Schefter: Bills won't hesitate to play Orton

FluffHead

i took it to mean this season

and there's the rub. this is the sort of prediction that anyone can make. if he said ej would be replaced if he sucks today, then i might be impressed.

it doesn't take a genius to predict that an underperforming qb is in danger of (eventually) being replaced by his backup.

+1 SSchefter and all these wired in guys make this stuff up. When was the last time he was even in Buffalo? Orton plays if EJ is injured thats all.

schefter was in brockport last year giving a speech to the journalism dept.. then he was having dinner with buff front office ie whaley before flying out...

definitley wired in...his sources are direct contacts...i trust him

You're putting him down simply because you don't like the news rather than based on his reputation. That's convenient.

Is it fair to put him down based on the fact that the news is non-specific and pretty useless? Do we really believe that somebody reliable in the Bills organization told Schefter "Yeah, we're not gonna hesitate to use Orton"?

schefter was in brockport last year giving a speech to the journalism dept.. then he was having dinner with buff front office ie whaley before flying out...

definitley wired in...his sources are direct contacts...i trust him

last year...hmmm. the rest of the time he is sniffing Brady's jock. These guys throw shiite at the to see what sticks.

TBH I don't think this is really going out on a limb by Schefty. Also his source could be Jim Kelly, Steve Tasker, etc. Both talk to the national media a lot and are close to the team.

Example in NY:

@gggaughan: Geno 12TD/21INT LY & 55.8%. Rex on Geno: This is "best QB situation I've ever had in my life." Bills fans wld be killing DM if he said that

This will be EJ's 10th regular season game, give him this season at the least to learn.

what about the rest of the team ? If the QB cant do his job effectively it hurts so many other parts of the team to just say let him learn .

Is this a rebuilding season or a playoff season ? Ifs its a rebuilding season then let EJ play it out . If its a playoff season then you give him an opportunity to keep his job just as you will the other 21 starters and make a change if it doesn't look as though he can get the job done .