If we could go back to the draft

jletha

The Bills got extremely lucky with #2 pick Cordy Glenn, and by the same token not so lucky with #2 pick Cujo. Glenn is an above average player at LT, a rare find indeed. Woods is an above average player at center. Henderson looks to be the steal of the draft for a starting tackle taken in the 7th round.

Lets face facts here, the Bills have a slew of below average OG's, and nothing they can do until they find better players at OG will result in a top, coherent, cohesive O line. I get that they didn't want to pay Levitre because he wasn't that great at run blocking, and graded as the teams best pass blocker. Its been two years and they still haven't adequately replaced him.

YoloinOhio keeps bringing up 49ers 27 year old OG Alex Boone who is currently holding out. He has played in all 16 games the last two years, and although he graded at (-1.9) at the end of last year. It IS better then the (-21.8) Chis Williams got with the rams. Williams is the current starter at LG :sick:

Then there is another alternative, and i really question myself for bringing it up at all. Here goes... OG Ritchie Incognito is still looking for a team. He has a grade of being a top ten OG in around the same grade as Levitre with a pass block efficiency of 97.51.. If the Bills want to win games this year, then they had better sign him asap. Just give him a muzzle clause, no twitter, no talk, and one chance.

Edited by FeartheLosing

I would go back and draft WR Cordarrelle Patterson and trade up for Bortles

I would do whatever the opposite of this is.

If Buffalo traded up to #3 for Blake Bortles, Bills fans would have stormed RW stadium and burnt it to the ground.

Just sayin...

And rightly so.

re-doing this past draft only I would stay with all trades made and Watkins in the 1st...Id change pick #2 from Kouandjio to OG Gabe Jackson....rest of draft was fine...OL would be Glenn-Jackson-Wood-Richardson-Henderson...yea 3 rookies but it would be a strong line by game 5 or 6...I'll have to wait till end of season to determine any feelings about LB P. Brown...although I might have looked and tried to pick up a better TE in the off-season...maybe next year they go for TE in rd 2 - 4

Edited by Tsaikotic

We have ej now is the point, if we never had him and still had fitz.

no you wouldn't, Patterson is a game breaker and Bortles is the real deal just like I said.

Watkins > Patterson

Bortles is still an unknown quantity and we'll see what happens when the real bullets are flying.

I am happy with where we are, but I am not surprised that a guy who thought the Bills should trade a HOF-caliber player for John fricking Skelton disagrees. Still on the Landry Jones train, btw?

Trade same Watkins deal to Rams and take Blake Bortles.

Bortles has been shredding backups in preseason and has already been anointed the next future superstar QB.

EJ Manuel has played like 9 1/2 NFL games and absolutely tore apart the Bucs backups last week - 10 for 10, 131 yards. But he is already a bust and the Bills are doomed for continued failure.

Bortles has been shredding backups in preseason and has already been anointed the next future superstar QB.

EJ Manuel has played like 9 1/2 NFL games and absolutely tore apart the Bucs backups last week - 10 for 10, 131 yards. But he is already a bust and the Bills are doomed for continued failure.

But you know DURR DURR Bortles girlfriend I wouldn't kick her out of bed know what I mean (HT to Deadspin).

A darn shame we can't go back and hire different HC'es, scouting staffs, drafts. We are stuck with what happened over the last 14 years.

Lets hope new ownership brings a new era to the Buffalo Bills :thumbsup:

Yes, this staff deserves all the blame for what happened under Donahoe, Greggo, Levy, Mularkey, Jauron, etc. Change for change's sake never fails.

If we're going back to the draft, how about they take somebody else besides Kouandjio with the #2. Or better yet, trade the #2 to Cleveland instead of next year's #1.

Very good point. I'd much rather the Bills had traded away the 2nd round pick from 2014 than the first round pick from 2015. As for Kouandijio, Bill from NYC was underwhelmed with the pick as soon as it was made. He's a big Crimson Tide fan, and pays close attention to their OL play. Based on that, he didn't think Kouandijio was worthy of a second round pick.

There is also the question of quarterback. In a best-case scenario, I'll be proven wrong about EJ; and he'll go down as the second franchise quarterback in team history. (With Jim Kelly having been the first.) But Whaley has to carefully consider what happens if this best-case scenario doesn't pan out. Having traded away his first round pick in next year's draft, he hasn't left himself with a lot of good options if EJ fails.

On the other hand, there are times when you're better off with one elite player than with two good players. Watkins could be that one elite player for the Bills. The Watkins trade is good in isolation. But if you look at the big picture, you have to ask yourself whether the trade cost the Bills a chance to take a franchise quarterback.