"a difficult, disappointing day for the commonwealth"

birdog1960

and for american politics. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/us/bob-mcdonnell-maureen-mcdonnell-virginia-verdict.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0. vitamin supplements and a very expensive wedding that needed paying for. $300 golf rounds. couldn't he make do with a $100 round and a destination wedding? guess not. what would the neighbors think? a sad commentary on american politics... anyone disagree?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and for american politics. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/us/bob-mcdonnell-maureen-mcdonnell-virginia-verdict.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0. vitamin supplements and a very expensive wedding that needed paying for. $300 golf rounds. couldn't he make do with a $100 round and a destination wedding? guess not. what would the neighbors think? a sad commentary on american politics... anyone disagree?

Yes of course we disagree He's a Republican.

Is that what you want to hear?

We should probably promote the prosecutor in that case to Holder's seat, so we could get an actual investigation and charges on Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the IRS, etc. You know, instead of having an Attorney General whose main focus appears to be looking under every rock and couch cushion trying to find racism where it isn't.

Nothing to see there, right partisan tard?

and for american politics. http://www.nytimes.c...d=fb-share&_r=0. vitamin supplements and a very expensive wedding that needed paying for. $300 golf rounds. couldn't he make do with a $100 round and a destination wedding? guess not. what would the neighbors think? a sad commentary on american politics... anyone disagree?

Four Americans are left for dead in Benghazi by the WH and State Department, the IRS uses its power to silence opposition, a military deserter is traded for five terrorists, two Americans are beheaded by terrorists, and only NOW you find disappointment?

Someone get gatorman in here to keep birddog from looking any more ridiculous.

so i'm guessing a dietary supplement shyster peddling useless garbage to the masses and paying a loser gov to help him is ok with y'all. that's what i thought. not to mention the throwing the wife under the bus and the sham marriage. just normal american life, huh? sorry. not my american life. yours? the most disturbing thing is that scumbags like this (from either party) seem to rise to the top so often almost a prerequisite for political success.

bah, humbug.

so i'm guessing a dietary supplement shyster peddling useless garbage to the masses and paying a loser gov to help him is ok with y'all. that's what i thought. not to mention the throwing the wife under the bus and the sham marriage. just normal american life, huh? sorry. not my american life. yours? the most disturbing thing is that scumbags like this (from either party) seem to rise to the top so often almost a prerequisite for political success.

bah, humbug.

It's not okay. And he's getting what's coming to him.

bah, humbug.

I can see how you'd get that from a bunch of posts that point out YOUR hypocrisy. You know, because you're a retard.

Put a check mark next to "Introspection" on the ever growing list of "Things Liberals !@#$ing Suck At".

bah, humbug.

Who are you talking to?

bah, humbug.

Scratch my previous request. Not even gatorman can save you now.

bah, humbug.

What did the shyster get from the governor exactly? The gov got a lot of stuff from him, but what did he get in return? Williams got total exemption from prosecution from the prosecutor - but what did the governor give the guy who gave him the cash, etc.?

It's not okay. And he's getting what's coming to him.

and then some.

This is a federal case - not one brought by Virginia. One can only wonder if other politicians who've done similar things will get a similar treatment.

What did the shyster get from the governor exactly? The gov got a lot of stuff from him, but what did he get in return? Williams got total exemption from prosecution from the prosecutor - but what did the governor give the guy who gave him the cash, etc.?

read here: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/08/11/trial-of-former-va-governor-wife-enters-3rd-week/. one of the companies flagship non fda approved products was also launched from the governer's mansion. the gov and his wife were officially or unofficially promoters of the drugs to groups and individuals. granted, in retrospect, mcdonnel was a bad bet for the shyster. he was largely ineffectual but not for lack of trying. but the shyster clearly anticipated financial gain from his "investment" in the gov.

it reads like an upper middle class morality play: the mcdonnell's buy overvalued beachfront property and lose their shirt. mrs mcdonnel is (per her husband) a grabby, greedy, insatiable shrew that pushes him into bad and unethical decisions. they compromise whatever virtue they ever had to try to claw out of their social climber hole. and then they get caught. and it's really not their fault. they didn't really do anything wrong.

perhaps more than a commentary on american politics, it's a commentary on what has become the american dream.

perhaps more than a commentary on american politics, it's a commentary on what has become the american dream.

Yes, maybe a modern day writer like F Scott Fitzgerald can write a book about them.

I find politics, which is on 24 hour news cycles, in a country where our politics are supposed to be small in scope and reach, disappointing.

read here: http://washington.cb...nters-3rd-week/. one of the companies flagship non fda approved products was also launched from the governer's mansion. the gov and his wife were officially or unofficially promoters of the drugs to groups and individuals. granted, in retrospect, mcdonnel was a bad bet for the shyster. he was largely ineffectual but not for lack of trying. but the shyster clearly anticipated financial gain from his "investment" in the gov.

it reads like an upper middle class morality play: the mcdonnell's buy overvalued beachfront property and lose their shirt. mrs mcdonnel is (per her husband) a grabby, greedy, insatiable shrew that pushes him into bad and unethical decisions. they compromise whatever virtue they ever had to try to claw out of their social climber hole. and then they get caught. and it's really not their fault. they didn't really do anything wrong.

From your link:

Sara Wilson, director of the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management, said that when a March 2012 meeting to discuss the state employee health plan was breaking up, McDonnell pulled a bottle of Anatabloc from his pocket and mentioned that it was helping him and his wife.

Kent also testified that Williams and his company received no state funds, board appointments or special legislation — a point that defense attorneys have emphasized in arguing that McDonnell extended routine political courtesies and nothing more.

That doesn't sound like Williams got much of anything - if at all.

Again, he took money etc., and that's wrong just on the face of it. But what politician can not help but think how the Federal Prosecutors might look upon their own interactions with lobbyists going forward.

I know you've got a hardon for vitamin and pill pushers, but what if the lobbyist were attached to some cause near and dear to your heart like Gay Rights, Free Birth Control, Abortion on Demand for Pubescent Teens, or Small Investors Demanding Higher Investment Returns Without any associated Risk?

It's a very curious outcome in my view. I shed no tears for the man and his wife, but if this is influence peddling then what lobbying activity couldn't be construed as such?

From your link:

Sara Wilson, director of the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management, said that when a March 2012 meeting to discuss the state employee health plan was breaking up, McDonnell pulled a bottle of Anatabloc from his pocket and mentioned that it was helping him and his wife.

Kent also testified that Williams and his company received no state funds, board appointments or special legislation — a point that defense attorneys have emphasized in arguing that McDonnell extended routine political courtesies and nothing more.

That doesn't sound like Williams got much of anything - if at all.

Again, he took money etc., and that's wrong just on the face of it. But what politician can not help but think how the Federal Prosecutors might look upon their own interactions with lobbyists going forward.

I know you've got a hardon for vitamin and pill pushers, but what if the lobbyist were attached to some cause near and dear to your heart like Gay Rights, Free Birth Control, Abortion on Demand for Pubescent Teens, or Small Investors Demanding Higher Investment Returns Without any associated Risk?

It's a very curious outcome in my view. I shed no tears for the man and his wife, but if this is influence peddling then what lobbying activity couldn't be construed as such?

i'm guessing you missed the part about advocating it be placed on the state workers formulary?

You Conservatives want to deflect attention from this by bringing up Benghazi? How pathetic! This guy was found guilty of a real crime. Obama was president while a crime was committed against one of our embassies and you pathetic losers--not just on this board but all the birthers, Benghazi, death panel losers in general--want to focus on an attack against us? **** eaters