How Many Pages into A Forum Topic Thread Do You Read

BobDVA

Well its all depends . Even some of the arguments that reach a grand scale i will read due the intelllectual perspectives.

Just bickering i will skip ahead .

But i do try to be honest and read the whole thing to see how it developed .

May i say that some the best and finest works have appeared over the last half year.

This place is really much more a family than say a year or two ago. Dysfunctional of course but thats understood and now even tolerated .

I try not to gloss over very much here.

But some threads i dont even open up . Like i skipped most of the" Bills For Sale " or some of the technical goo some ye gods spew.

: )

But there is almost always some great dialog in here somewhere i either learn from or chuckle or blush.

IN

Groovy Baby.

Ya know ?

This topic is already being discussed.

This topic is already being discussed

Lazy thread starters who refuse to peruse the board to see if there is an existing topic that they want to discuss are plainly inconsiderate.

And you always gently remind us lazy bums with alink.

Thats why we are still lazy , you know ?

Thanks for that 26 :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree. Not sure what the exact # cutoff should be, but if a topic already has 300 or so replies I'd usually rather not wade through all that.

Can be brutal. so i agree . a current protocol should be written for proper decorum

Ohh, see I usually read every page in order. I violated my own rule and skipped page 2. I could have stopped there!

Shame . sometimes page two is the best page !

I try to always read in order. But when reading at work i do jump around .

Hey mr Owl how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop? ah one, ah two , a three. three

CRUNCH

Personally, If I really like the topic, I can make it about ten pages.

Second Questions, how many post into a topic do you think it is on average before 28CorneBlitz points out that this topic is already being discussed?

I think a new topic post should be allowed after ten pages.

I stop the minute I see the IN comments. 30 pages with 75% of the posts being IN has gotten crazy and making the board useless for information and discussion

Depends on the topic and I tend not to read all the pages. I look at the topic's first couple of pages and if I go back later, I always skip to the last page to get caught up. If I need to refer back for context, I do that as well.

Edited by xsoldier54