The offense is bad. Not Ej.

Why doesn't that make sense? In no way shape or form is EJ the be all end all QB for this team. Mallett was considered a top QB in the 2011 draft, and just because he didn't unseat Tom freaking Brady he is considered a lesser QB talent than EJ Manuel, ok whatever. If you think the Bills brass was only interested in trading for Mallett to only be a backup, I have some more waterfront land for sale in Florida, you also interested?

Well considering you cherry picked my full question I'll put it this way. Which is more likely to compete for a starting QB job. A qb with almost no NFL playing experience even though he has been in the league for 3 years or a proven NFL QB?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a general rule I find it best not to subtly call the person I am talking to stupid.....particularly if I am voicing an opinion that is generally considered to be that of a minority opinion.....but maybe that's just me.

Whatever Dibs, and by you commenting on me makes you no better than I, oh well, ignorance is bliss, might want to ask for your $.02 back.

Whatever Dibs, and by you commenting on me makes you no better than I, oh well, ignorance is bliss, might want to ask for your $.02 back.

There is a big difference between implying that somebody is rude(what I did) and implying the somebody is stupid(what you did). Of course, me having to spell that out implies something about stupidity.....but whatever.

Heres a great stat for ya:

Of the teams that don't rotate captains weekly, the following teams don't have a QB as a captain: Buffalo, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Oakland, and Tampa Bay..

They have in common bad qbs and/or fluctuation at the QB position.

and if you think Mallett was going to be brought in to be the backup, I have some waterfront property in Florida for sale, you interested?

Something here just doesn't seem right... I haven't been to FL or listened to George Strait in a while though.

Boy, you sure do know your NFL rosters! What an informed statement you made. Here. I did some quick research of the league's "final" rosters as of 8 AM today and lookie what I found! Hardly ANY teams have a FB on their roster. Well, I did find a few, and here they are with with team site links to their profiles in case you think I'm being untruthful and simply spreading misconceptions and biased innuendoes.

Jets: Tommy Bohanon

Miami: none

Pats*: no "FB" but this is one of their RBs James Develin - 6'3" 255#

Ravens:

Bungles: no "FB" but like the Cheatriots above this guy's a "RB" Ryan Hewitt - 6'4" 254#

Brownies: Ray Agnew

Stealers: Will Johnson

Texans: Jay Prosch AND Toben Opurum

Colts: Mario Harvey

Jags: Will Ta'ufo'ou AND Eric Kettani

Thumbtacks: Jackie Battle

Broncos: none

KC Chefs: Anthony Sherman

Rayders: Marcel Reece AND Jamize Olawale AND Karl Williams

Bolts: none

Dullass: none

Jints: Henry Hynoski

Philly: none

Washing: none

Bears: Tony Fiammetta

Lions: Jed Collins AND Montell Owens

Pack: John Kuhn

Vikes: Jerome Felton AND Zach Line

Saints: Erik Lorig AND Austin Johnson

Falcons: Patrick DiMarco

Panthers: Mike Tolbert

Bucs: Jorvorskie Lane

Cards: none

Sams: Kadeem Jones

Niners: Bruce Miller

C-Hawks: Derrick Coleman

Point Nanker. I hope that was time well spent for you. There are more than a few H-backs you listed but we'll let that slide. The point I unsuccessfully was trying to make is that the offense, featuring a speed back who works well in space lines up in a lot more power formations than what the current trend is. I would bet that Frank Summers will get a larger number of offensive snaps than most of the special teamers you listed. If you feel like wasting your Monday evening pulling up snap counts from last year to prove me wrong, then I welcome the data. The fervor with which you engaged my post shows that you either A) like to perform internet reserach or B) are looking to defend the way the current Bills offense is constructed. I hope it is A.

If EJ could play QB, teams wouldn't commit to the run so hard. Let's be honest, until we have a guy that that defenders can't squat on, the run isn't going to be easy.

Until EJ looks like anything other than post Adrian Wilson Trent Edwards, were not going anywhere.

Point Nanker. I hope that was time well spent for you. There are more than a few H-backs you listed but we'll let that slide. The point I unsuccessfully was trying to make is that the offense, featuring a speed back who works well in space lines up in a lot more power formations than what the current trend is. I would bet that Frank Summers will get a larger number of offensive snaps than most of the special teamers you listed. If you feel like wasting your Monday evening pulling up snap counts from last year to prove me wrong, then I welcome the data. The fervor with which you engaged my post shows that you either A) like to perform internet reserach or B) are looking to defend the way the current Bills offense is constructed. I hope it is A.

maybe it's a case of how the position changed, not went away. It's not like they let Jimmy Graham say he was a WR. Most teams need guys who can do multiple things. If Summers wasn't a core special teams guy, I'm not sure he makes the team.

Some fans have lowered their expectation for EJ so much that if he threw the ball near a receiver, then it was a good enough play. EJ constantly missed opened receivers. His throws were inaccurate. But the problem is more than his arm. One killer problem is his inability to see the field. The balls often went to the wrong receivers. If you can, go back to watch all the red zone series in the preseason, then you will know that if he threw the ball to the right guys, they would score many TD. Because of that, I don't see how EJ can ever be a good QB.

Edited by Big Hurt

Heres a great stat for ya:

Of the teams that don't rotate captains weekly, the following teams don't have a QB as a captain: Buffalo, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Oakland, and Tampa Bay..

They have in common bad qbs and/or fluctuation at the QB position.

It should be pointed out that Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Buffalo and Jacksonville have been the epitome of "patience" with Ponder, Freemen, Fitzgerald and Gabbert. And as we all know patience is the most important thing in developing a QB.

Tampa Bay broke the cycle this year with the switch to McCown after only one year of Glennon (a guy most think played a tiny bit better than Manuel during the 2013 season). It will be interesting to see the price Tampa Bay pays for their impatience.

Some fans have lowered their expectation for EJ so much that if he threw the ball near a receiver, then it was a good enough play. EJ constantly missed opened receivers. His throws were inaccurate. But the problem is more than his arm. One killer problem is his inability to see the field. The balls often went to the wrong receivers. If you can, go back to watch all the red zone series in the preseason, then you will know that if he threw the ball to the right guys, they would score many TD. Because of that, I don't see how EJ can ever be a good QB.

Some fans have had their expectations so high that if he threw and incompletion he's a bust.

There are a few here.

There is a big difference between implying that somebody is rude(what I did) and implying the somebody is stupid(what you did). Of course, me having to spell that out implies something about stupidity.....but whatever.

Yay, you win I guess, congratulations!

EJ may not be the best or the brightest, but I STILL say his worst enemy is that miserable playbook.

It's like Hackett and Marrrone haven't figured out what he's good at yet.

Took 'em forever to figure out that T.J. wasn't the type of receiver EJ needed. -Mostly because T.J. sucked, but also because he's just too small ... It'll be another miserable season before they realize Chris Hogan is barely a pro. Why does it always have to be this hard?

Please remember this guy has played about 8-9 full NFL games. All of which were with a subpar team and coaching staff. The guy is probably doomed to fail in Buffalo, but let's at least give him the real chance to do it. The first problem was the low budget hiring of Marrone/Hackett here in Buffalo. Watch how quick Lovie turns the Bucs around. Watch how quick Jay Gruden or Jim Caldwell has their teams in playoff contention. You can't teach winning football until you bring people in that know how to do this on some level. EVEN COLLEGE FOR GOD SAKE! I'll even take a winning college coach!!! Please stop bringing in the low budget 8-8 coaches to try leading an NFL franchise. It doesn't work!! This team will not be successful until they have a true established head coach leading the charge. I love a Coach Marrone as a person, but he doesn't have the credentials for this job and never has.