Could Donahoe consider Tim Couch?

Tipster19

I can't see Bledsoe taking a backseat for a few different reasons.

a) He shot his mouth off at the end of last season

b) He won't take a pay cut and/or be a potential back-up

c) There may be other starting positions open on other teams

With Couch, none of this will be a problem. The question would be if he has the ability. With a running 1st offense with some passing he might be effective. Someone else posted about Gannon. that could be interesting. Either way, I don't see Bledsoe back. Any other suggestions for a possible replacement?

I can't see Bledsoe taking a backseat for a few different reasons.

a) He shot his mouth off at the end of last season

b) He won't take a pay cut and/or be a potential back-up

c) There may be other starting positions open on other teams

With Couch, none of this will be a problem. The question would be if he has the ability. With a running 1st offense with some passing he might be effective. Someone else posted about Gannon. that could be interesting. Either way, I don't see Bledsoe back. Any other suggestions for a possible replacement?

221250[/snapback]

Gannon is too much of a risk. Besides, I don't think he would like to have to compete for the starting job. Plus #12 is retired. :P

His health is too much of a question mark. Injuries happen in the NFL and given his age, it would take him longer to recuperate.

Couch is intriguing, though.

IMO Couch is just not worth it, unless he's completly healthy. He's had serious injury problems. Was cut by the packers, was gonna be given a chance by the bears and couldn't even make their team, and wtf did they have Johnathan quinn medicine woman and chad hutchinson? If he was healthy he would've been picked up. Maybe it's an option to look at, but I question the guys heart and motivation and durability. I'd look elsewhere. Hoping Bledsoe stays or Matthews stays or going after someone young much like JP who's also mobile, someone like Mike McMahon. Personally I hope Bledsoe stays. I'm not a big fan of messing up chemistry with a year under mularkey and a 9-7 finish to the season. Open competition between Drew and JP is the best way to go I believe.

Couch is a basket case who lost virtually all of his confidence, poise and pocket presence. Yes, we have great QB coachng, but Wyche would demand more $$ to babysit this reclaimation project.

We've seen Couch's best. Let's move on.

It just came out in the news that Couch has been diagnosed with a "fraying" rotator cuff. This will require surgery and 4-5 mos. of rehab. This on top of the fact that he's really not much of a QB and is a crybaby...

Still want him?

From WKYT in Lexington, KY....

AND FORMER WILDCAT QUARTERBACK TIM COUCH IS HOPEFUL OF MAKING A COMEBACK IN THE NFL... BUT NOW HE FACES SURGERY...

COUCH TRIED TO REST HIS AILING SHOULDER... LAST WEEK HE BEGAN THROWING AT THE IMG CAMP IN BRADENTON, FLORIDA...

WHEN HE TRIED TO THROW HARDER AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS WEEK... THE SHOULDER GAVE OUT... COUCH RETURNED TO HIS HOME IN FORT LAUDERDALE....

THE SURGERY ON HIS ROTATOR CUFF IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT TUESDAY IN BIRMINGHAM, IT'LL MOST LIKELY BE PERFORMED BY DR. JIM ANDREWS...

COUCH'S BROTHER GREG SAYS HIS BROTHER WILL FACE A REHAB OF FOUR TO FIVE MONTHS....

I think either Kurt Warner or possibly Jay Fiedler would be a good fit.    Fiedler is a winning QB despite the absence of gaudy stats.

221482[/snapback]

Bledsoe was a winning QB in 2004, despite the abscence of gaudy stats, and even with all of his faults (many of them growing in legend with each passing day on TSW), he is a major upgrade over Jay Fiedler.

Tim frikkin Couch??!!

Y'all got to stay off the crack pipe once in a while.

221617[/snapback]

I never considered myself a "Bledsoe backer", but every time I read one of these asinine posts about which other team's rejects would be better for us than Bledsoe, I find myself becoming more and more convinced that the Bills need Bledsoe back, as badly as he needs them....his "this is my team" statement from the press-conference following the Steelers loss has been so blown out of proportion, and taken out of context, it is absurd...I am a Bills fan first, and I want what is best for the Bills. The more absurd suggestions made, the more apparent it becomes that, starter or back-up, Drew should be on our roster in 2005.

Lets not replace one Bledsoe with another. If we are going to add a new QB, let's look at people who have some potential to work out. Not some "name" who flamed out elsewhere. Drew Bledsoe couldn't get it done in New England. We traded for him, and guess what? Different uni, same Drew.

Maybe Tim Couch is a good QB and was just a victim of a bad situation in Cleveland. But you know what they say:"If it quacks..."

PTR

Lets not replace one Bledsoe with another.  If we are going to add a new QB, let's look at people who have some potential to work out.  Not some "name" who flamed out elsewhere.  Drew Bledsoe couldn't get it done in New England. We traded for him, and guess what?  Different uni, same Drew. 

Maybe Tim Couch is a good QB and was just a victim of a bad situation in Cleveland.  But you know what they say:"If it quacks..."

PTR

221641[/snapback]

I saw a lot of Couch - Cle and Cin being in the same division. Never had much of an O/L, and never a decent run game. He took a lot of terrific hits.

Tim Couch?  Are you freakin kidding me?    Donahoe might as well go for broke and bring in Akili Smith, Andre Ware and Ryan Leaf while he's at it.   

Bills in 06!

221480[/snapback]

Or Drew Brees........see sometimes people can suck and then a real coach gets in there or they get to a team that understands how to utilize them and they can turn it around.

I'm not saying Tim Couch is one of those people, but keeping him on the roster for league minimum in a 2nd or 3rd string capacity might be worth a thought.

Or Drew Brees........see sometimes people can suck and then a real coach gets in there or they get to a team that understands how to utilize them and they can turn it around.

I'm not saying Tim Couch is one of those people, but keeping him on the roster for league minimum in a 2nd or 3rd string capacity might be worth a thought.

221664[/snapback]

Unfortunately, he's injured. IIRC, he's suing the Packers for cutting him without offering an injury settlement.