Something New and Strange I Noticed At The Game Tonight

PolishDave

I am not sure if the Bills have done this before or not, but if they have I just noticed it.

Near the end of the first half when the teams were going to be heading into the tunnel, there was a large security presence in the stands near the tunnel. Fans were booing of course as they are a miserable lot when the game is that miserable. It struck me that the increased yellow jackets standing there in the stands near the tunnel were there to stop fans from throwing crap at the players or maybe to deter fans from yelling obscenities at the players.

I don't recall seeing that heavy security presence in the stands next to the tunnel before. I have been a season ticket holder for a very long time. Maybe I just never noticed it before. Or maybe the Bills are really taking note of how much anger/disappointment (yay even rage) is building up against this team.

Funny and sad at the same time.

I am not sure if the Bills have done this before or not, but if they have I just noticed it.

Near the end of the first half when the teams were going to be heading into the tunnel, there was a large security presence in the stands near the tunnel. Fans were booing of course as they are a miserable lot when the game is that miserable. It struck me that the increased yellow jackets standing there in the stands near the tunnel were there to stop fans from throwing crap at the players or maybe to deter fans from yelling obscenities at the players.

I don't recall seeing that heavy security presence in the stands next to the tunnel before. I have been a season ticket holder for a very long time. Maybe I just never noticed it before. Or maybe the Bills are really taking note of how much anger/disappointment (yay even rage) is building up against this team.

Funny and sad at the same time.

just conditioning us for martial law.

Last week in Africa somewhere, soccer fans threw rocks after a match, while the team was leaving the field and one player was killed. Have to try to do something to keep it from getting ugly like that, would be my impression (although I doubt Bills fans are quite that bad). In the rockpile fans did used to throw everything though, including beer bottles.

Edited by bowery4

Keeping fans from yelling things? !@#$ them. Fans have been here before Brandon, Whaley etal and will be here long after. Fans have EARNED the right to boo and complain and NOT show up. New ownership should take notice and step to in fixing the issue.

And if they think moving the team will fix things? NO City other than Buffalo would have put up with this **** 1/10th the time they have. LA? **** they can't sell out when the raiders were there. Toronto? They don't want the NFL period.

Keeping fans from yelling things? !@#$ them. Fans have been here before Brandon, Whaley etal and will be here long after. Fans have EARNED the right to boo and complain and NOT show up. New ownership should take notice and step to in fixing the issue.

And if they think moving the team will fix things? NO City other than Buffalo would have put up with this **** 1/10th the time they have. LA? **** they can't sell out when the raiders were there. Toronto? They don't want the NFL period.

Like when Donahoe had signs taken down? It's for player safety only Relax...there are enough things to complain about than this.

Edited by nucci

Last week in Africa somewhere, soccer fans threw rocks after a match, while the team was leaving the field and one player was killed. Have to try to do something to keep it from getting ugly like that, would be my impression (although I doubt Bills fans are quite that bad). In the rockpile fans did used to throw everything though, including beer bottles.

They call me Toby & it's Tuel's time.......

J/K. If this type of play keeps up, they can't call the national guard to protect them because they'll already be drunk in the stands. Also, most Buffalo wives dread another bad Bills year.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

Nothing like a goose egg on the scoreboard to stir the fans emotions(after all, they did pay their hard earned money to see some kind of genuine effort out there). The Bills are very fortunate the likes of Vince Lombardi aren't coaching them(he certainly wouldn't be putting up with a losing season, let alone 14 consecutive ones).