If EJ Can Remember How To Do This

T master

If Ej can go back into his memory & play like this or if the O line can give him the time & he can perform like he did in this game we can win a lot of games with him at the helm .

The only problem to this point i haven't seen this EJ play for the Bills but after seeing this i'm holding out hope that he shows up !!

GO Bills !!!!

Mostly dink and dunk, I sort of agree. But he was pretty "off" on a lot of those passes, really. His receivers deserve credit for making tough catches and making plays after the catch. I would have to say, I was unimpressed by that game (I saw it when it was on) and it was one of the ones that made me doubt his ability. He really has improved (IMO) and had better games than this at FSU.

BTW here is a link to the whole game not just HLs.

Edited by bowery4

How soon we forget! Go EJ! Go Bills

I agree this is better, hope we get this EJ consistently, he has the tools. And BTW SJ is a good receiver, if SF can't figure out how to use him, there is something wrong there. That game where he and then Chandler fumbled though :wallbash:

He's scared to make a mistake. He needs to just let it fly. Trust your read, stand tall in the pocket, step into it and FOLLOW THROUGH on the throw. It's like he's scared to get hit so he panics and short arms his throws. The biggest QB in the NFL is scared. I think he just needs to relax and trust his abilities. A lot of his issues are mental because when he has time he can make the throw. He just needs confidence

Establish the run, offer reasonable if not world class protection, hope for progression from season one to season two. I don't like to generalize, but the trend seems to be when the O does play well, it takes a while to get going. With only 60 minutes to play, that's an issue. At the same time, with the defense, I realize Schwartz isn't Wannstadt, but I was at the Pats-Bills game when Wannstadt ran the d. First half was fun and games, second half looked like a Pats scrimmage ("No contact fellas!") where for kicks they put 11 on O and 6 on D. I still have nightmares. Of course, our creative-outside-the-box D got bulldozed in game 2 last year, too. Both games sucked, they just both sucked better different.

If they didn't insist on playing musical chairs on the Oline throughout all of camp and maybe settled on a group and let them play a little together maybe the line wouldn't hv looked like the train wreck it was all preseason

Mostly dink and dunk, I sort of agree. But he was pretty "off" on a lot of those passes, really. His receivers deserve credit for making tough catches and making plays after the catch. I would have to say, I was unimpressed by that game (I saw it when it was on) and it was one of the ones that made me doubt his ability.

I agree, FSU was so much more talented than NIU... nothing too impressive from the QB on that tape.

Seemed to me Russell Wilson on Thursday night was mostly "dink and dunk"....worked fine for him.

EJ said something the other day that their offense is built so that what some call checking down and others call dink/dunk actually is designed to move them down the field and not a bad thing. Again, maybe that isn't the case and he just forgot how to throw the ball. I have no idea. 26 hours!!!!!

I actually don't mind dink and dunk, it was just ALL I saw in that game and he really was off a bit in THAT game (and in others as we have seen). I like EJ and do think he has the tools to be very good. I just thought that, THAT particular game was not the best example of his talents. I hope that he continues to show improvement, gets help from the line and the talent around him.

I also hope he shows more consistency and his OC has some good game plans this year (although, I didn't hate last season as much as many on board here did, I do think there is a semi decent sounding plan in place). Last thought, I wonder if part of the oline play problems are on the zone blocking scheme, usually you have smaller linemen for that and yet we have giants playing it (although at least a couple are freaks athletically). I think we will see soon AND GO BILLS! I am excited for the season to start!