Week 3 predictions: Chargers @ Bills

YoloinOhio

The Chargers have Frank Riech as their O-Coordinator, so he can prep the team on how to play in the Ralph.

The long flight from the west coast might have some effect on the Bolts.

Bills need to improve on the Red-Zone & also their screen plays (they develop nicely, but seem to collapse before the back can get rolling to the outside - bad blocking scheme???)

Bills D needs to stay the course.

Bills 24 = Chargers 17

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reality check coming up this weekend.

- Ryan Mathews is out so not much sting in their running game though Woodhead has given Bills headaches in the past

- Gates, Gates and more Gates. I still have little confidence in the Bills covering TEs. I anticipate playing time for Spikes will be limited and focus will be on limiting Gates

- Charger WRs are decent (and big) so hope Graham, Gilmore have big games

- I am worried more about their D than their O. If we keep our O unpredictable and balanced, we can keep possession for long. SD kept the ball for 42+ minutes against Seattle. We cannot let that happen and have to sustain drives

HF advantage will be needed. Too close to call but being a homer, I will predict a Bills win 27-23

If it were in SD, the Bolts all the way. But at the Ralph with a loud 12th man again, it's a coin toss.

Will come down to a mistake or a great play by one of the teams.

I kinda hope the Bills fall behind early to see if Hackett and Manuel can shift gears from game management to aggressive.

Edited by CodeMonkey

If it were in SD, the Bolts all the way. But at the Ralph with a loud 12th man again, it's a coin toss.

Will come down to a mistake or a great play by one of the teams.

I kinda hope the Bills fall behind early to see if Hackett and Manuel can shift gears from game management to aggressive.

So in your opinion, SD is a better team than the Bills? If so, what makes them better?

So in your opinion, SD is a better team than the Bills? If so, what makes them better?

Rivers vs Manuel is the obvious huge one.

Rivers can win games. Manuel has learned how to be a game manager it seems, which is a big step forward, but win games? Not sure.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Like you said, hopefully the home field negates some of that difference. SD lost to the Raiders with Terrell Pryor at QB last year, and at Tenn with Fitzy, so there's that.

The Bills are going to pound them with the running game and play action in the passing game. The Chargers are going to be primarily one dimensional with the passing game as their primary way of moving the ball with Gates, Allen, Royal, and Floyd. Good week to find out how good is the Bills' secondary.