Off topic: Stevie at it again

Berry blamed Stevie for his injury a few years back, said he was illegally blocked ... though Stevie did nothing illegal in blocking him....Berry vowed vengeance on Stevie.

I get that, I still don't understand why someone getting injured is remotely funny

I don't think anyone thought the injury was funny... just the recollection of the Stevie thing

That part I get, but this board would've exploded if the roles were reversed, and Byrd was taken out by some WR ( or so Byrd would claim), we would've been calling for suspensions, lifetime bans for the WR etc. But now we can laugh because a player on another team accused one of our guys?

And yes, I know BYrd isn't here anymore, I was using it based on last years team and the fact that he and Berry are both safeties.

That part I get, but this board would've exploded if the roles were reversed, and Byrd was taken out by some WR ( or so Byrd would claim), we would've been calling for suspensions, lifetime bans for the WR etc. But now we can laugh because a player on another team accused one of our guys?

And yes, I know BYrd isn't here anymore, I was using it based on last years team and the fact that he and Berry are both safeties.

Absolutely, that's just the way it goes. I hated Brandon Spikes the last few years; I thought he was dirty and he was a patriot. Now, I love the guy! He is awesome. You can't hate your own team; it's blasphemy!!!

he's ok:

SB Nation NFL@SBNationNFL 6m

Andy Reid says it's a "sore ankle" for Eric Berry http://www.arrowhead...-early … via @ArrowheadPride

Ok, so now it is hilarious!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry...I get the Stevie reference, but I think even Stevie himself would blanch at the thought of a great player being injured. Not anything to make light of...

I don't think Stevie would blanch, because he doesn't know what it means, to blanch....I remember when Berry did get seriously injured on the play in question...Stevie did not blanch then...so why would he blanch now?

Edited by Buftex

Relax Mark...I think the OP was just trying to come up with a clever way, injecting a Bills reference that many remember, to report that Berry had been injured...it may or may not have been funny, but I don't think anyone was celebrating an injury...good lawd, what a fun bunch here... :rolleyes:

Not going to enter the fray about the appropriateness of this thread. That said, I remember how KC and their fans viewed Berry's injury in that game. But the truth was he was injured on the play or two prior to Stevie's low block. He should probably not have been in the game at that point. Stevie was doing his job clearing a path for the runner. A healthy knee might have held up. Might have. We'll never know, but I'm convinced that Berry and KC hold some responsibility for that play.

Can't we just give the guy a break. He's not even in the damn team anymore. Just forget Stevie Johnson. Jeeze.

Stevie was always ready to kick butt and chew bubble gum. And he was always out of bubble gum.

I did like the T-Shirt thing after touchdown catches. Especially since it was after a "Touchdown!"

Unfortunately, he didn't need to come up with very many original things to write on them.

And it really takes the meaning out of it when you flash your message in the 4th quarter of a blowout loss.

Unfortunately, he didn't need to come up with very many original things to write on them.

And it really takes the meaning out of it when you flash your message in the 4th quarter of a blowout loss.

however he's still got more TDs in as many years as CJ Spiller does and we all put him up on a pedestal around here. ;-)

however he's still got more TDs in as many years as CJ Spiller does and we all put him up on a pedestal around here. ;-)

CJ would have more TDs ... he was just tired.

Stevie was always ready to kick butt and chew bubble gum. And he was always out of bubble gum.

I did like the T-Shirt thing after touchdown catches. Especially since it was after a "Touchdown!"

hehe i remember this guy named Trent that would "throw the ball" then it would get caught by the other team, yuk yuk, but it was ok because he was playing a game called "Football!"

yup. Stevie would have too if we didn't pick up TO and make him sit the bench for 2 years.

ummm one year, TO wasnt here when SJ sat out as rookie, as most 7th rounders do, too bad though we could have seen a few more penalties involving t shirts, at least 1 more injured groin and of course a game losing drop, the one thing TO wasnt good at, He actually caught some game winners when he wasnt loafing around.

hehe i remember this guy named Trent that would "throw the ball" then it would get caught by the other team, yuk yuk, but it was ok because he was playing a game called "Football!"

ummm one year, TO wasnt here when SJ sat out as rookie, as most 7th rounders do, too bad though we could have seen a few more penalties involving t shirts, at least 1 more injured groin and of course a game losing drop, the one thing TO wasnt good at, He actually caught some game winners when he wasnt loafing around.

haha. No hiding from you and your enlightenment. He's gone now. It's ok. You can rest easy guy.