EJ showed he can move the ball

Nuncha

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it kinda looked like hackett was calling some plays in the third quarter that were not quite as vanilla as the first half. maybe it's just me?

nope not just you. very nifty stuff.

we are keeping Spiller by the way

A pretty pathetic performance by our starting QB.

This is going to be a long year.

IMO

Well football usually ends too soon for me anyways so !

nope not just you. very nifty stuff.

we are keeping Spiller by the way

Well football usually ends too soon for me anyways so !

i am actually hoping we can come to terms with cj on a good deal for both sides. i love his talent and he really seems to be a good person. i will take that combo all day long.

and it almost seemed as if hackett got p!$$ed that his offense got booed off the field and came out in the third with a wee bit of a peek into some real plays. loved the play action.

i am actually hoping we can come to terms with cj on a good deal for both sides. i love his talent and he really seems to be a good person. i will take that combo all day long.

and it almost seemed as if hackett got p!$$ed that his offense got booed off the field and came out in the third with a wee bit of a peek into some real plays. loved the play action.

There it is brother . Bills must be dying to show their hand by now .

Looking forward to the Chicago game !

EJ will be the demise of coach Marrone's career. EJ was his first major decision. The one that will get him fired. EJ Manuel has no business in the NFL. I love the kid, frankly. I route, and will continue to route for him. The poor kid looks lost out there.

I'm depressed.

EJ will be the demise of coach Marrone's career. EJ was his first major decision. The one that will get him fired. EJ Manuel has no business in the NFL. I love the kid, frankly. I route, and will continue to route for him. The poor kid looks lost out there.

I'm depressed.

Replace EJ with hackett.

I'm depressed.

This is hyperbole.

I'm depressed.

Which route? A go-route? Route 219?

"Root" for him to be good when it matters.

The poor kid looks totally lost on the field. I thought it was the OC. He has a QB coach now. He looks lost still. Marrone goofed on this move. He needs to fix it. He is gone. Whiffing on Manuel is the reason. Root. Route. Whatever.

I said it way back when...Take JOHNNY FOOTBALL. Didnt happen. Wont happen. JF will be a successful QB, EJ will not. He'll be a good back up...as long as the starter stays healthy.

Edited by jaybee

The poor kid looks totally lost on the field. I thought it was the OC. He has a QB coach now. He looks lost still. Marrone goofed on this move. He needs to fix it. He is gone. Whiffing on Manuel is the reason. Root. Route. Whatever.

I said it way back when...Take JOHNNY FOOTBALL. Didnt happen. Wont happen. JF will be a successful QB, EJ will not. He'll be a good back up...as long as the starter stays healthy.

:lol: He's off to a great start both on and off the field. :rolleyes:

:lol: He's off to a great start both on and off the field. :rolleyes:

You mean after playing 2 preseason games his rookie year? I'm undecided on JF, but it's rare when any rookie QB looks good in preseason. And if he does, it's likely meaningless. One should actually become concerned with poor play after their rookie year. The jury hasn't even been selected for JF.

You mean after playing 2 preseason games his rookie year? I'm undecided on JF, but it's rare when any rookie QB looks good in preseason. And if he does, it's likely meaningless. One should actually become concerned with poor play after their rookie year. The jury hasn't even been selected for JF.

No argument with what you posted. IMO, you can't argue for Manziel on one hand and against Manuel on the other without bias.

I'm depressed.

An NFL HC bets his career on a QB. If it works out it he is a "genius." If not he is fired.

An NFL HC bets his career on a QB. If it works out it he is a "genius." If not he is fired.

The thing is, you ddidn't have to put all your eggs in the EJ basket. Again, Tampa signing McCown shows that. I'm not an EJ hater -- in fact, I think he had an o.k. but injury-riddled rookie season. But he's not the mobile running QB they thought they drafted, and from what I've seen that means he's not an NFL starter. No shame in conceding that it didn't work out and drafting or signing someone else. That will be the reason Marrone and Hackett (and Whaley too?) get fired.

You guys are way over reacting. Manual had one horrible play when he fumbled but the other mistakes were not his. If Chandler isn't tripping over his own feet and the RB fumbling the ball after the catch and the oline getting called for a penalty on half the good plays he would have looked much better. Give the guy a chance. I'm not saying he'll be great but I know I'd hate to be learning the QB position in the NFL in front of everyone being so negative. What do you expect? Everyone knew he was a bit of a project coming out of college. I see improvement, granted, it is painfully slow but the rest of the team needs to get it together and lend a hand.

against Tampa's second string D. lol!

There were 3rd stringers in there to be fair.

You know what sucks? That Mike Glennon was clearly ahead of EJ in development in their rookie seasons, yet Tampa went out and got McCown while we ... brought back Tuel and Lewis. They now have 2 acceptable NFL quarterbacks. We have ... None.

Good summary.

You know what sucks? That Mike Glennon was clearly ahead of EJ in development in their rookie seasons, yet Tampa went out and got McCown while we ... brought back Tuel and Lewis. They now have 2 acceptable NFL quarterbacks. We have ... None.

Tampa's offense has been criticized so far this preseason as well. I have no doubt if we had Glennon there would be the exact same threads and complaints going on.

For reference:

http://espn.go.com/n...37/mike-glennon

http://espn.go.com/n...15803/ej-manuel

Edited by What a Tuel

What scares me isn't the inconsistency. We all know that's what's expected from a young quarterback. It's that he doesn't actually look the part. I think most of us get that, that's why we're concerned. He doesn't pass the smell test.

When he throws the ball, there's no confidence in it. The ball seems to flutter to the receiver. He reminds me of a little league pitcher aiming the ball instead of letting go and throwing it. Also, as someone else mentioned, he might be fast once he's going, but he's not actually quick in the pocket and his feet have to be perfectly aligned to make a play.

In comparison, Even though he really stunk sometimes last year, Gino looked the part. He looked like a guy who had stuff, but had to learn how to control it. EJ doesn't look like he has it.

This season will pass as has those of the last decade and a half--fits and starts, penalties, lackluster play, and finally locker clean out after a 6 - 10 season. The organization needs to start over with an ALL new administration that won't accept failure. The NFL, TV money and ancillary income sources make it too easy to ignore the need to field a winning team. Currently, the objectives of the fans and those of the organization are at odds. Our last best hope is a new owner with a will to win on the field.

What scares me isn't the inconsistency. We all know that's what's expected from a young quarterback. It's that he doesn't actually look the part. I think most of us get that, that's why we're concerned. He doesn't pass the smell test.

When he throws the ball, there's no confidence in it. The ball seems to flutter to the receiver. He reminds me of a little league pitcher aiming the ball instead of letting go and throwing it. Also, as someone else mentioned, he might be fast once he's going, but he's not actually quick in the pocket and his feet have to be perfectly aligned to make a play.

In comparison, Even though he really stunk sometimes last year, Gino looked the part. He looked like a guy who had stuff, but had to learn how to control it. EJ doesn't look like he has it.

I posted in the Hackett thread that Manuel's progress is being impeded by his OC. Hackett said in an interview on buffalobills.com that Manuel tries to hard to be perfect and then two seconds later he says that he wants EJ to take what the defense gives him and that he never wants him to force it downfield because they never want interceptions. That is stupid advice. Marrone needs to tell Hackett he's fired if he doesn't change this philosophy or if this is Marrone's philosophy he should resign and let Schwartz take over. That's a coach who had no problem letting his QB chuck the ball downfield.

I don't care if it was Tampa's second stringers, Manuel looked lightyears better in the second half and the main part was because there was a change in the OC's philosophy because fear took over for his job.

I'm officially worried that Marrone and Hackett are in over their heads. I think that first half blahs were all on the overly conservative coaching philosophy. These guys had better get their act together quickly because there's a head coach in waiting here for Doug Whaley to throw a "Hail Mary" to since his job currently rests with Marrone's success or failure.

Edited by 1billsfan

I don't care if it was Tampa's second stringers, Manuel looked lightyears better in the second half and the main part was because there was a change in the OC's philosophy because fear took over for his job.

I don't think it was a change in philosophy, it was a dramatic change in the talent levels and match-ups on the field.

suddenly, there was a little more time (and space in the pocket) to throw, our receivers were winning their match-ups, CJ had room to run because the D-line and linebackers weren't getting up field or wide to seal the corners.

It's basically college football....in most games one team is just much more talented than the other. Our 1st team offense is clearly better than a defense made of guys who don't start or who may not be in the NFL in two weeks.

No argument with what you posted. IMO, you can't argue for Manziel on one hand and against Manuel on the other without bias.

Why is that? I'm not saying I'm arguing for either, but EJ is in his second season and JFF is just starting his first. I think it's a lot different. And don't play the injury excuse card.

The thing is, you ddidn't have to put all your eggs in the EJ basket. Again, Tampa signing McCown shows that. I'm not an EJ hater -- in fact, I think he had an o.k. but injury-riddled rookie season. But he's not the mobile running QB they thought they drafted, and from what I've seen that means he's not an NFL starter. No shame in conceding that it didn't work out and drafting or signing someone else. That will be the reason Marrone and Hackett (and Whaley too?) get fired.

I argued the same thing. Now way would I have put all of my eggs into the EJ basket for this season - and I sure as hell wouldn't have added next season's first round eggs to it. That's negligent.