EJ is the guy, but....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

starting EJ early didn't hurt his development. it was having no real QB coach and no Vet QB to lean on in his first season that killed him. Not sure if he is the guy, but he needs lots of playing time to get better.

I don't think he is the type that playing bad hurts his development. I think other things are the problem. kid needs to play

Signing orton also somewhat tempers the despair from seemingly everywhere that we have no 1st rounder next year if EJ doesn't show he should continue to be the QB. It is a way for Whaley to have an answer, even if temporary, at QB and maybe pick one in the 2nd rd if needed to develop, again, if EJ does a nosedive. Or as I expect he will get another year before the Bills bail on him, but Orton gives then another option in the meantime if he needs to spend some time on the bench.

I think the watkins trade looms over this team right now, and having orton as a horse in the barn takes a little pressure off of them.

starting EJ early didn't hurt his development. it was having no real QB coach and no Vet QB to lean on in his first season that killed him. Not sure if he is the guy, but he needs lots of playing time to get better.

I don't think he is the type that playing bad hurts his development. I think other things are the problem. kid needs to play

If only we had a solid Offensive line to protect him. A VERY big part of the problem lies with them.

Boy talk about lynch mobs.

Did you guys watch EJ play last year? He wasn't bad. He had some very good games, had some very nice throws. He'll Jim Kelly had some bad preseasons where he did not look good. How many did he go 0-4, plenty

EJ will have some good games and probably some duds. With any luck the running game and/or defense will bail him out of these. I didn't like that he started slow, hopefully that improves.

When did Orton become the second coming? Sorry to burst people's bubble but he is no better than EJ. Does anyone truly believe this team goes to the Super Bowl with Orton? NO Freakin way.

You guys need to relax, EJ may or may not become the franchise quarterback you want. But Kyle Orton will NEVER become that. So wanting him to start over EJ makes no sense whatsoever. He is not the present or the future.

Give the ball to EJ and let him play. He will do better than most of you think because he is simply not as bad as he is being made out to be in these posts. Again he had some good games last year, he looked the part against Carolina, was playing well against the Jets.

That was on a team with banged up running backs and wide receivers. EVERYONE was disappointed when he got hurt in the Jets game. Reading this thread, not only contradicts that, apparently you all wish it was career ending. But no one felt that way at the time.

Preseason is over and it meant nothing, absolutely nothing.

Andrew Luck didn't have the season you are demanding from EJ in his second year. But hey Kyle Orton can do it, he is the answer to our quarterback problem. jeez.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

EJ needs to play to gain experience, to gain confidence, to learn how to read defenses, to learn from his mistakes.

Will he have growing pains, heck yeah. But he needs to be out there!

Ortin is there only as an emergency to save the season should EJ suffer a serious injury. Otherwise if this FO wasn't worried about wins they would still have Lewis, Tuel as backups.

PS from what we have seen from this year preseason I only hope this new QB coach isn't screwing him up like with what happened to Fitz. Who regressed once Gailey brought in a supposed top QB coach.

It was also having no vet WR who he could rely on. He had Stevie who wasn't exactly Mr. Reliable in terms of being where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be. EJ's most reliable targets were another rookie and Chandler.