Training camp - Week 4

YoloinOhio

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread seems to have been hijacked, which I don't like, but I will give in and make it worse. Sorry everybody. I am not a grammar nazi, but I do think I have a solid grasp of the language. According to statistics, better than average (that might be sad for the stats). Why can't language evolve. Everything else does, and does so with gusto. Why does language have to play by the rules of the 1500's. Wrong is wrong and right is right, until things evolve, and then we accept that.

I totally agree, however this isn't about the natural evolution of the English language. It is about the misquoting of an old saying by a member of the media. The old saying is "Champing at the bit", meaning to be excited to get started. If the public blindly accept such ineptitude, where will it lead?

Will it become commonplace to hear "a diamond dozen" instead of "a dime a dozen"? Or "one foul swoop" instead of "fell swoop"? Or "nip it in the but" instead of "bud". Or perhaps "the end all be all" will become acceptable over "the be all and end all"?(too late for that one I feel).

I am not adverse to a response to this. I'd like to say that I could care less but I am actually on tender hooks and for all intensive purposes this is not a mute point. Though it may be a doggy dog world, it can't be taken for granite that I and speaking tongue and cheek.

@mikerodak: Bills have closed practice to the public this morning. Rain in area

@mikerodak: Instead of a full practice, Bills will have a brief walkthru and then head off to Pittsburgh

I'm Fred Jackson, and I approve this message.

anyone know where the Bills are staying in the Pittsburgh area? are they staying in Latrobe, where training camp is or just bussing it to and from while sleeping in Pittsburgh? Also, anyone planning to attend tomorrow and Thursday? I plan on being there both days...

Well, I'm champing at the bit to see some Bills chomping on some Steelers and I'll shiv the first mofo who tries to correct me on that! :ph34r:

I wonder if we will see a re-enactment of this Watkins on Shazier crime:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/04/10/2014-nfl-draft-how-much-value-should-be-placed-on-team-visits-answer-very-little/sammy-watkins-runs-over-ohio-state-defender-b/

anyone know where the Bills are staying in the Pittsburgh area? are they staying in Latrobe, where training camp is or just bussing it to and from while sleeping in Pittsburgh? Also, anyone planning to attend tomorrow and Thursday? I plan on being there both days...

Someone told me that they are staying in Pittsburgh, exactly where, I do not know. Makes sense, Latrobe is a very

small town and most of the hotel rooms up there are already occupied with rabid Stiller Fans!

Going tomorrow, should be a blast!

Someone told me that they are staying in Pittsburgh, exactly where, I do not know. Makes sense, Latrobe is a very

small town and most of the hotel rooms up there are already occupied with rabid Stiller Fans!

Going tomorrow, should be a blast!

Pretty sure they are glamping outside of Latrobe.