Goodwin's tweet about fans booing

Kevin

Going back to the 1970s, Texas players have had a reputation of being coddled by practically everyone in Austin. The view expressed by many over the years is that UT players struggle in the dog-eat-dog world of the NFL as a consequence. Obviously, there are exceptions, but there is a lot of evidence to back this up (going back to #1 overall pick Kenneth Sims).

Goodwin went to UT.

That's a good point. A huge portion of Texas players struggle with the NFL. Usually I'm against sweeping generalizations like that, and surely there are exceptions, but that is a fact a lot of people bring up and a lot of examples.

I'm very glad Goodwin is on this team though. Unless he cannot stay healthy, which is possible.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point. A huge portion of Texas players struggle with the NFL. Usually I'm against sweeping generalizations like that, and surely there are exceptions, but that is a fact a lot of people bring up and a lot of examples.

I'm very glad Goodwin is on this team though. Unless he cannot stay healthy, which is possible.

Don't get me wrong; I like Goodwin.

as of late, im not sure how that stadium would be on gameday --- given the lackluster records by their standards. id be curious if anyone with more firsthand knowledge chimed in. i know i saw one of there qbs transferred with the booing being a reason that was mentioned (this offseason i think?)

but yea, texas is notorious for coddling their athletes, and while the effects might not hit EVERY player the same, coming from that culture surely effects their transition somehow.

that you are allowed to (obviously within reason) do whatever you want to him, and him having a pretty harmless reply is WAY OUT OF LINE can certainly have those underlying issues. we see it often around here. people think the ticket they bought, or the t-shirt, or simply tuning in on sunday gives them a right to say what they want, that the team owes them explanations of any decisions - heck, read the cordy glenn threads and tell me that some people dont have weird issues with feeling they own the players.

i wasnt saying everyone that was displeased with the entertainment value of the game is in that boat. theres certainly a segment of the fan base that is though, and id bet they were exceptionally loud in their opinions on saturday as far as subsets of the fan base go. as ive said several times, it was a dumb tweet on his part, but theres a lot of "omg how dare he say anything - go back to texas" which seems over the top. someone earlier compared the booing to a shove, and his reaction to shooting people in the face - for instance.

1-504-252-0026. That's the number for Podesta Psychiatry on Canal Street in New Orleans, LA. Please call cuz you need help.

You wanna talk about over the top. YOU'RE over the top. You're a very "literal" person aren't you? I guess when someone tells you, hey you're breaking my heart, you must tell them, that's impossible, I didn't cut you open, take your heart out and break your heart, are you crazy?

So I guess examples being given for equal retaliation, where a shove deserves a shove back and not for the person who was shoved to retaliate with shooting, to you that must mean, Goodwin is a murderer. Smh. It talks about how out of line he was dude. Can you wake up already?

Is this the 1st time he's heard boo's from a home crowd? If personally it's his 1st experience, it's still a common thing for the home crowd to boo their own team if the team is not performing good.

It boils down to this dude. The crowd was upset, they boo'ed (normal fan reaction). Goodwin was upset, questioned thousands of fan's loyalty (over the top). The issue with YOU is you don't think what he did was over the top and that's fine. You're entitled to your own opinion. But don't sit there and say someone else's opinion is extreme cuz I can easily look at you and Kelly the Dog and say, how can you NOT boo that offense you guys are nuts.

It boils down to this dude. The crowd was upset, they boo'ed (normal fan reaction). Goodwin was upset, questioned thousands of fan's loyalty (over the top). The issue with YOU is you don't think what he did was over the top and that's fine. You're entitled to your own opinion. But don't sit there and say someone else's opinion is extreme cuz I can easily look at you and Kelly the Dog and say, how can you NOT boo that offense you guys are nuts.

I repeatedly said fans have every right to boo. I just personally wouldn't do it at a preseason game but that's just me.

I also said that Goodwin has every right to voice his displeasure at it, the way the fans are voicing their displeasure.

I repeatedly said fans have every right to boo. I just personally wouldn't do it at a preseason game but that's just me.

I also said that Goodwin has every right to voice his displeasure at it, the way the fans are voicing their displeasure.

And we have the right to voice our displeasure about him voicing his displeasure about us voicing our displeasure.

Right?

1-504-252-0026. That's the number for Podesta Psychiatry on Canal Street in New Orleans, LA. Please call cuz you need help.

You wanna talk about over the top. YOU'RE over the top. You're a very "literal" person aren't you? I guess when someone tells you, hey you're breaking my heart, you must tell them, that's impossible, I didn't cut you open, take your heart out and break your heart, are you crazy?

You could have debated with him or disagreed with his points without stooping to this level. Especially with someone as respected as NoSaint.

You could have debated with him or disagreed with his points without stooping to this level. Especially with someone as respected as NoSaint.

Oh please. Respect gets respect back. His previous posts have no significance when it comes to me and his conversation. But if you think I'm worried to take shots at a "well respected" poster when he takes shots at me, you're mistaken my friend.

TBD isn't my life. I'm not and actually CAN'T be on here posting all day like some of the posters. But when someone calls me out, I call them out. Respected or not. 10,000 plus posts from one person means nothing to me.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

you win some, you lose some. clearly he has proven that i am the extremist in the discussion. i stand no chance clearing my name now.

on a serious note, whether agreed with or not, i think that most get my point, even if ive meandered a bit wondering about some of the side issues associated like whether it was STH, or whether some fans get too invested in their own role in controlling the product and players.

they booed (i get why theyd be frustrated.... not what i would do there, but whatever, i get it) - he responded (i get why hed be annoyed.... not what id consider productive, but whatever, i get it)..... and a handful of people freaked out about it for some reason. that last segment is mostly where my curiosity goes, because im not sure i get it.

Oh please. Respect gets respect back. His previous posts have no significance when it comes to me and his conversation. But if you think I'm worried to take shots at a "well respected" poster when he takes shots at me, you're mistaken my friend.

TBD isn't my life. I'm not and actually CAN'T be on here posting all day like some of the posters. But when someone calls me out, I call them out. Respected or not. 10,000 plus posts from one person means nothing to me.

I don't see how he was disrespectful and stated his point of view. I don't see where he made any personal attacks so still do not see why you think it was justified for you to do it.

What you do with your life and your time is of little concern to me. I do value decorum on this board and am attempting to tell you where you erred. I refuse to get down to the belligerent tone you are striking.

I am sure NoSaint is perfectly capable of defending himself, but am stepping in to support him as I would a few others around here.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

if you think im coming at you on a personal level, my apologies.... i didnt think you meant him a literal murderer, but that you think its a HUGE escalation on goodwins part simply doesnt make sense to me. you said that he insulted millions of people personally, and then when i said i didnt get you taking it personal you went off on me about how you dont care because of all kinds of stuff in your life. when i asked if sammy wouldve played, if our playcalling wouldve been like that, or if that was even our actual starting o line, and you called me a know it all... ill leave it be, as i dont like getting personal with people. if i offended, sorry.

its a preseason game. its a glorified practice session. when it comes down to it, they are booing an undefeated team that may or may not play like we saw saturday. goodwin was frustrated that it looks like they will have to win over the crowd instead of having to lose them. i kind of agree with that sentiment. its a 2nd year coach, a second year qb, a second year gm, a second year CEO, and we dont have any owner.... so the guys getting booed generally havent had much time to lose the benefit of the doubt of atleast getting to the regular season before the crowds outright turn hostile over a bad practice game. on the field saturday there were very few that have long term responsibility over the 14 years.

Edited by NoSaint

you win some, you lose some. clearly he has proven that i am the extremist in the discussion. i stand no chance clearing my name now.

on a serious note, whether agreed with or not, i think that most get my point, even if ive meandered a bit wondering about some of the side issues associated like whether it was STH, or whether some fans get too invested in their own role in controlling the product and players.

I haven't seen you make personal attacks. I don't see why anyone else should resort to those means, especially when it is unprovoked.

I haven't seen you make personal attacks. I don't see why anyone else should resort to those means, especially when it is unprovoked.

yea, im going to simply let it go. i appreciate the efforts to chill out the hostility some though, and will do my part to support that sentiment by letting the conversation go. cheers, fan in chicago.

Edited by NoSaint

Can someone summarize what the tweet said?

CBF

MARQUISE GOODWIN @flashgoodwin · Aug 23

Looks like we will have to play against our own "fans" this year. Same ones booing prolly the first in line for autographs. Smh #FEWDM

after getting lit up and retweeting some of the good/bad he put up:

MARQUISE GOODWIN @flashgoodwin · Aug 23

I appreciate the real fans out there! #BillsMafia

i will say, i thought there was one other alluding to some of those booing now being bandwagon fans later but that one seems to be gone.

Edited by NoSaint