The Strain

/dev/null

Killing them off like Game of Thrones

And you'd think Palmer would have had the sense to load up silver ammunition so Eichorst doesn't run off

Told ya Quin made it, Also real close on Palmer getting Eichorst who should have died but I am sure he made it.

Sux that Justine and angel got strigged, she should have left with the other cops.

Gonna miss Angel de la Plata....Strain's the best hour-long drama on TV when GOT isn't on...

?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told ya Quin made it, Also real close on Palmer getting Eichorst who should have died but I am sure he made it.

Sux that Justine and angel got strigged, she should have left with the other cops.

?

GOT = Game of Thrones.

I too hated to see Justine infected. You just know that she was thinking "oh %@#$, not in the eye again!".

That was a great scene just before the explosion when Gus looked back and saw Angel standing atop the truck with his silver cross gleaming in the firelight like some kind of holy beacon.

Two beloved characters gone.

But Eichhorst is at least temporarily FUBARed. :thumbsup:

GOT = Game of Thrones.

I too hated to see Justine infected. You just know that she was thinking "oh %@#$, not in the eye again!".

That was a great scene just before the explosion when Gus looked back and saw Angel standing atop the truck with his silver cross gleaming in the firelight like some kind of holy beacon.

Two beloved characters gone.

But Eichhorst is at least temporarily FUBARed. :thumbsup:

The explosion killing her surprised me. After the worm crawled into her eye, I was thinking she would be the next master.

Unfortunately, the ratings so far this year have been pretty poor. I'm not sure why that is and I don't think its a reflection of quality, but regardless, the announcement that its going to get a fourth season and an ending were welcome news to me. I've been expecting it to be cancelled at the end of this season. I might be more disappointed if I hadn't read the books, but based on where they're at in the story, and that they have about 20 episodes left, I think they can give it the proper ending the show and the fans deserve. I was thinking that they did 10 episode seasons like Game of Thrones, but its actually 13. I think we have 8 more this year and 13 next year. That should be enough.

---Actually, now that I've checked, it seems they have changed the episode order for season 3. The previous two were 13 episodes each, this one only 10. Assuming season four is also 10 episodes instead of 13, that cuts six remaining episodes, and so it may force them to rush the ending some.

I stopped watching sometime during season two, I believe, because I just couldn't get past the terrible acting. The guy playing Palmer, the guy playing Eph -- just awful. Eichhorst was the only character keeping it somewhat interesting.

The explosion killing her surprised me. After the worm crawled into her eye, I was thinking she would be the next master.

My guess for who the Master takes as a host is still Zach.

I stopped watching sometime during season two, I believe, because I just couldn't get past the terrible acting. The guy playing Palmer, the guy playing Eph -- just awful. Eichhorst was the only character keeping it somewhat interesting.

You're not the first person to say this that I've seen. Maybe I'm more easily fooled by incompetent actors, but they all seemed convincing to me. My only beef with the show was that the pacing was a bit slow for my taste, but this season has been much more exciting.

JMO, but the acting could be ALOT worse considering the subject matter.... I think the producers really lucked-out with this cast.... Setrakian (David Bradley) is also Walder Fray from GOT... Mr Fet (Kevin Durand) has a recurring role on History Channel's "Vikings" -also played bit-parts in a TON of movies and TV shows... Corey Stoll (Eph) has done some fairly big-budget movies recently... Like I said, I really like the show.... It's got me believing that some effed-up s#!* like that could really go down! :lol:

Eichhorst was the only character keeping it somewhat interesting.

Then you missed Eldrich Palmer collapsing on the floor, and POS Eichhorst yelling -"Nurse!" -Sounds simple, but it was freaking hilarious.

Edited by #34fan

the story is too good to ignore

My guess for who the Master takes as a host is still Zach.

I can see this but what about misses Eph? now that would be interesting, Eph having to kill his wife :o

I can see this but what about misses Eph? now that would be interesting, Eph having to kill his wife :o

He's already tried to kill her. In season one when they returned to their house to get Zach's asthma inhaler, strigoi-Kelly showed up and he shot her. Then he began drinking again.

I think it would be much harder on him if the Master took over his son's body.

Eph has absolutely no qualms about killing that woman. -Wife, of not... I think that Mexican chick that electrocuted herself on the subway didin't die... The Master might just turn up as her.... I also think Quinlan is a lying SOS... Those ancients didn't die.... He saved them, and now is the one tasked with bringing them their gruesome supper. :sick:

He's already tried to kill her. In season one when they returned to their house to get Zach's asthma inhaler, strigoi-Kelly showed up and he shot her. Then he began drinking again.

I think it would be much harder on him if the Master took over his son's body.

True but I don't want that to happen. Also now that she is human - lite again it might be a lot tougher now.

Eph has absolutely no qualms about killing that woman. -Wife, of not... I think that Mexican chick that electrocuted herself on the subway didin't die... The Master might just turn up as her.... I also think Quinlan is a lying SOS... Those ancients didn't die.... He saved them, and now is the one tasked with bringing them their gruesome supper. :sick:

yeah, not buying that all though don't trust Quin. Would be fiendish if the master made Quin the new master after all these centuries of trying to kill him.

yeah, not buying that all though don't trust Quin. Would be fiendish if the master made Quin the new master after all these centuries of trying to kill him.

Killing the master is all Quin is living for... The POS forced Quin to give the only mother he ever knew the "Capri Sun" treatment... That episode was really messed-up.

I have a suspicion that Quinlan might sting Dutch, then, instead of breaking her neck, ride off into the sunset with her.... The girl will literally sleep with anything that moves.

In a massive plot twist, it will be revealed that The Strain was a result of all the STDs Dutch is carrying

In a massive plot twist, it will be revealed that The Strain was a result of all the STDs Dutch is carrying

Surprised she didn't give Eph a dose already... If Eichorst promised not to sting her, she woulda given him a piece back in season two...

I knew that weasel Eichorst made it.

How perfect, the master and Palmer are now one, now they can kill two birds with one stone. Although I did like that he was betraying the master and liked seeing him work with Setrakian and co.

wont they be in for a surprise when they find out about Palmer.

that is rich, Palmer is now master of Eichorst lol

Wonder what language the master is speaking?

Your whole existence is to kill, in this case entrap, the master and now what?

Holy crap. Holy mother#@$%ing crap.

Still watching got 15 minutes left

Nice, Eph kills the mom, and Zach is a tool bag for being mad.

What an idiot lets blow up the city because my dad killed a muncher. Nice job kid the master got away

poor Quin can't die no matter how hard he tries.

Zach effing traitor, burn in hell, you worthless POS.

Although it wouldn't be dark long from the nuke cloud.