NFL Maps: 2014 Week 1

26CornerBlitz

More Stealer fans than Fish fans in Ra-cha-cha?

Oh yes, many times more in my opinion. The kids day preseason game a couple years back the tickets were selling on the after market at 3 to 4 times the normal dirt cheap preseason price because of all the Steeler fans buying them.

Oh yes, many times more in my opinion. The kids day preseason game a couple years back the tickets were selling on the after market at 3 to 4 times the normal dirt cheap preseason price because of all the Steeler fans buying them.

Interesting. I know at least 5, if not 10x, as many Fish fans here compared to Stealer fans.

I wonder why Fox is broadcasting the Bills game. Generally the visiting team determines which network broadcasts a game, with CBS "owning" the AFC and Fox the NFC. It will be interesting to hear the comments about the Bills from a crew that doesn't know much about them.

I wonder why Fox is broadcasting the Bills game. Generally the visiting team determines which network broadcasts a game, with CBS "owning" the AFC and Fox the NFC. It will be interesting to hear the comments about the Bills from a crew that doesn't know much about them.

that's the norm..... somehow I recall a new twist to the airing .. or not

but I'm out of market so it's NFL Ticket channel 7XX regardless

that's the norm..... somehow I recall a new twist to the airing .. or not

CBS is getting Thursday Night Football this year with the games also being shown on NFL Network. I think they'll be giving up games each week that the would normally get in previous years. This is my guess.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

it seems to be the ONLY crossover from the norm in wk 1

CBS is getting Thursday Night Football this year with the games also being shown on NFL Network. I think they'll be giving up games each week that the would normally get in previous years. This is my guess.

but Thursdays were NFL network or ESPN

hmm week 2

Atlanta at Cincinnati 1:00 PM CBS

week 1 AFC on FOX, week 2 NFC on CBS

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

New rules this year, games can be flexed between Networks. So that means some Bills road games Will be on fox. This also means some Bills home games May also be broadcast by fox.

More info from the net

Also new this year is cross-flexing, which the league can do any week of the season.

This process involves CBS and Fox and will result in AFC games that previously could have been seen only on CBS now appearing on Fox, and vice versa.

"Basically, the NFL has the option of taking up to seven NFC games, which heretofore would have only been on Fox, and seven AFC games and basically putting them on the mirror network," McManus explained.

"So, a Washington-Philadelphia game up until this year would always be on Fox or in prime time [on NBC] — it couldn't be on CBS. But there are now three games on the CBS schedule that are basically Fox games that before this year would only be on Fox. There will probably be three or four at the beginning of the season, and then … up to three or four later in the season."

The idea is putting the best matchups before the largest potential audiences. For example, a 1 p.m. game that is one of several Fox regional telecasts could be moved to the 4:15 p.m. national time slot on CBS.

"What happens is that Fox will have a game — and Washington-Philly is probably a good example — that is only going to 12 or 15 percent of the country," McManus said. "But by moving it to CBS, that percentage might jump up to 60 or 70 percent. So, it's an opportunity for the NFL to use their inventory in a more intelligent way."

TV football never has been more popular. Look at the top-rated shows for any given week from Nielsen last fall, and you will see not just the prime-time NFL games among the Top 10, but the Sunday afternoon national games on Fox and CBS as well.

Given the flex enhancements and extra eight weeks of prime-time football on CBS, the NFL is only going to grow its dominance not only of sports but also entertainment and popular culture this fall.

Direct from the "NOTES:" section of the 506 Sports main NFL page:

NOTES:

• Networks with the darker background color will have a doubleheader. In week 17, both CBS and FOX will have a doubleheader.
  • Projected lead national broadcasts are in bold. Games protected from being flexed to Sunday Night Football are in italics.
  • Weeks 5-17 subject to change due to flex scheduling. New in 2014: games may be flexed from CBS to FOX or vice versa.

Source: http://506sports.com/nfl/

Edited by nkreed

Direct from the "NOTES:" section of the 506 Sports main NFL page:

NOTES:

• Networks with the darker background color will have a doubleheader. In week 17, both CBS and FOX will have a doubleheader.
  • Projected lead national broadcasts are in bold. Games protected from being flexed to Sunday Night Football are in italics.
  • Weeks 5-17 subject to change due to flex scheduling. New in 2014: games may be flexed from CBS to FOX or vice versa.

Source: http://506sports.com/nfl/

Crap! How did I miss that? Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz