So much confusion regarding Bills offense

Niagara Bill

there are a few ambiguities that concern me about the O

1) we have tried to build a road grader O line, but our number 1 RB is not a straight head runner (line suits beast mode)

2) we have tried to build a road grader line and our QB has the ability to run

3) we have a QB that can run and we do not want I to use that ability

4) we have a road grader line that should be able to punish the D line and then run a hurry up offense to tire our huge players

5) we have a young QB who is struggling with reads and changing plays at the line but we want to run more plays, quicker than most teams

6) we want to run more plays but we have a young inexperienced O coordinator that does not know the pro game as well is the D coordinators on the other team

7) we have a very good D but we want to tire them out with quick 3 and outs by our Offense

how is it possible to succeed?????

1) we have tried to build a road grader O line, but our number 1 RB is not a straight head runner (line suits beast mode)

4) we have a road grader line that should be able to punish the D line and then run a hurry up offense to tire our huge players

5) we have a young QB who is struggling with reads and changing plays at the line but we want to run more plays, quicker than most teams

6) we want to run more plays but we have a young inexperienced O coordinator that does not know the pro game as well is the D coordinators on the other team

7) we have a very good D but we want to tire them out with quick 3 and outs by our Offense

Replace the OC with someone that knows how to shave?

I have a feeling that this Bills offense will run through Sammy Watkins. In the way that the main focus on offense is for Green/Bengals and Megatron/Lions. The Bills gave up next year's first round pick for Watkins, so that makes things crystal clear to me. I know there are many here that want a run first grind it out offense, but that really flies in the face of what they did in the draft. IMO, the RBs will be used in a supportive role to Watkins' leading man role.

I'm very excited for this game against the Bears because I'm hoping that Watkins makes a huge and immediate impact. Though I guess how much he's used in the Bears game depends on his rib injury.

Edited by 1billsfan

Well, by Halloween we'll know whether it is possible .............

Why haven't this "road grader" line opened any holes for the backs this pre-season? That type of line would be perfect for Spiller because he could use his speed to hit a hole and break off long runs. I think the interior of the line is weak! Let's not forget 4 tries from the 1 in pre-season!

He might be listed as the #1, but he won't (shouldn't) be used as a "between the tackles" runner due to the other 3 RBs who can do that on the roster

He isn't a running QB. He is a pocket passer with some mobility.

See above

They condition all through TC to run this offense. They should not be tired in the games.

Running more plays more quickly is done with young QBs because it puts the D at a disadvantage. It shouldn't make it harder for him to read the D, he can either read it or he can't.

There are other relatively inexperienced OCs and DCs in the league as well and there are also old, experienced OCs and DCs in the league who suck and get fired every year. Age and experience don't equal wins. Competence does. And the HC is an offensive HC, plus Jim Hostler was added who was close to being the OC in Baltimore. They also hired a QB coach. It isn't all o Hackett anymore - Hostler is doing the whole opponent research for game plan, reportedly.

This is an issue. It isn't about the fast pace. It is about the 3 and outs.