Is John Murphy Delusional or What?

patfitz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Tiny Tot of the Kilowatt"? One of the pioneers of crappy sports talk.

I know who he is, I just happen to disagree. Listened to him for years, and while he might have been a little odd, never found him to be particularly bad.

edit: sp

Edited by yall

I have followed Bills football since their first season and listened to all the rhetoric, from Art Wander and teh Coach Chuck Dickerson to Shoop and teh Bulldog on WGR, but I have been astounded and disappointed by the over the patently biased, over the top views expressed by John Murphy on his radio show of late where callers cannot disagree with him about his "optimisitc" views on the Bills' chances, EJ's ability to succeed as QB, on Marrone and Whaley's tenure, etc. adn questioning why fans feel the way they do. Wake up and smell the coffee John, amaybe somebody spiked his with those Mollys! I know he is employed by the Bills and may be he feeling the heat if a new owner will pull the plug on his show, but for goodeness sake lighten up, callers can disagree and anyone who doesn't seem to agree with his rose colored glasses are ridiculed or discounted for their opinions. I used to think he was a level headed guy at least as a sportscaster but he seems very jaded of late. He also treis in ernest to be overly apologetic to his guests like the time when he tried to suggest that his "good buddy", guest Ron Jaws Jaworski back in early training camp, tried to sell us on Bon Jovi wanting was was "right for Buffalo" to keep the Bills in Buffalo, how dumb does he think the average fan is and why should we believe Jaws would tell us what Bon Jovi has in mind in the first place? Whenever a caller suggests that his opinion may be biased due to the fact he works for Bills' organization he profusely deneisthis, yet he and Chris Brown are in fact mouthpeices for the Bills whether or not they careto fess up.

Since the BILLS started in 61 that would make you about 70 years old. this ARTICLE in total BS!!!!! .NO 70 + man is going to listen to the fools mentioned ,i believe this is a sad attempt to get responses on TBD ...LACKING ANY MERIT!

Agist? You'd be surprised what 70 year olds can do..............One of the funniest guys who keeps showing in my facebook feed (an old girlfriend's father) is 87.

But, your math is off anyway. I started following the the Bills when I was 6 years old in '68. This guy could have done the same in '60. Which would make him 60.

My other team - the Bonnies. On their board, some of the most knowledgeable guys about today's players, recruits, etc. are in their 70s.

Mike Schopp is by far the most interesting guy on the air in Buffalo sports.

John Murphy? State-run radio.

I don't know if I agree with the Schopp bit, but I 100% agree with the Murphy comment.

In fact, as his show started today, he basically said "Everyone out there is going to want to talk about this Marrone controversy. We are not going to do that on this show." And he explained it away as "not his kind of show" and that he is trying to focus on football.

Yeah right. Someone got to him of course at OBD and told him he won't be going there tonight...

What a tool; he used to be some sort of "journalist". Not any more. And man, he speaks with such an even meter and monotone voice...it's like listening to a robot. He puts me to sleep. I find him totally unlistenable and very rarely do as a result.

I don't know if I agree with the Schopp bit, but I 100% agree with the Murphy comment.

In fact, as his show started today, he basically said "Everyone out there is going to want to talk about this Marrone controversy. We are not going to do that on this show." And he explained it away as "not his kind of show" and that he is trying to focus on football.

Yeah right. Someone got to him of course at OBD and told him he won't be going there tonight...

What a tool; he used to be some sort of "journalist". Not any more. And man, he speaks with such an even meter and monotone voice...it's like listening to a robot. He puts me to sleep. I find him totally unlistenable and very rarely do as a result.

John Murphy is basically a marketing guy for the bills disguised as a radio host.

The italics threw me a bit. But I had to stop reading when he mentioned some of the worst broadcasters in the history of sports: Art Wander, teh [sic] Coach, Shoop. teh [sic] Bulldog...

I had to think, didn't this guy every listen to anyone with half a brain?

I loved listening to teh Coach and Artie Baby Boo Boo! Having spell check ON would have helped

Actually, Murph probably sees more than anybody who reports on the Bills. He has a lot more "inside" knowledge than anyone and I'm drinking what Murph is drinking! Go Bills!!

Edited by the skycap

I loved listening to teh Coach and Artie Baby Boo Boo! Having spell check ON would have helped

Actually, Murph probably sees more than anybody who reports on the Bills. He has a lot more "inside" knowledge than anyone and I'm drinking what Murph is drinking! Go Bills!!

His "inside knowledge" is the propaganda the Bills organization feeds him. That's not really impressive.

yet he and Chris Brown are in fact mouthpeices for the Bills whether or not they careto fess up.

What? Brown and Murphy are paid by the Bills for all that stuff they do FOR THE BILLS OFFICIAL MEDIA?? :w00t: OMG, it's like they are Bills employees or something!!!

Thanks for letting me know!! :rolleyes:

Edited by BobChalmers

Murph is a good counter balance to the ultra negative voices on Wrg. Shoop, White and Joe B seem to have an agenda . Joe b is fully invested in E.j sucking andythig else and he looks foolish. Shoop and White are upset because the coach was mean to the reporters for a few days. They sound like two teenagers who didn;t get their way. less than 24 hours and we start to get answers

I've got a lot of time from Murph. The one time I emailed in to his show last year, which was to say thanks to Buddy Nix for his efforts and wish him a happy semi-retirement he emailed me back personally to say that he had forwarded the email on to Buddy and to tell me exactly what time he was gonna read it out on the show so that I would make sure I caught it. He didn't have to do that and I thought it was the sign of a classy guy tbh.

I've got a lot of time from Murph. The one time I emailed in to his show last year, which was to say thanks to Buddy Nix for his efforts and wish him a happy semi-retirement he emailed me back personally to say that he had forwarded the email on to Buddy and to tell me exactly what time he was gonna read it out on the show so that I would make sure I caught it. He didn't have to do that and I thought it was the sign of a classy guy tbh.

That is a nice story and no doubt, a classy move on his part.

Having said that, he is still a broadcasting mediocrity and unlistenable.

His play by play work is atrocious.

I'll be listening on Sunday at 1:00pm though, I assure you!

No TV coverage where I live an I don't have Direct TV.

I know who he is, I just happen to disagree. Listened to him for years, and while he might have been a little odd, never found him to be particularly bad.

edit: sp

Artie Baby Boo Boo was weird, but he also whined a lot during the Super Bowl years. If you can't be pleasant when your team is consistently good, then you won't be on my dial.