GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

nah

like a scarred Bills fan, I have already accepted and justified this OSU loss in my mind and have moved on to next week. It is a sad existence. It is my only way to cope because surprise losses are worse than expected losses. I have issues, clearly!

Oh and F U Bosa for not going to class!!! It's all your fault.

Edited by YoloinOhio

like a scarred Bills fan, I have already accepted and justified this OSU loss in my mind and have moved on to next week. It is a sad existence. It is my only way to cope because surprise losses are worse than expected losses. I have issues, clearly!

Oh and F U Bosa for not going to class!!! It's all your fault.

yikes you need help ... JK ... when I was in the navy I always viewed every situation as the worst possible that when IF it went well then it was a plus. the Navy was the worst for me because the military does everything the hard way and I worked with complete morons.

Big win... that I was thoroughly unimpressed with. Zeke is the animal we thought he was, Braxton is much better at flanker than I expected, or even hoped, nearly every other facet I was disappointed in. If Brewer doesn't get hurt, I shutter to think of how that game ends up.

It'll be weeks before there's another test for this group. I hope they use that time to begin to perfect their craft.

GO BUCKS!!!

Big win... that I was thoroughly unimpressed with. Zeke is the animal we thought he was, Braxton is much better at flanker than I expected, or even hoped, nearly every other facet I was disappointed in. If Brewer doesn't get hurt, I shutter to think of how that game ends up.

It'll be weeks before there's another test for this group. I hope they use that time to begin to perfect their craft.

GO BUCKS!!!

first week is always rough. Urban's teams tend to get better as the year goes on. I agree they are so sloppy (as they were last year) and overcome it with talent but sheesh - penalties and turnovers! I think the DL really missed Bosa more than what the end result would suggest. Bosa completely changes an offense's game plan. Edited by YoloinOhio

I feel pretty good about the win. Surprised to see Jones get the nod as starter; my view is that Barrett is better suited for Urban’s read-option system, which emphasizes recognizing mismatches and designed QB runs. That view was only strengthened when Barrett came in, immediately scrambled for a long gain, and then threw a perfect spiral for a long TD. But it’s tough to argue with Cardale’s results and how hard it is to bring him down. If the Bucks go the distance this season, my guess is that they’ll need both to step up at different times.

Happy about the light workload for EZE – if he gets 15 touches per game through November I’ll be happy because come December/January it will be 35 per game.

Incredibly happy for Braxton Miller. He has been through so much as a Buckeye – watching Tressel leave, living through Fickell, the Holy Buckeye play against Wisconsin, the undefeated season, obviously the shoulder, graduating, sticking with the program…. just a tough, tough kid with a huge heart.

Darron Lee and Raekwon McMillan were just monsters at LB – right on schedule. I also liked Shutt’s game. Washington of course has a huge role to play this year. Brewer looked good and I feel horrible for the kid. He might have been able to score more points, but the two big offensive plays for VT were on misdirection throwbacks, and I doubt they would have hit anymore of those. I’d be surprised if the D bites on anymore of those for the rest of the year after last night. Nice playcalls.

The turnovers…. eh. The pick was off a tip drill so I discount that. The muffed punt by EZE was an unusual position for him; once Maclin or Wilson is back that will get cleaned up. I was most disappointed in Dunn, even though the game was over when he fumbled, because I’m concerned that he is already on the outside looking in at RB. Now I think Weber will see action sooner. (Just goes to show that blue chip recruits don’t always work out.) So while I hate to see the turnovers, I didn’t see anything that makes me concerned about anyone major having a bad tendency.

The stutter/shake/shimmy move Michael Thomas put on Fuller to burn him for a TD was magnificent – reminded me of our boy Stevie Johnson! And how about his uncle Keyshawn Johnson participating in the post-game Carmen Ohio wearing a No. 3 jersey? Pretty cool.

It’s a good thing the OSU athletes ended up with so many highlights, because otherwise the entire country would have spent the day laughing at Eli Apple for getting his ankles broke by a fullback!

I’m heading to Cbus next week with the wife and kids to help welcome the team back to the Shoe for the first time since the Michigan game last year. Hard to believe that so much has happened since their last home game. Go Bucks!

Edited by Willyville Guy

Cardale really struggles with the read option, and unfortunately the read option was the best way to counter the VT defense. I was surprised Urban chose him to start only because we had heard the opposite from pretty much everyone even those close to the program. But I like the decision. Jones is a special talent who stretches the defense with his arm. I always said I thought they should stick with him unless he was outperformed in TC. It's just crazy that both QBs are so good. I do get scared when Cardale sometimes just throws the ball up for grabs. But his good plays outweigh those. I think he gives urban an ulcer as well but he will take the risk. After he threw the TD to Curtis Samuel, urban yelled at him when he walked off "why did you throw that?"

Braxton is a witch. That is all.

Darron Lee, "Kwon the Truth" and Michael Thomas are all NFL talents. You can just tell.

Can't wait to see Bosa back this week. Aloha (hello and goodbye) to Hawaii's OL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I didn't think the OL played their best though they didn't allow a sack (quite an improvement over last year's game where they allowed 7). I did see Cardale shake some guys off just because he's so huge that would have been sacks. Love this vine of Taylor Decker -

@RyanGinnBSB: Don't jump in front of Taylor Decker https://t.co/8PolifaEp3

I agree with that. Several people got through only to bounce off Jones, and other times Jones moved well enough when the pocket broke down. Jacoby Boren had a rough outing at center.

i read on Twitter that Boren got hurt early the game but kept playing. I didn't hear it mentioned on the broadcast. I wonder if that was the issue. He has at least two penalties.

Gameday! Beat those rainbow warriors!

i went to the game and had a great time despite the play of the offense and both QBs. They were so sloppy - penalties, etc. I know they only had like 2 days to get ready but they just couldn't get anything going offensively. At least the Silver Bullets came to play!

i went to the game and had a great time despite the play of the offense and both QBs. They were so sloppy - penalties, etc. I know they only had like 2 days to get ready but they just couldn't get anything going offensively. At least the Silver Bullets came to play!

Silver Bullets?

What's up with the QBs?

Silver Bullets?

What's up with the QBs?

silver bullets = nickname for the Buckeye defense (goes back many years)

I think playing 2 games in 5.5 days was hard and I think the chsnge in OC is going to take adjustment. The OL didn't protect well . Mostly I think that Urban needs to just pick a QB and go with it. I will assume all that time spitting reps did not help timing or confidence of either one. There is no need to smokescreen anymore on who the QB will be. Just pick one.

I had a great time at the game, too. It was a beautiful day and I love all the game day rituals -- especially when the alumni band is there to do four script Ohios. As for the game, well, it feels so wrong to feel so bad about a 38-0 win, but the oline and penalties definitely need to be addressed. I love Darron Lee but there was absolutely no reason or excuse for leveling the punter in the end zone like that. Jones was clearly out of rhythm, and I don’t know whom to blame for the mishandled snaps, but for now I’m still okay with switching out the QBs depending on the situation. Gotta trust Urban on that one.

On the bright side, good to see Bosa and Marshall out there again. There were plenty of good plays, and the defense delivered a shutout. 38-0 is a friggin’ fantastic result. If the team and coaches make themselves miserable about a win like that, then I’m concerned that Urban will dive himself crazy with anxiety again and bad things will start to happen. One of the best and most likeable parts about this team is how loose they remain when the lights are brightest. I hope it stays that way, for everyone’s sake.

silver bullets = nickname for the Buckeye defense (goes back many years)

I think playing 2 games in 5.5 days was hard and I think the chsnge in OC is going to take adjustment. The OL didn't protect well . Mostly I think that Urban needs to just pick a QB and go with it. I will assume all that time spitting reps did not help timing or confidence of either one. There is no need to smokescreen anymore on who the QB will be. Just pick one.

yep