC who hasn't revealed all of the playbook. Meanwhile, Schwartz shouldn't be surprised by anything the Chargers try to do.

2. Home field - The crowd is going to amp up our defense like they did this past Sunday.

(3). Weather - In parenthesis because we don't know how it's going to be, but if it rains, that theoretically gives us a bigger advantage in the run game.

The Bills have showcased great game planning in the first two outings and have given themselves plenty of opportunities to score.

I choose to believe that in game 3 , with solid preparation and in the comfort of home field, we will hit on the plays we've missed during the first two games. This game will turn into a shoot-out.

Bills win 37-34

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills control the line of scrimmage. We have better offensive weapons (except at TE and QB) and a better defense. Rivers throws for 3 TDs but we run for 2 and have 3 FG. 23-21 Bills.

Goal posts come down at the end of the game.

People are post-game tailgating well into the evening.

Record call-ins to local businesses on Monday.

Pegula smiles from afar!

Bills control the line of scrimmage. We have better offensive weapons (except at TE and QB) and a better defense. Rivers throws for 3 TDs but we run for 2 and have 3 FG. 23-21 Bills.

Goal posts come down at the end of the game.

People are post-game tailgating well into the evening.

Record call-ins to local businesses on Monday.

Pegula smiles from afar!

Do not underestimate the WR trio of Allen-Floyd-Royal. They're pretty darn good.

Do not underestimate the WR trio of Allen-Floyd-Royal. They're pretty darn good.

Part of why Rivers' red zone production is so good.

This is a really tough match-up for our secondary. Even if the Chargers are one-dimensional, I don't think they're going to have much trouble scoring.

Edited by LeGOATski

Bills 28-20.

Time of possession is key.

Have to get pressure on Rivers, especially on 3rd downs. Aaron Williams should matchup much better with Gates than Chancellor did a week ago. Woodhead and K.Allen will be tough matchups. Rivers will make some plays and put up some points, but it's important the D capitalizes and get turnovers when Rivers gives them the chance.

EJ will have to complete some passes outside the hashes this week against pressure probably. If the Bills can convert 3rd downs, the run game should wear down the Chargers as the game goes on. Mike Williams could have a big game in the red zone.

Go Bills

Rivers and Gates had a great game against Seattle at home, but they are not likely to repeat their magic this Sunday in a very hostile environment. Bills get up early and force the Chargers to be one-dimensional. Sacks and turnovers ensue, as Rivers comes back to Earth. Bills, 30-17.

Bills manage the game, all 3 units contribute and perform responsibly.

Bills 26. 3 TD's and 2 FG's

Chargers 22, TD's and a 2pt conversion

Bills cannot emerge on offense, timing is off and the DL doesn't get the pressure needed to give the DB's any fighting chance as Rivers heaves passes over us all day.

Chargers: 41

Bills 17

Bills manage the game, all 3 units contribute and perform responsibly.

Bills 26. 3 TD's and 2 FG's

Chargers 22, TD's and a 2pt conversion

Bills cannot emerge on offense, timing is off and the DL doesn't get the pressure needed to give the DB's any fighting chance as Rivers heaves passes over us all day.

Chargers: 41

Bills 17

Which witch is which?! I must know

Edited by YoloinOhio

which one seems like it fits? It is the tale of being a Bills fan - we want to believe in the best and hope for the best but the Bills are heartbreakers. Are they going to break our hearts again?