Bills-Bears Weekend Final Update

Ok Bills Fans, the start of the Bills Season is upon us. The Bills Backers of Chicago are ready to welcome Bills Nation to Chicago and with some help from our friends, we have your weekend all set up! I wanted to give you a final update on the plans and events for the weekend for anyone that missed it from our email blasts or facebook updates

Mods, please excuse the extra “week 1 plans” thread, but I wanted one thread with all the final info at the top so people coming into town can easily access it without combing through multiple threads. In fact if you can PIN this for the weekend, it would be great!

Saturday Night, Pregame Party

So the weekend starts Saturday night with the Official Opening Weekend Bills Backers Party at our backers Bar, Lincoln Station. Because over 200+ Bills fans form all over the world have RSVP’d to the party (including people from Hong Kong, Mexico, and the tropical paradise of Rochester, NY), we have shut down the bar so that there will be nothing but bills fans filling the place.

The address for Lincoln Station is

2432 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60614

Their phone number is:

(773) 472-8100

As a reminder $30 gets you have unlimited beer (including Labatt’s draft), well drinks, wine, beer, soda, wings, quesadillas, chips/salsa, and veggies/pita/hummus. The people at Labatt have also graciously agreed to pony up for some extra tasty bites and will also be supplying a treasure trove of Bills and Labatt’s swag that we will raffle off for free! The party goes from 7-10, but feel free to stay as long as you like (as long as you don’t miss kickoff!!). BTW, it's a 21 and over event.

Hopefully you are one of the 200+ that have already RSVP’d for the party. If you have, you now have guaranteed and exclusive entrance to the party between 7-8. After 8, we will open up the doors to any Bills fan who want’s to take part in the party (as bar capacity allows). So, if you haven’t RSVP’d and still want to party at the Official Week One Bills Backers Welcome Party, come by after 8, we will let people in until we’re bursting at the seams with Bills Fans.

Sunday AM: Transportation to the game

Sunday morning, our partners in crime, the Delilah’s Bills Backers have arranged a gathering spot at a bar near the stadium to arrange free transportation to and from the stadium. The meeting spot is called:

Reggies @ 2105 South State St., They will open at 9am and have rooftop patio for Bills fans to meet before we all descend on Soldier Field like the Bills Mafia we are.

Sunday Pregame Tailgate:

The people at Bills4Life have put together a tailgate plan for everyone attending the game:

From their website: The Tailgate Party Sunday will be at The 31st St. Lot the entrance is located at 31st St. and Moe Drive., just west of Lake Shore Drive, its a cash lot that opens at 6:00am a very popular tailgating lot that is usually full by 8-8:30am. For more info check out: http://bit.ly/1oKoMwV

Word to the wise: I echo their sentiment that the lot fills up quickly. ALSO, Bears fans can be real dicks, and the ones that know nothing about football are the loudest and most obnoxious. Oh, and don’t expect Bears security to help you, last time I was there, our cofounder got locked up in the Bears holding cell after some a$$h01e threw a full beer at my wife, who by the way, WAS a bears fan at the time (guess who wears a SPIKES jersey now). So keep ur cool Bills fans, I can only afford to bail a few of you out of jail.

If you don’t have tickets to the game, please feel free to stop by Lincoln station and hang out with with myself, BigCat, and the rest of the Bills Backers of Chicago. Get there by 11:30 at the latest as there will likely be standing room only after that. Feel free to come and introduce yourself. The founding members will be at the first table in the main room in front of the Big Screen. Sure would be nice to put a face to a TSW handle!

Chicago Info

If you get into town early, fun spots to go out in are wrigleyville (sports bars and college kids), old town (post college, nicer bars and lounges), Bucktown (more hipsters bars, less frat boy more indie rocker with a tattoo vibe), river north (touristy spots) among others. All of those places have good food, but you can also get good last minute reservations (even at some nice places) on opentable.com. If you need late night drunk food, get a Chicago dog or Italian beef, deep dish pizza, or check out a good burrito spot (like Allende near Lincoln station, or La Pasadita near bucktown. Good outdoor spots for Saturday morning include grant park, the lakefront, and Navy Pier (especially with kids). There are Divvy bike stops all over Chicago (literally) that can be rented for 30 minute intervals to get you all over town.

Ok, that’s it, we can’t wait for BillsMafia to descend on our home away from Orchard Park. Its time for the Bills Season to start, and have you heard…..

It’s OUR TIME!!

Go Bills

Bills Backers Of Chicago

I've never wanted to go to an away game more in my life. Great job to everyone involved!

Thanks, and EVERYONE should give BigCat a huge thanks for taking on the arduous task of keeping everyone informed and organizing the RSVPs for the party. Also big thanks to Benn at Lincoln Station for working with us in facilitating the party.

You could try near the stadium, but be careful. You'll have much more fun watching the game at Lincoln station than in jail. I got a message from someone trying to unload some very nice, but expensive tickets. They are united club section 309 for face value at $370 per ticket. I've been in united club seats before and it's a really nice place but u gotta be willing to splurge. Let me know if ur interested and I will contact the guy.

Hey guys, what is the best spot to scalp tickets? My Bills gear will probably increase the price 50% but I flew here without tickets so thems the breaks.

Years ago I came back to Buffalo for the opener, which was a Sunday Night game against the Pack I think. There were five of us and we only had four tickets. You can always find scalpers outside the Ralph so I wasn't worried at all, but there were no tickets, no guys selling anywhere. The game was almost starting and we couldn't find even one crappy seat. I said to my friends, "A cop would know."

I walked up to a policeman right in front of the Ralph, and said, "I used to live here. I hope I'm not breaking any laws. There are five of us and only four tickets. If you were me, what would you do?"

The officer looked me over, looked around, and said, "I'm not racial profiling, but you might want to look for a BLACK guy."

I cracked up. He went back to his job. I looked around, immediately walked up to the first black guy that I saw who was walking against the grain, and sho nuff, he had tickets. Sold us a great seat for not an exorbitant price, and laughed his ass off when I told him what happened.

So, um... you might wanna...

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Thanks to everyone who came out and made last night such an awesome time!!

Good job Cat, sounds like you guys did a bang up job this weekend.

Now , just get the frighten vegetables and hummus off the menu, and my respect for you will go even higher!

Good job Cat, sounds like you guys did a bang up job this weekend.

Now , just get the frighten vegetables and hummus off the menu, and my respect for you will go even higher!

Actually the vegetables were quite popular last night. Big burly men with plate after plate of celery and carrots. Didn't even leave room on their plate for wings.

Ha!

I just wanted to write to thank the teams at both Lincoln Station and Delilah's -- my wife and I traveled to Chicago for the weekend (from Boston) but didn't have tickets to the game, so we ended up stopping by Delilah's on Saturday (where I got to shake hands with Pinto Kenny and sing/scream at the top of my lungs with the gathered faithful) and we were among the first to get a table at Lincoln Station, 10 AM just after the doors opened on Sunday morning.

Lincoln Station was an incredible place to watch the game, absolutely electric environment. We were blown away by the hospitality not only of the staff (excellent) but also the Bears fans in attendance, everyone was so chill and welcoming from start to finish. Hats off to the organizers, you've built a great place to be on Sunday.

I just wanted to write to thank the teams at both Lincoln Station and Delilah's -- my wife and I traveled to Chicago for the weekend (from Boston) but didn't have tickets to the game, so we ended up stopping by Delilah's on Saturday (where I got to shake hands with Pinto Kenny and sing/scream at the top of my lungs with the gathered faithful) and we were among the first to get a table at Lincoln Station, 10 AM just after the doors opened on Sunday morning.

Lincoln Station was an incredible place to watch the game, absolutely electric environment. We were blown away by the hospitality not only of the staff (excellent) but also the Bears fans in attendance, everyone was so chill and welcoming from start to finish. Hats off to the organizers, you've built a great place to be on Sunday.

Awesome, man. Notes like these make all the 'work' worthwhile.

Glad you had a good experience with Bears fans yesterday because we damn near rumbled with an a-hole who setup shop right behind us. Waitress had to step in and put the bouncer in his place.

Sometimes being a VIP is pretty sweet. B-)

We got the pictures up on Facebook. http://goo.gl/Z7KqRN

Check 'em out, tag yourself! GO BILLS

FB is not letting me tag

Fully agree - great place to watch the game. Voice is hoarse this morning.

Awesome, man. Notes like these make all the 'work' worthwhile.

Glad you had a good experience with Bears fans yesterday because we damn near rumbled with an a-hole who setup shop right behind us. Waitress had to step in and put the bouncer in his place.

Sometimes being a VIP is pretty sweet. B-)

Wait - you were at Lincoln Station for the game yesterday ? I did not see you.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

FB is not letting me tag

Fully agree - great place to watch the game. Voice is hoarse this morning.

Wait - you were at Lincoln Station for the game yesterday ? I did not see you.

Haha, you came up to our table like four times, homey! We were right down front. I was with Suj and Bill.

I was also wearing hat and glasses. Incognito.

Haha, you came up to our table like four times, homey! We were right down front. I was with Suj and Bill.

I was also wearing hat and glasses. Incognito.

I did come and do remember talking to them but man - I did not see you !! Sorry about that.

So you gonna tell me how to tag myself in the fb pics ?

I did come and do remember talking to them but man - I did not see you !! Sorry about that.

So you gonna tell me how to tag myself in the fb pics ?

It was nice meeting you! How did you miss The Big Cat? I am not that tall, but I never realize how tall I am until I stand next to another tall gentleman!

Oh... Big Cat... Nice meeting you too! I put my email down on the list for tee-shirts... Those are so cool! Nice subtle take off of the Chicago City flag... Replacing the 5 six point red stars with five red standing bison... Pretty cool. It would be gr8 just to have the logo and not the words too! That way, people would have to look really close in determining if it is an actual Chicago flag or something different!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It was nice meeting you! How did you miss The Big Cat? I am not that tall, but I never realize how tall I am until I stand next to another tall gentleman!

Oh... Big Cat... Nice meeting you too! I put my email down on the list for tee-shirts... Those are so cool! Nice subtle take off of the Chicago City flag... Replacing the 5 six point red stars with five red standing bison... Pretty cool. It would be gr8 just to have the logo and not the words too! That way, people would have to look really close in determining if it is an actual Chicago flag or something different!

Great meeting you too!

Yeah, the minimalist take would be sweet. But we're not that hip.

Also, actual standing buffalo logo had to be swapped out by the t-shirt printer. They can't reproduce trademarked stuff.

Great meeting you too!

Yeah, the minimalist take would be sweet. But we're not that hip.

Also, actual standing buffalo logo had to be swapped out by the t-shirt printer. They can't reproduce trademarked stuff.

I wondered how that TM stuff worked... Too funny about not being that hip. LoL... That was my first time @ Lincoln Station, gr8 place. Wings were good and they had thin crust Chicago Pizza! Nice time! Thanks for all your work!

I wondered how that TM stuff worked... Too funny about not being that hip. LoL... That was my first time @ Lincoln Station, gr8 place. Wings were good and they had thin crust Chicago Pizza! Nice time! Thanks for all your work!

Yeah, the pizza was a nice surprise.

Also, here's the thing with the lettering. Only Chicago Bills fans would know what the t-shirts are all about. Because regular Chicagoans might not recognize the standing Buffalo, and Buffalonians sure as hell aren't going to recognize the flag.

So, we (me, I 'designed' them) opted for effectiveness over sleekness.

Yeah, the pizza was a nice surprise.

Also, here's the thing with the lettering. Only Chicago Bills fans would know what the t-shirts are all about. Because regular Chicagoans might not recognize the standing Buffalo, and Buffalonians sure as hell aren't going to recognize the flag.

So, we (me, I 'designed' them) opted for effectiveness over sleekness.

Good take on it... I agree... Very effective! Nicely done. How soon before they are rolling off the presses? Totally put me down for a few!