EJ, WRS, etc., and a suggestion or 2.....

This is exactly why they need to go. They have spent 3 consecutive first round picks on the passing game (including next year's #1 here) and yet are left hoping that playing an antiquated run first offense and literally running out the clock from the first snap will allow them to be competitive. Seeing Manuel for over a year and not bringing in a credible qb with the talent on the rest of the roster is criminally negligent. He has not made a single "wow" throw in more than a year of competitive play. We hope to "survive" the horrible play of the "franchise" qb. It's a joke.

Criminally negligent?? Get a grip brother. I've seen EJ make several wow throws last year. Geez, this is getting tiresome.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly why they need to go. They have spent 3 consecutive first round picks on the passing game (including next year's #1 here) and yet are left hoping that playing an antiquated run first offense and literally running out the clock from the first snap will allow them to be competitive. Seeing Manuel for over a year and not bringing in a credible qb with the talent on the rest of the roster is criminally negligent. He has not made a single "wow" throw in more than a year of competitive play. We hope to "survive" the horrible play of the "franchise" qb. It's a joke.

This the worst kind of over the top Bills' fan hyperbole. Sheesh!

That's not germane to the discussion of NFL quarterbacking. All too often EJ is criticized for making the very check down throw he didn't make in that particular instance. He tried to make something else happen and it ended up very badly.

Soooo, you are never wrong. OK

Criminally negligent?? Get a grip brother. I've seen EJ make several wow throws last year. Geez, this is getting tiresome.

No the ridiculous homerism is what's tiresome. Name a memorable throw that shows that the guy has a first round arm, that shows he can go out and win a team a game. That's a ridiculously low bar for a first rounder with ten starts.

Pro-tip: You can't.

This the worst kind of over the top Bills' fan hyperbole. Sheesh!

Yea, ,the idea that the team needs to survive the play of a qb they've invested three consecutive first round picks on is really hyperbolic. Really? That's the best case scenario for guys defending this brain trust and ridiculous qb.

It's not about me.

What is that all about. My point is I cant say for sure he saw Jackson on the play you are talking about. But your mind is so much on Im right that you insist you are right and EJ saw Jackson. As a fan I would hope he would have saw him but I don't know that. If you are sure he saw that put the play up through Youtube for all to see please. If you cant prove it than stop. If you can prove he saw Fred and decided to make something else happen like you say than I digress and admit you are right.

Yea, ,the idea that the team needs to survive the play of a qb they've invested three consecutive first round picks on is really hyperbolic. Really? That's the best case scenario for guys defending this brain trust and ridiculous qb.

The part that I bolded from his post is hyperbole. criminally negligent. He has not made a single "wow" throw in more than a year of competitive play. That belongs in the hyperbole Hall of Fame. :lol:

What is that all about. My point is I cant say for sure he saw Jackson on the play you are talking about. But your mind is so much on Im right that you insist you are right and EJ saw Jackson. As a fan I would hope he would have saw him but I don't know that. If you are sure he saw that put the play up through Youtube for all to see please. If you cant prove it than stop. If you can prove he saw Fred and decided to make something else happen like you say than I digress and admit you are right.

I've watched the game twice since it was 1st played and IMO he saw the swing pass to Fred and chose not to throw it. It's not about me being right, it's about what I watched. You either disagree or not. Either way, no big deal here.

EJ's inaccuracy throwing every kind of throw, even swing passes, is really troubling. If they have whiffed with EJ, then Whaley will not deserve another year because so many decisions made (such as drafting Watkins) were predicated on EJ having success. Marrone and Hackett are a different issue. So far, I am really unimpressed with both.

The part that I bolded from his post is hyperbole. criminally negligent. He has not made a single "wow" throw in more than a year of competitive play. That belongs in the hyperbole Hall of Fame. :lol:

I've watched the game twice since it was 1st played and IMO he saw the swing pass to Fred and chose not to throw it. It's not about me being right, it's about what I watched. You either disagree or not. Either way, no big deal here.

Never mind, Just found the video myself. You are talking about him looking up at Fred at .04 seconds in the video to the D being on his shoulders at .05 seconds in the video. That one second when if he tried to throw it he would have been drilled in the windup and fumbled. Great idea. Here is the link. Watch it one more time. http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/McDonald-Returns-Fumble-for-TD/1eb45707-61eb-4351-b9ff-4df7bb152e77

Never mind, Just found the video myself. You are talking about him looking up at Fred at .04 seconds in the video to the D being on his shoulders at .05 seconds in the video. That one second when if he tried to throw it he would have been drilled in the windup and fumbled. Great idea. Here is the link. Watch it one more time. http://www.buccaneer...ff-4df7bb152e77

EJ looks at Fred, shuffles his feet, and then ducks down to avoid the rush befores he's hit. He has plenty of time to get that ball out to Fred. You're the one who's just trying to be right so you have now changed your argument. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

EJ looks at Fred, shuffles his feet, and then ducks down to avoid the rush befores he's hit. He has plenty of time to get that ball out to Fred. You're the one who's just trying to be right so you have now changed your argument. :lol:

You are in denial

You are in denial

Your first argument was he didn't see Fred. Now you acknowledge he saw Fred, but didn't throw it because the pressure was right on him, he would have been hit and fumbled while trying to throw? So instead he holds the ball, gets hit and fumbles anyway. Okay, you win. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Sent you a PM. This will be a blast!

Your first argument was he didn't see Fred. Now you acknowledge he saw Fred, but didn't throw it because the pressure was right on him, he would have been hit and fumbled while trying to throw? So instead he holds the ball, gets hit and fumbles anyway. Okay, you win. :lol:

I will give you this. He did see Fred. Didn't say he didn't see him just questioned weather or not he did. I only listened to the game so looked to the video that you wouldn't look for and that you were right. He saw him. you are wrong, he couldn't get it off. We, my friends are both wrong and right.

It occurred to me that if Watkins even ALMOST lives up to his hype, EJ will have no less than 3 wideouts who are clearly superior to Stevie Johnson. This of course is only my opinion, but a strong one.

Woods looks very good, and forgive me because I did not know just how good Mike Williams is. Not only that, Chandler is still there and the young TEs really don't look so bad.

The defensive front is so strong and deep that a player like Searcy can deliver big plays. Spikes is one true football player and Bradham looks like a different person out there imo. I consider the secondary to be at least average.

Sounds good, right? It's not. EJ was flat out terrible last night and if it continues, there needs to be 100% accountability. Not from EJ mind you. Not many people on this planet can be good NFL QBs.

As far as I'm concerned if he doesn't improve, Marrone and Hackett should not last the season. Whaley and Brandon (who I think hired Marrone)should also be shown the door. These men staked their careers on EJ, to include trading away a first round draft pick. They didn't draft a qb in later rounds when there were many out there.

In some way, this mess must be cleaned up. When EJ rolled out early in the game, he hit Williams with a nice pass. In the pocket he was awful and has a lot to learn.

The good news is that this team can win if EJ isn't horrible. Sadly, the latter is far from a foregone conclusion.

I didn't see much from the front 7 yesterday. Marios was neutralized one on one. Spikes was a one man show yesterday. But I agree, Bradham looked good. Robey, again, is the best DB on the team...

Yea, ,the idea that the team needs to survive the play of a qb they've invested three consecutive first round picks on is really hyperbolic.

You will have to explain this one to me. Seems to me they have EJ,Kiko, and Sammy from the first round last year , this year , and next year.

Edited by plenzmd1

The fumble by EJ was on EJ because he had Fred wide open in the flat, but chose to hold the ball to explore other options. That was bad enough, but he compounded the problem with a lack of ball security.

I just watched it three more times Fred for a split second but three guys were bearing down. I think that's probably why he didn't throw it.

No the ridiculous homerism is what's tiresome. Name a memorable throw that shows that the guy has a first round arm, that shows he can go out and win a team a game. That's a ridiculously low bar for a first rounder with ten starts.

Pro-tip: You can't.

Woods vs NE last year. Nice anticipation for 20 yd TD. Goodwin vs Jets. I am confident he will be serviceable this year. I'll keep track of your posts after he wins us five games this year with his passing...the other five wins will be run game and defensive takeaways. Edited by BringBackFergy