The #2 Backup QB spot is up for grabs - who do you want?

Backup QB Competition  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hope wins the backup QB spot?

• Thad Lewis
    • Jeff Tuel

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...That might be true...but he's still a better prospect than Lewis. Tuel was a rookie last year and a undrafted free agent.

I don't agree, sorry. I think Thad is a better QB, Tuel looked like garbage in the Browns game(I don't remember a Bills QB looking worse than that in quite a while) and the KC game e was vg at best.

The backup QB situation is my biggest complaint about the FO. After last year I would have hoped we would have at least tried to bring in a competent veteran backup for EJ. Both Tuel and Thad are pretty bad.

Vick, Schaub, or Fitz would have been much better options if EJ goes down. When we trade up for a WR and give up next a years 1, it's win now mode. Having Tuel or Thad under center immediately blows that up. I'm confident Vick, Schaub, and Fitz (in that order) would have been much better in a fill in role.

I like Tuel, but his ball seems to float. Is that because he's displaying "touch", or a noodle arm? Anyone recall him really zipping a ball into a tight space. Thad is a gamer! I like the way he popped up after being beaten like a rag doll (although watching our QB getting trashed like that was unpleasant). Limited upside maybe, but gutsy.

I don't agree, sorry. I think Thad is a better QB, Tuel looked like garbage in the Browns game(I don't remember a Bills QB looking worse than that in quite a while) and the KC game e was vg at best.

IMO a quarterback named EJ gave Tuel a good run for the money in the Tampa bay game last year "for a quarterback looking worse than that".

Lewis is barely three years older than Tuel. Lewis looked better in games last year that Tuel. Lewis has a better arm and I believe a better feel for the game than Tuel. Thus, Lewis has more upside. He's not 40 on the downside of his career. They both have room to grow and Lewis is the better QB right now.

Tuel showed almost nothing outside of the preseason to say he has any upside at all.

Edited by FutureBillsGM

Lewis is barely three years older than Tuel. Lewis looked better in games last year that Tuel. Lewis has a better arm and I believe a better feel for the game than Tuel. Thus, Lewis has more upside. He's not 40 on the downside of his career. They both have room to grow and Lewis is the better QB right now.

Tuel showed almost nothing outside of the preseason to say he has any upside at all.

....Lewis looked better to YOU..not to me. Both Miami games were won by the defense

I would be very happy with Lewis as a backup. I played above anybody's expectations last year. Of course he needs to earn it, but I don't see that being a problem. He's a better quarterback than Tuel. I like Lewis' game.