Kelly has spoken to JBJ about joining forces

FluffHead

Because he doesn't. A blowhard with a net worth of around one billion. and in some circles his bond funded is not even rated. Google is your friend.

Yeah, right!

Gundlach has a long running beef with Morningstar and they won't rate him. Gundlach's falgship Total Return Fund has had annual retuens of 9.3%--more than double benchmark indices.

So if you need to have a company like Morningstar to tell you waht to do with your money, go right ahead. If you want to do a little research for yourself, you may be better off.

Anyway, I'm sure he could liquify half a billion tomorrow if he needed to. Doesn't mean he's not looking to partner up with others.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he doesn't. A blowhard with a net worth of around one billion. and in some circles his bond funded is not even rated. Google is your friend.

Yeah, right!

Gundlach has a long running beef with Morningstar and they won't rate him. Gundlach's falgship Total Return Fund has had annual retuens of 9.3%--more than double benchmark indices.

So if you need to have a company like Morningstar to tell you waht to do with your money, go right ahead. If you want to do a little research for yourself, you may be better off.

Anyway, I'm sure he could liquify half a billion tomorrow if he needed to. Doesn't mean he's not looking to partner up with others.

If people really believe in the "iron clad lease" and the Trust demanding an oath in blood that the Bills will stay in WNY, I'm not sure why they would fear Gundlach as an owner.

He is very smart, logical, and from what I hear very no nonsense. He would not put up with any incompetence in the front office, that is for sure. And he is very likely to leave the football decisions to the football people. Not to mention he did not make his money by poisoning people, but that's just my bias talking.

I get that Pegula has more than demonstrated he wants to be the Buffalo NY white knight, and is certainly putting his money where his mouth is. But if the trust, for whatever reason, does not want Pegula, the Bills could do a whole lot worse than Jeffrey Gundlach as an owner in my opinion.

Kelly doesn't have the money to buy the Bills. He's apparently teamed with Gundlach who also doesn't have the money. Now they have talked with JBJ who also doesn't have the money.

The groups are looking for ways to put together a team that:

Has enough money.

Can satisfy the Trust on non-relocation.

Can get NFL approval.

Could we see a "Super Group" emerge to challenge Pegula? Wouldn't shock me in the least.

Certainly seems like what they're shooting for. But it's awfully late in the game. And who - besides JBJ - really needs Kelly? And who - besides the TO Group - really needs JBJ?

Pegula and Golisano can both do the deal on their own. Maybe Trump could use Kelly for PR reasons.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Yeah, right!

The vastness of your knowledge is simply amazing. So your comment of "I'm sure he could liquify a half a billion tomorrow

If he needed to." is backed by the WEO school of economics. or in other words another unqualified opinion by a person who has zero knowledge to say such things.With yet again nothing to back it up as usual. Silly me I thought you were just a car racing theorist. Knowing Gundlach's liquidity is simply amazing.

I'm out.

The vastness of your knowledge is simply amazing. So your comment of "I'm sure he could liquify a half a billion tomorrow

If he needed to." is backed by the WEO school of economics. or in other words another unqualified opinion by a person who has zero knowledge to say such things.With yet again nothing to back it up as usual. Silly me I thought you were just a car racing theorist. Knowing Gundlach's liquidity is simply amazing.

I'm out.

Out of your depth.

A simple google search, as you say, would have prevented you from mentioning the Morningstar non rating as significant. This guy is perhaps the biggest player in the bond market (other than the guy who manags PIMCO)--by all accounts. Your labeling him a "blowhard" is a joke.

Kelly doesn't have the money to buy the Bills. He's apparently teamed with Gundlach who also doesn't have the money. Now they have talked with JBJ who also doesn't have the money.

The groups are looking for ways to put together a team that:

Has enough money.

Can satisfy the Trust on non-relocation.

Can get NFL approval.

Could we see a "Super Group" emerge to challenge Pegula? Wouldn't shock me in the least.

To me, it looks like politicking... The news flash this morning was that Kelly had met with him, but the Kelly did not see any indication that they JBJ and Co. were still trying to move the team out of Buffalo.

bull ****. Graham reported that Kelly met with JBJ. That's what he reported. Assuming it happened, it's not misleading.

You're still incorrect. It was a misleading article released on purpose to manufacture a controversy.

It is not journalism. It is click bait.

Can you quote the section that you feel is misleading?

This is misleading:

Jim Kelly, Jon Bon Jovi have discussed joining forces to buy the Bills http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/08/16/jim-kelly-jon-bon-jovi-discussed-joining-forces-buy-bills/

This is misleading click bate evidenced by the completely predictable response by Jill Kelly, the Bills fan base and this very thread.

An accurate and straightforward Tweet would read:

Jon Bon Jovi contacted Jim Kelly about joining forces to buy the Bills http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/08/16/jim-kelly-jon-bon-jovi-discussed-joining-forces-buy-bills/

If you do not agree, that is great. I do not care.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Your headline implies they did not meet. All indications are they did have talks, and Bon Jovi couldn't convince Kelly the team would stay. So I'd say your headline is misleading. But you don't care.

Your headline implies they did not meet. All indications are they did have talks, and Bon Jovi couldn't convince Kelly the team would stay. So I'd say your headline is misleading. But you don't care.

Personally,if Jimbo taped this meeting the comedic value of BJ trying to convince Kelly that his group was planning the keep the team in Buffalo for the long term would be priceless. There had to be some tension and hardline questions from Kelly, etc.

maybe kelly when it is all said and done, and if the popular choice for owner does get the team. Kelly actually did play a role in keeping his and our team in Buffalo. That would be nice. he means well no doubt about it.