Let's talk running backs to change the qb conversation

Omg the board is full of qb negativity.

When we may not even need a great one. Our run game looks improved just as our wr core is much improved.

Who do you guys like?

Freddy looks to be the usual beast.

Cj had that one run. He's explosive and this year, the coaches use him correctly.

I was really impressed with the rb from from Philly. Too bad I cant remember his name. His # is 35

Dixon from SF could be the man for that tough 1 or 2 yards.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

I am excited about what Bryce Brown can bring to the running game. This guy weighs 220, but has very good speed.

He was one of the top high school recruits, but had a funky college career. He left the Tennessee Vols when they changed coaches, then he never got going at Kansas State.

From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryce_Brown

"While playing at Wichita High School East, he won the 2008 Hall Trophy for the best high school player in the United States and was ranked atop of the Rivals.com ranking of his class, the first running back to do so since Adrian Peterson in 2004.[4] In 2008, he was also dubbed the best high school running back prospect of the last five years."

I like all of them! They each bring something valuable to the team and the offense. I think we have the best RB group/depth in the league.

I concur! I said in another thread that we shouldn't worry so much about the passing game, at least not quite yet, because we are going to be able to run all over our opponents. Every RB brings something to the table. We will always have fresh legs too. I can't wait to see what this group does.

But none of them can throw down field.

I am excited about what Bryce Brown can bring to the running game. This guy weighs 220, but has very good speed.

My excitement over him Sunday was tempered by the fact that he was running against third string and camp fodder. But I am interested in seeing what I can do with/against starters.

My excitement over him Sunday was tempered by the fact that he was running against third string and camp fodder. But I am interested in seeing what I can do with/against starters.

Tom, did you see any of his games with Philly (where he started for an injured McCoy)? He has good numbers for his couple of starts.

I like all of them! They each bring something valuable to the team and the offense. I think we have the best RB group/depth in the league.

Best rb group in the league?

I dont know about that one.

Seattle, Jets, Viking, Eagles

What can you do with/against starters DC?

Got you!

Best rb group in the league?

I dont know about that one.

Seattle, Jets, Viking, Eagles

What can you do with/against starters DC?

Got you!

None of those have the 4-RB talent+depth that we have, IMO. Each of those has good to great RBs (NY is mehhhh IMO) but I see them as 2-deep.

No worries about the Backs...how about the O-Line..will they create holes?

Very good point.

I would trade CJ Spiller for Kirk Cousins straight up....I wonder if the redskins would do that

Kirk has a lot of potential. I agree. Way more than our qb backups right now.

However, that's giving up on Ej. You have to give him year 2 J. He did enough to keep his job at least year 2.

I would trade CJ Spiller for Kirk Cousins straight up....I wonder if the redskins would do that

I love CJ and think he's a great playmaker/our coaches need to find ways to use him better. That being said, I would love that trade. I doubt it would ever happen because, in my opinion, the front office is so in love with EJ they don't want to bring anyone who might hurt his ego and unquestioned grip on the starting job and potentially derail his fragile state of development.

Also, I just don't think the redskins would make this trade. It's so rare to see two legit players get traded in the NFL at all, and really player for player trades in general.

The Jets are awful at rb... If you would've asked me who the top 3 were last month I would 've said 1. Seahawks 2. 49ers 3. Bills. Now after the 49ers bad luck I'd say, 1. Seahawks 2. Bills 3. Lions and an extra 4. Chargers. Depth and talent is the key. Top dogs like McCoy or Charles have 1 reliAble chAnge of pace or back up. I'd start any combination of our guys and be happy with it.

This week Chip Kelly was talking about using McCoy and Sproles at the same time in some packages. I really wish the Bills would have a package with Jackson and Spiller. It would give defenses an extra thing to practice against and it would shorten their time working against the normal formations in practice.

The Bills have the RBs to do this and be successful with it. I'd even think of running some plays with Watkins taking wildcat snaps for possible use in goal line situations.

This week Chip Kelly was talking about using McCoy and Sproles at the same time in some packages. I really wish the Bills would have a package with Jackson and Spiller. It would give defenses an extra thing to practice against and it would shorten their time working against the normal formations in practice.

The Bills have the RBs to do this and be successful with it. I'd even think of running some plays with Watkins taking wildcat snaps for possible use in goal line situations.

they have been practicing that formation since OTAs started which is good news. I believe they feel they can now do it without worrying about keeping one fresh, now that they have Brown.

they have been practicing that formation since OTAs started which is good news. I believe they feel they can now do it without worrying about keeping one fresh, now that they have Brown.

That's good news. It shows that they are expanding the playbook and packages which will make it harder for defenses to prepare for the Bills. It will make them worry about having to cover the whole horizontal field near the line of scrimmage, yet still defend the vertical with the possibility of a play action pass with EJ going over the top to Watkins.