who was the player of the game

ganesh

Honestly, I don't think there was one guy.

Woods made a couple amazing catches. Graham made a couple gutty plays. Kyle Williams with that INT possibly saved the game. EJ played damn well, and honestly only made one bad decision (the INT).

I agree, if i had to go with 1 guy, it HAS to be EJ... for all the flack he's gotten, to go 3 and out in 1st series then Bears score in 4 plays and right off the bat we are down 7-0, i was thinking "oh boy, here we go again"... in a hostile environment, to march the team right back down the field and get that rushing TD had to feel as good for him as it did for all us fans who have waited all season, pre-season, and with all the drama feel sooooooo good!

But this was a total team effort. 3 RB all contributed, Woods was awesome, and Mike Williams only had 2 catches but those 2 catches were plays we have sorely lacked from secondary WR's in god knows how long. Sammy was quiet but played OK. OL showed up, Glenn especially. The D, bent but did not break and created 3 TO's that all resulted in points. And the special teams was outstanding. Nice to have aa punter have 4/5 punts inside the 20, couple of great tackles by Easley to stop guy right in his tracks, and Dan "Money" Carpenter has to be one of the best kickers in league. He really was a phenominal find and as someone pointed out, over 16 game season, he very well could be MVP of this team. Kickers usually only get noticed when they miss kicks, but this guy is so darn accurate, that almost every kick is not only good, its almost always right down middle. Doesnt need to get "lucky" on his kicks, he bangs them right thru.

What a GREAT monday morning!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Tough to do only one player of the game.

KW didn't have a huge impact on the stat sheet but that interception was huge. And fun!

EJ's stats were mediocre (which IMO is all we need from the position) but he completed some clutch passes on 3rd downs and did a great job on running the read options and had nice touch on the screens (even if the blocking wasn't there).

Corey Graham stepped up with an interception, clutch pass breakups, and what appeared on TV to be good coverage.

Fred because clutch play at clutch moment. And that stiff arm.

Brandon Spikes had a couple of big stops against the run, got a QB sack matching his single season high in sacks, and seemed to be the heart of a bend-but-don't break defensive game plan.

Edited by Campy

Carpenter. Then EJ. Then Schmidt.

EJ didn't have a great game, but with all the **** he's heard from us "fans" it's a shock he didn't go out there and lay an egg. Something to be said for mental toughness.

These are good choices. Carpenter is clutch, and Schmidt had a solid effort.

EJ was, well, EJ, solid enough to not kill us, and maybe he can build on this.

Dumb penalty by Spikes, hope he does not do that often. However, I liked what I saw of him on the field, heck, I already want the Bills to sign him for next year. He should be up in the running.

Not sure how Leodis McKelvin is not in the running. 13 solo tackles? Eric Berry had 14 solo, no one else had more solo tackles in week 1 thus far.

There really were a lot. But both kickers ... don't underestimate what the brand new punter did.

But EJ is probably the top for me. Not that he had an all star game or anything, but he played within himself and allowed the team to win.

Plus I loved his runs. Slid or got out of bounds and for the most part got his desired result.

As much as he got picked on by Cutler, McKelvin did step up yesterday. He wasn't completely toasted at any point, he had a forced fumble and his deflection (should have been a pick) set up the game winning drive in OT.

Now that I am done playing devil's advocate, I am going to go with Colton Schmidt as the POG as he flipped the field and left the Bears with poor field position frequently.

If he keeps performing well, I suspect we may see this video more:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5dd_1347107772

Edited by justnzane

Lots and lots of guys deserve kudos.

MW, MW2, KW, CG, BS, RW and FJ all played great. I think CJ played very well, and I think it's a boost on Special Teams to have him contributing on kickoffs (I know there was only 1 actual return yesterday, but in general I think it's a good morale boost to have our starters willing to contribute on ST.) Also nice to see Schmidt have a good first day.

Edited by Captain Caveman