Tuel demoted to third team

They may have done so but he doesn't have to like it nor get off of anything. Add me to the list of 'morons' who think Tuel will be better than EJ. I suspect we will see EJ hurt within a few games and Tuel will end up being the starter. I hope I'm wrong I really do.

Really? What do you see in him that makes him that good. (please answer this) Screw this untrained eye. My eyes are trained very well. He's wasting his opportunities.

You think he will be better than Ej somehow. But dont you need a chance from a team? The boy is running out of chances...

Look at Tebow. PROVEN WINNER IN COLLEGE AND THE NFL. Jobless!!!!! Playoff winner. Jobless.

What has Tuel done lately? Really the Tuel lovers dont want to see it, but it's there. Against the 3's he should have smoked the other team. However he was not at his best. I wont even say he was horrible like others. He just was not that good. He should have blinded us with "the light". However he was below average... Be honest.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. I was posting about Tuel. The other poster started saying something stupid about oh EJ never throws a bad pass when we were not talking about anything EJ related. Each thread lately becomes a bash EJ thread. It could be about back up slot cbs and someone will invariably chime in that it won't matter who is the back up slot corner if EJ sucks.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of talking about EJ. He then said he was going to put me on ignore. I responded with great glee that I would in turn not have to hear another EJ sucks remark when I wasn't discussing EJ.

Spot on,, kinda tired of the EJ bashing (specially from a select few). Although it has quieted down now that hey have played a 2nd practice game! Edited by snamsnoops

You hit the trifecta -- predictions of EJ failure, EJ injury, and the ever-present "hope I'm wrong" disclaimer. Well done!

Why the sarcasm when the poster is simply giving his humble opinion ? The posters on this board want to either give EJ more time or "throw the bum out". Why are you so quick to throw Tuel out after just one start? I don't know where the Tuel experiment will go, but I too, just like our coaches, see something in him that says he may make it.

Why the sarcasm when the poster is simply giving his humble opinion ? The posters on this board want to either give EJ more time or "throw the bum out". Why are you so quick to throw Tuel out after just one start? I don't know where the Tuel experiment will go, but I too, just like our coaches, see something in him that says he may make it.

I think it was Confucius who once postulated, "When a songbird sings it is beautiful. If it keeps on singing you begin to get a headache. If it never stops one needs to jam a .45 down its fukking throat."

Well, to be fair, the poster called himself a moron. I admittedly did not argue.

I'd have to put my money on Tuel over Lewis, who is now on his fourth NFL team after failing to accomplish anything with St. Louis, Cleveland, or Detroit.

Tuel has the highest completion % ever (61.4%) at Washington State, is only the 2nd QB to start for the Cougars as a true freshman (the other is former Bills QB Drew Bledsoe), and - of course - was coached by Mike Leach...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 & 0 baby!!!!!

I'd have to put my money on Tuel over Lewis, who is now on his fourth NFL team after failing to accomplish anything with St. Louis, Cleveland, or Detroit.

Tuel has the highest completion % ever (61.4%) at Washington State, is only the 2nd QB to start for the Cougars as a true freshman (the other is former Bills QB Drew Bledsoe), and - of course - was coached by Mike Leach...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 & 0 baby!!!!!

Although that coach didnt much like him it seemed, no?

Although that coach didnt much like him it seemed, no?

It was Leach's 1st year at Washington State, and Tuel's final year. I don't think that Leach disliked Tuel or thought he lacked any skills - I think they just didn't have time to build any type of strong bond like Leach had with Graham Harrell at Texas Tech.

Leach stated that Tuel never really got into any sort of winning rhythm due to injuries (broken collarbone twice) and coaching changes, but still thought he was a good QB and looked forward to seeing how he'd fare in the NFL.

Edited by The Senator

I found all the measurable throws I could on video (relatively flat and "vertical")

Tuel's fastest one was 52 mph

EJ's fastest was 50.2 mph

Tuels average was 49.03 mph, EJ's average was 44.34

Also, I couldn't find any official velocity for Tuel, but EJ's was measured at the combine...

YEAR: 2013

Tyler Bray, Tennessee 59

Zac Dysert, Miami (OH) 59

James Vandenberg, Iowa 57

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse 56

Bradley Sorensen, Southern Utah 56

Geno Smith, West Virginia 55

Tyler Wilson, Arkansas 55

EJ Manuel, Florida State 54

Matthew Scott, Arizona 54

Landry Jones, Oklahoma 53

Collin Klein, Kansas State 52

Colby Cameron, Louisiana Tech 51

Marqueis Gray, Minnesota 51

Michael Glennon, North Carolina State 49

Matt Barkley, Southern Cal – Did not throw

Sean Renfree, Duke – Did not throw

http://blogs.ourlads...bine-2008-2012/

I found all the measurable throws I could on video (relatively flat and "vertical")

http://youtu.be/LRCfGPoICYE

Also, I couldn't find any official velocity for Tuel, but EJ's was measured at the combine...

Tyler Bray, Tennessee 59

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse 56

Matt Barkley, Southern Cal Did not throw

Sean Renfree, Duke Did not throw

See this is saying something. I like this.

But does he have it on the field? I guess only time will tell.

I wonder if Tuel will become that hot girl that no one dates. Time will tell.

Tyler Bray, Tennessee 59

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse 56

Good post! :thumbsup:

I don't know whether Tuel will succeed or fail in the NFL. But if he fails, it sounds like his failure story won't involve arm strength. It's good to have reassurance about this aspect of him.

On another matter, I appreciate The Senator's comments about Tuel. It's good to hear from those who'd watched him in college.

I used a video editor to get the time from the ball leaving qb's hand to reaching receiver's hand

and then estimated the distance traveled and did all the calculations?

i dont mean to sound critical - but really im surprised that the end result was something as close to a reasonable number as it was. it seems like it would be terribly inaccurate in the process blowing up a very rough feet per second to miles per hour.

yes that's right, here are the numbers

18 / .734 = 24.52 y/s = 50.15 mph

25 / .984 = 25.41 y/s = 51.98 mph

I understood how you did it - just noting that those rough numbers when blown up to MPH exaggerate the fact that even if you did a really good job they arent going to be exact.

a few inches, and/or a few hundredths of a second could cause a noticeable swing on the end result.

good effort, but not sure how accurate/meaningful the end result really is.

I understood how you did it - just noting that those rough numbers when blown up to MPH exaggerate the fact that even if you did a really good job they arent going to be exact.

a few inches, and/or a few hundredths of a second could cause a noticeable swing on the end result.

yes that's right, here are the numbers

18 / .734 = 24.52 y/s = 50.15 mph

25 / .984 = 25.41 y/s = 51.98 mph

Tyler Bray, Tennessee 59

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse 56

Super cool work. It is much appreciated. Can you post the video editor video on youtube, then link here, so we can see how accurate of measurements you got? My largest issue with accuracy is the endzone catch, which really makes it a guestimate. Also since you did the math, with is the results given a margin of error of say +/- a yard. Tuel could be faster or slower.

According to that stupid American Muscle show on discovery, an NFL QB needs to be able to hit 50mph in controlled max velocity testing. Just like the combine. Good to see we have two QB's who well surpass that.

It likely means that the oft repeated "weak arm" comments are as baseless as the "slow eyes" and "locks on to recievers" comments. Unfortunately one can actually be measured while the other two are figments of ESPN's imagination. Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

It likely means that the oft repeated "weak arm" comments are as baseless as the "slow eyes" and "locks on to recievers" comments. Unfortunately one can actually be measured while the other two are figments of ESPN's imagination. Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

To me, there are three-four categories you can classify NFL quarterbacks in. 1) rag arms, 2) all the throws arms, 3) strong arms, 4) rocket arms.

Most fall into the middle two. Tuel falls into the make all the throws arms. He can complete the long out pattern well enough that NFL cornerbacks cannot get their quick enough to break up the play. He can throw a deep ball 50 yards. He doesn't get in trouble because he has a rag arm, it's just not a strong one. EJ has a strong arm, although I would say it's closer to the all the throws arm than the rocket arm.