GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

How do you bump a team out of the #3 spot and put a #5 ranked team in it? Heck, numbers 1-4 all won... Sorry OSU, that would be totally unjust if you got in. The top 4 teams ranked should go as they stand now. OSU is the odd man out. How many cracks have they had @ The Big Game and they laid a turd (2007 & 2008) totally embarrassing themselves. Then wasn't their program corrupt just a few short years ago? Keep them out. It would be unprecedented if they bounced one of the 4 top teams to give a sympathy screw to OSU. TCU is #3 and thumped their opponent and did what they had to do. On another note, FSU should be #1. How they aren't #1 is beyond me. An undefeated reigning National Champion not in it, not #1 seed? You gotta be kidding me. Sorry, OSU you picked a bad year to be good and attempt to be relevant. Better luck next year.

If the NCAA does something weird, the new system is then more corrupt/rigged than it ever was.

How do you bump a team out of the #3 spot and put a #5 ranked team in it? Heck, numbers 1-4 all won... Sorry OSU, that would be totally unjust if you got in. The top 4 teams ranked should go as they stand now. OSU is the odd man out. How many cracks have they had @ The Big Game and they laid a turd (2007 & 2008) totally embarrassing themselves. Then wasn't their program corrupt just a few short years ago? Keep them out. It would be unprecedented if they bounced one of the 4 top teams to give a sympathy screw to OSU. TCU is #3 and thumped their opponent and did what they had to do. On another note, FSU should be #1. How they aren't #1 is beyond me. An undefeated reigning National Champion not in it, not #1 seed? You gotta be kidding me. Sorry, OSU you picked a bad year to be good and attempt to be relevant. Better luck next year.

If the NCAA does something weird, the new system is then more corrupt/rigged than it ever was.

sorry you are so bitter about OSU for some reason.

I think there is a good chance they get in the playoff. They could very well bump TCU. There does not need to be "precedent" because this is the first year of the CFB playoff committee. At this point, there isn't any precedent of anything. They have said all along that it is a week to week decision. They start over with the top 4 every week. They are going to compare the resumes of OSU, TCU, and Baylor and choose the team they think is the best today.

OSU: Won outright title, played extra game, 7 wins over teams with winning records, didn't play FCS foe (like Baylor & TCU)

Wins vs currently-ranked Top 25 teams (assuming Oklahoma falls out with loss to Ok St)

Ohio State: 2

Baylor: 2

TCU: 1

Wins vs bowl-eligible teams:

Ohio State: 9

TCU: 6

Baylor: 5

Ohio State beat 7 FBS teams with winning records, TCU beat 4 and Baylor beat 3. Yes, Buckeyes have the "worst loss" among them. That was 3 months ago. They aren't playing the playoff games 3 months ago. Nor are they playing it 7 years ago, when they lost the title game, or 4 years ago, when Pryor exchanged his own memorabilia for tattoo discounts. Wow, so corrupt. I have no idea why you think any of that matters regarding the 2014 team. Different coaches and players.

The committee is made up of humans, not computers. They know this:

Brutal destructions of a Heisman Trophy campaign:

Ohio State: 1 (Melvin Gordon III)

Baylor and TCU: LOL WUT?

Reactions to losing two Heisman candidates in one season:

Ohio State: Win championship.

Baylor and TCU: *fetal position*

National titles won by current HC:

OSU - 2

Baylor - 0

TCU - 0

Personally I won't be upset if they don't get in. There are only 4 spots. They are starting 11 freshmen and sophomores and have 3 QBs. Urban is just getting started. But the "attempt to be relevant" comment is the best. Their relevancy is exactly why everyone thinks they will get in!

Edited by YoloinOhio

sorry you are so bitter about OSU for some reason.

I think there is a good chance they get in the playoff. They could very well bump TCU. There does not need to be "precedent" because this is the first year of the CFB playoff committee. At this point, there isn't any precedent of anything. They have said all along that it is a week to week decision. They start over with the top 4 every week. They are going to compare the resumes of OSU, TCU, and Baylor and choose the team they think is the best today.

OSU: Won outright title, played extra game, 7 wins over teams with winning records, didn't play FCS foe (like Baylor & TCU)

Wins vs currently-ranked Top 25 teams (assuming Oklahoma falls out with loss to Ok St)

Ohio State: 2

Baylor: 2

TCU: 1

Wins vs bowl-eligible teams:

Ohio State: 9

TCU: 6

Baylor: 5

Ohio State beat 7 FBS teams with winning records, TCU beat 4 and Baylor beat 3. Yes, Buckeyes have the "worst loss" among them. That was 3 months ago. They aren't playing the playoff games 3 months ago. Nor are they playing it 7 years ago, when they lost the title game, or 4 years ago, when Pryor exchanged his own memorabilia for tattoo discounts. Wow, so corrupt. I have no idea why you think any of that matters regarding the 2014 team. Different coaches and players.

The committee is made up of humans, not computers. They know this:

Brutal destructions of a Heisman Trophy campaign:

Ohio State: 1 (Melvin Gordon III)

Baylor and TCU: LOL WUT?

Reactions to losing two Heisman candidates in one season:

Ohio State: Win championship.

Baylor and TCU: *fetal position*

National titles won by current HC:

OSU - 2

Baylor - 0

TCU - 0

Personally I won't be upset if they don't get in. There are only 4 spots. They are starting 11 freshmen and sophomores and have 3 QBs. Urban is just getting started. But the "attempt to be relevant" comment is the best. Their relevancy is exactly why everyone thinks they will get in!

Wow... I am not bitter... I actually root for OSU. But something smells rotten if some "commitee" is out there bumping off one of the 4 top teams that didn't lose. If one of those teams lost this weekend... I could see. Since they didn't, they all get in. Plain and simple.

Anyway... This new system is even worse than the old. And some thought the old ranking system was bad... Now it just added that everything is rigged, not just the two on top.

I know I made the relevant comment, but was OSU punished a few years ago? I would think that would weigh heavy... Earn their way back to the top by falling on the sword, sucking up their lumps for bad behavior? They shouldn't even be pushing for this. Just say: "Thank you Sir, whatever you give me, may I have another." ;-P ;-P

Oh well...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Wow... I am not bitter... I actually root for OSU. But something smells rotten if some "commitee" is out there bumping off one of the 4 top teams that didn't lose. If one of those teams lost this weekend... I could see. Since they didn't, they all get in. Plain and simple.

Anyway... This new system is even worse than the old. And some thought the old ranking system was bad... Now it just added that everything is rigged, not just the two on top.

I know I made the relevant comment, but was OSU punished a few years ago? I would think that would weigh heavy... Earn their way back to the top by falling on the sword, sucking up their lumps for bad behavior? They shouldn't even be pushing for this. Just say: "Thank you Sir, whatever you give me, may I have another." ;-P ;-P

Oh well...

yes they were punished. They had a postseason ban in 2012, when they were undefeated. The ban is long over. They already served the NCAA penalty. What would that have to do with whether they qualify for this year's playoff?

What would that have to do with whether they qualify for this year's playoff?

To give TCU the benefit of doubt. They were #3 and didn't lose... They thumped their opponent too and fell to #6! What should they have done? Needed to do? Score 100 against the Cyclones? They are not a "convicted felon" like OU is... It was just 2 short years ago, the same program is basically in place. I know they did their time. The NCAA pandered to big money, yet they spank it when it doesn't fit their image. They needed to act righteously and they failed to, they acted in what's best for their pocketbook.

I wonder if the Wisconsin coaches were in on it when the game got out of hand?

This new system just shows how people should be careful what they wish for... It is even more corrupt now. NCAA pandered to the Big Ten... TCU and the status quo would have been the wholesome route for the NCAA. Unfortunately the system is corrupted by scandel and money.

To give TCU the benefit of doubt. They were #3 and didn't lose... They thumped their opponent too and fell to #6! What should they have done? Needed to do? Score 100 against the Cyclones? They are not a "convicted felon" like OU is... It was just 2 short years ago, the same program is basically in place. I know they did their time. The NCAA pandered to big money, yet they spank it when it doesn't fit their image. They needed to act righteously and they failed to, they acted in what's best for their pocketbook.

I wonder if the Wisconsin coaches were in on it when the game got out of hand?

This new system just shows how people should be careful what they wish for... It is even more corrupt now. NCAA pandered to the Big Ten... TCU and the status quo would have been the wholesome route for the NCAA. Unfortunately the system is corrupted by scandel and money.

blame the Big 12 for not naming a conf champ.

If they had though, it would have been Baylor. H2h.

The committee explained from the beginning that the resumes change each week for each team. It is not a "poll." They start from scratch on who they think are the 4 best each week. Unfortunately for TCU they had no good wins. Their last game was against a 2-9 team and their best non conf game was Minnesota, an afterthought in the big 10. Baylor had a better win this weekend with kstate, but played no teams out of conference. Samford, northwestern state and UB aren't good enough.

Big 12 needs to get a couple more teams and have a champ game.

Just read the convicted felon part - what are you talking about?

And it was not 2 years ago. 2 years ago was the bowl ban.

It is not at all the same program. Do you even have the right school (OU)?

You do know it was Tressel, correct? Been gone since 2011? Pryor? Left school in 2011? None of the players involved have been here in years. All 5 are in the NFL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

blame the Big 12 for not naming a conf champ.

If they had though, it would have been Baylor. H2h.

The committee explained from the beginning that the resumes change each week for each team. It is not a "poll." They start from scratch on who they think are the 4 best each week. Unfortunately for TCU they had no good wins. Their last game was against a 2-9 team and their best non conf game was Minnesota, an afterthought in the big 10. Baylor had a better win this weekend with kstate, but played no teams out of conference. Samford, northwestern state and UB aren't good enough.

Big 12 needs to get a couple more teams and have a champ game.

Sort by "last game & non-conferemce" is so arbitrary. Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't go near the non-conf point; considering said Big10 afterthought (aka their 4th best team) is a whole lot better than the ACC afterthought you lost to by double digits at home.

Sort by "last game & non-conferemce" is so arbitrary. Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't go near the non-conf point; considering said Big10 afterthought (aka their 4th best team) is a whole lot better than the ACC afterthought you lost to by double digits at home.

osu's non conf schedule was better. Sorry. Was it good? Not really. But it was better than either of theirs. Btw Minnesota was an opponent of OSU as well so doesn't matter.

osu's non conf schedule was better. Sorry. Was it good? Not really. But it was better than either of theirs. Btw Minnesota was an opponent of OSU as well so doesn't matter.

Are you distinguishing between conf play and non-conf or not? I think it's pointless because your schedule is your schedule but you insist on focusing on non-conf. OK fine. But wait Minnesota is a common opponent so doesn't count! So if tOSU played a real team like K-St or OU instead of Cincy & Kent St that wouldn't count. But those junk teams being less junky than others totally outweighs a 14pt loss to a sub .500 ACC team at home.

In conclusion, you want to schedule soft teams that people have heard of but make sure they don't play in conferences that are likely to have other playoff contenders because then they won't count.

Are you distinguishing between conf play and non-conf or not? I think it's pointless because your schedule is your schedule but you insist on focusing on non-conf. OK fine. But wait Minnesota is a common opponent so doesn't count! So if tOSU played a real team like K-St or OU instead of Cincy & Kent St that wouldn't count. But those junk teams being less junky than others totally outweighs a 14pt loss to a sub .500 ACC team at home.

In conclusion, you want to schedule soft teams that people have heard of but make sure they don't play in conferences that are likely to have other playoff contenders because then they won't count.

what are you talking about...

OSU got chosen over TCU because of more wins, beat more bowl eligible teams, conference champs & better wins. Also best *overall* SOS of top 6 behind only Bama.

Edited by YoloinOhio

the committee did take that into consideration. If they didn't, OSU would have been ranked higher than 4. Why didn't it knock them out? OSU lost its starting Heisman candidate QB 10 days before the season. That was the 2nd game for a freshman who had not taken a snap since his jr yr of HS as he was hurt his sr yr. They had 4 new starters on the OL. The team is completely different now. Why decide who who should make the playoff, being played in January, based on how a team looked 4 months before that? You can hate it if you want, but it is the process of human beings on ther committee who actually - get this - watch the games - making the decisions instead of computers that you seem caught up in. Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

• 1 month later...

Just an unbelievable run to end the season. I haven’t been able to concentrate on anything else since, well, the Michigan game! All the adversity, the teamwork, the chip on their shoulders, super sophomores and the emergence of current and future stars on both sides of the ball, the return of the Silver Bullets, the redemption of Luke Fickell, staying loose and full of humor throughout the playoffs, beating Saban, winning the National Championship....

Happy for Buckeye Nation – and hopeful we’ll be able to celebrate a championship for the Bills someday.

Just an unbelievable run to end the season. I havent been able to concentrate on anything else since, well, the Michigan game! All the adversity, the teamwork, the chip on their shoulders, super sophomores and the emergence of current and future stars on both sides of the ball, the return of the Silver Bullets, the redemption of Luke Fickell, staying loose and full of humor throughout the playoffs, beating Saban, winning the National Championship....

Happy for Buckeye Nation and hopeful well be able to celebrate a championship for the Bills someday.

i hope so too. Every die hard fan of every team deserves to have the feeling of a champion.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yP_ORfAJU

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...