The O-Line Thread

Thought this might help seeing as there are like 8 threads on Glenn, Henderson CuJo, etc.

All things our Oline. Here.

With Cordy back I think Henderson will get looks at RT. Im betting CuJo will get some looks at LG seeing that he's been on the left side at bama it might be a smoother transition.

Glenn--CuJo--Wood--Urbik--Henderson

I'd like to see this.

Pears, Williams, Hairston, Cyril the backups. Or Cyril goes practice squad and we keep Unga or something.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Henderson will get RT looks on his way to swing tackle duty. I see Richardson pushing Urbik. My prediction: Glenn-Williams-Wood-Richardson-Pears with Urbik as G/C backup and Henderson as swing tackle. Kouandjio and Legursky round things out.

Posted Today, 09:52 PM

I think that Henderson will get RT looks on his way to swing tackle duty. I see Richardson pushing Urbik. My prediction: Glenn-Williams-Wood-Richardson-Pears with Urbik as G/C backup and Henderson as swing tackle. Kouandjio and Legursky round things out.

legursky is not needed.

Found this thread at an opportune time. I'm rewatching the game on DVR and rewinding after plays to see which guys are making plays and which aren't. And, I was just noticing how terrible Legursky was in the first half. Guy was getting owned on the majority of plays against Carolina backups. Maybe Carolina has a ton of depth on the d-line, but Legursky sure looked bad.

I sure hope Wood can stay healthy this year.

Found this thread at an opportune time. I'm rewatching the game on DVR and rewinding after plays to see which guys are making plays and which aren't. And, I was just noticing how terrible Legursky was in the first half. Guy was getting owned on the majority of plays against Carolina backups. Maybe Carolina has a ton of depth on the d-line, but Legursky sure looked bad.

Here's hoping but thus far he's only played one full NFL season since being draft, which oddly enough was last season.

Hairston can't play Center. As here's what ideally we should have Glenn, Williams, Wood, Urbik, Koanjio. Depth: Henderson, Hairston, Legursky and Richardson. Yet thus far the only givens are Glenn and Wood :(

Right now Pears is the best RT on the team. I can't see him being cut.

Ohio state guy, had off field issues and fell in draft. Has been really good for niners but holding out. Might be an upgrade over either guard we have out there now.

@ProFootballTalk: Trade a possibility for holdout guard Alex Boone http://t.co/fuvW7f7Ooy

While I would like to see this, I highly doubt it will happen. I know I wasn't thrilled with the line getting stuffed by the Panthers at the goal line. Same stuff, different year.

I didn't like Chris Williams when he was signed, and after watching him whiff, and have lousy push in Carolina, I like him less.

Glenn getting cleared is great news, and hopefully that line plays better.

Boone >>

@thadbrown7: #49ers talented OG holding out for more $. #Bills have cap room, need at OG, motivation to trade picks (owner change). Paging Mr. Whaley...

Again, while I would like to see this. I gotta wonder if the team is still being held in restraints concerning the bottom line.

Pears is still inconsistent. Some screen grabs I made and tweeted:

Replaying #CARvsBUF game, watching Pears closely. #2: Did Pears not get the snap count? pic.twitter.com/iXx8IJuRFk

Replaying #CARvsBUF game, watching #Bills Pears closely. #3: Pears pancakes man, pass complete. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/ZWUXTinCpe

Watching #Bills Pears closely. #4: Pears lunges for his man but Brown runs other side for 15. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/2t4eWRNUS1

#Bills Pears closely. #5: Pears lunges for 2nd level, misses on 1st and goal but Dixon runs other side #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/2a5U8kn6nl

Watching #Bills Pears closely. #6: 2nd and Goal - Pears pushes lineman back - Dixon scores TD. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/n9J6KIzZpy

Great to have Cordy back but the Bills said he will be brought along very slowly. He didnt even pass the conditioning test yet. I doubt we see him in a game until maybe the last preseason game (although hopefully a series in game four). So we are not going to have the luxury of messing with the other linemen, unless Marrone already decided that Hairston can be the back up LT.

I bet nothing changes unfortunately.

Marrone has, however, stated on several occasion that he prefers the best five players out there vs. trying to keep cohesion so you never know.

Legursky was "playing center" in the 2nd half too, he just looks terrible. I thought Williams was okay and hopefully they will use Ubrik at center if anything happens to Wood. Some of the time it takes rookie guards a while to get better, so I like that we took one this year but I think it is why we brought Williams in.

Pears is still inconsistent. Some screen grabs I made and tweeted:

https://twitter.com/...256488390221824

Replaying #CARvsBUF game, watching Pears closely. #2: Did Pears not get the snap count? pic.twitter.com/iXx8IJuRFk

Replaying #CARvsBUF game, watching #Bills Pears closely. #3: Pears pancakes man, pass complete. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/ZWUXTinCpe

Watching #Bills Pears closely. #4: Pears lunges for his man but Brown runs other side for 15. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/2t4eWRNUS1

#Bills Pears closely. #5: Pears lunges for 2nd level, misses on 1st and goal but Dixon runs other side #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/2a5U8kn6nl

Watching #Bills Pears closely. #6: 2nd and Goal - Pears pushes lineman back - Dixon scores TD. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/n9J6KIzZpy

and always has been. average against bad players, bad against good players, and outright terrible against really good players. In my view.

This team has in the last decade sought to have great players on their D line, and yet allowed less then average players on the O line. The Bills solidify some positions on the line and fill other positions with below average players, and think this strategy will win games.

I was really hoping Pears, Urbik, Legursky would be history to start this season, and as of now that isn't going to happen. At least Henderson may take over at RT once Glenn returns to LT.