August Movies: Guardians, Sin City 2, Expendables 3, & TMNT...

Mark Vader

• 2 weeks later...

I want a baby Groot on my cubicle desk.

I told my wife at the end of that movie "If anyone has any sense, they're going to make a fortune off dancing baby Groot toys."

And unbelievably, it's the one toy Marvel didn't license.

Guardians and Expendables 3 exceeded my expectations.

I'd go as far to say that E3 was the best of the series to date. Then again, I am in a minority opinion that Die Hard With a Vengence was the most complete, best Die Hard movie in that series.

Guardians and Expendables 3 exceeded my expectations.

I'd go as far to say that E3 was the best of the series to date. Then again, I am in a minority opinion that Die Hard With a Vengence was the most complete, best Die Hard movie in that series.

Did Kelsay Grammer kick ass? 'Cause he's one bad mother!@#$er. Almost as badass as David Hyde Pierce.

Did Kelsay Grammer kick ass? 'Cause he's one bad mother!@#$er. Almost as badass as David Hyde Pierce.

I thought they wrote good parts for Grammer, Banderas and Gibson. The weakest link in the movie IMO was Schwarzenegger. They really didn't give him much to do.

I too could not recall a Kelsey Grammer action flick and thought WTH when his casting was announced. Pleasantly surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to seeing Guardians last night. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't put it up there as the best Marvel has done so far, which I have heard a lot this month. I don't even think it was their best movie this year as I enjoyed Winter Soldier a lot more. And I don't mean it as a shot against Guardians, I just thought that highly of Winter Soldier. Rocket and Groot were the highlights of the movie for me. They were worth the price of admission.

I don't know all that much about a lot of these Marvel characters, especially the villains, but when I see Thanos, all I can think of is Darkseid. If DC decides to use him in Justice League, I hope that movie isn't out right around the same time as whichever Avengers movie will feature Thanos. We could be in evil alien bent on destroying the universe overload that summer.

Oh, and Howard the Duck? Seriously? I wonder if they actually try to go that route with a movie at some point.

• 2 weeks later...