Greg Hardy

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about what it has morphed into? Ever hear the story of Eric Moulds putting his girlfriend's head through sheetrock?

If anything, there's a lot more visibility on these incidents now.

We need video evidence to determine just how wrong that is.

How about the Biscuit?

On May 1997,[5] Bennett committed "vicious acts"[6] during a sexual assault of a woman at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Buffalo. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 60 days in jail for sexual misconduct. He was also placed on three years' probation, fined $500, ordered to perform 100 hours of community service, ordered to pay back $617 in medical bills for the woman,[7] and ordered to undergo anger-management and substance-abuse counseling.[8]

Tila Tequila found out why they call Merriman 'Lights Out'

http://deadspin.com/5353678/shawne-merriman-knows-how-to-beat-a-lady-updated

Funny, in today's world if there isn't video of the event no one believes it. If there is video than it is a conspiracy or coverup.

I am not turning this in to PPP merely remarking on the following of two stories of equal magnitude:

Imagine if we had no video of Ray Rice but had some in Ferguson?

If one wants to acknowledge reality then you have to also see whether h is found guilty in court and whether he is subject to some level of sanction by the NFL.

It is clear that with a guilty verdict or not, a decision by a judge or a jury, once indicted, the NFL can suspend him WITH pay if it chooses.

In fact, there is past precedent of teams suspending a player who has merely been accused (either in the legal process and even in the court of public opinion) without pay.

In fact, Goodell has stated that he has the authority to sanction a player in order to defend the precious brand of the NFL even without an official verdict.

Traditionally, the NFLPA used to reflexively take a stance opposing NFL sanctions against one of its members. However, the situation changed, first when the owners essentially accepted the NFLPA as a partner as embodied by the CBA created in the late 80s and early 90s. Further. in the next renegotiation of the CBA which gave the players 60.5% of tital receipts the players are the majority partner.

This change was reflected in how the NFL sanctioned idiot PacMan Jones for repeated infractions. The NFLPA not only did not oppose this discipline as it reflexively would have in thee past, NFLPA leadership publicly encouraged this discipline were made as protecting the brand is actually a clear primary fiscal interest of the players.

His guilty verdict is obviously related to league action, but it does not drive or restrict the process. Court findings make it easier to sanction him but legally and by precedent is not essential.

a

The NFLPA is oppressing Ray Rice's discipline. And it would oppose any discipline given to Hardy. It is much easier to win at arbitration if a Court has already found an individual guilty, and even if not found guilty, there is evidence from the Court proceedings that can then be used in Arbitration.

What are you talking about what it has morphed into? Ever hear the story of Eric Moulds putting his girlfriend's head through sheetrock?

If anything, there's a lot more visibility on these incidents now.

Morphed into a highly visible media event. No i had not heard of Moulds doing that.

maybe that my point. Now we as fans and veiwers get some opinion from multiple sources about the slightest mistep . Some are overblown , some are undercovers kinda , then dug out.

But its has become a sensitized subject . NFL monsters run amok .

Probably always so , extreme example Dave Meggett , but we did not hear of it till it was much too late and damages were done.

And its a snapshot of society these days . Just heightened by public awareness of media scrutiny of the NFL and its players .

Does that make any sense ? I know what i mean but having trouble saying it. again GG

Morphed into a highly visible media event. No i had not heard of Moulds doing that.

maybe that my point. Now we as fans and veiwers get some opinion from multiple sources about the slightest mistep . Some are overblown , some are undercovers kinda , then dug out.

But its has become a sensitized subject . NFL monsters run amok .

Probably always so , extreme example Dave Meggett , but we did not hear of it till it was much too late and damages were done.

And its a snapshot of society these days . Just heightened by public awareness of media scrutiny of the NFL and its players .

Does that make any sense ? I know what i mean but having trouble saying it. again GG

The Moulds story was widely reported at the time. He's basically a scumbag, but for a while he was an elite player. And he wasn't caught on tape. If memory serves, the Bennett story was worse. Our heroes!

Seriously, I want to see more analysis of why we as fans expect these guys to act like model citizens when their entire livelihood depends upon their ability to act like violent sociopaths on Sundays. The idea that Lawrence Taylor should have had the ability to turn it off come 4:15 pm on Sunday always seemed completely naive to me.

Edited by dave mcbride

The Moulds story was widely reported at the time. He's basically a scumbag, but for a while he was an elite player. And he wasn't caught on tape. If memory serves, the Bennett story was worse. Our heroes!

Seriously, I want to see more analysis of why we as fans expect these guys to act like model citizens when their entire livelihood depends upon their ability to act like violent sociopaths on Sundays. The idea that Lawrence Taylor should have had the ability to turn it off come 4:15 pm on Sunday always seemed completely naive to me.

Just to be clear. I am not an Old Bills fan. I was there. i just did not care much till recently.

I loathe cheating and bull ****.

And my moral compass is calibrated reasonably well.

sure i am setting myself up for heartbreak but whatever.

The NFL is a weird place to work I imagine

Ps

Its up to us to watch or not watch. It may be unfair to have any expectations of these people /players coaches etc .

Edited by 3rdand12