EJ put on 10 lbs of muscle in offseason

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not only is it possibly to strengthen both your knees and the muscles around them. You can add to your ligament and tendon strength as well. By adding a few key ingredients to your diet in regular to intense workouts your be amazed.

This is why I mix Jello in to my milk at least once or twice a week if not daily. The collagen and gelatins making up Jello are 16 times more then your average GNC supplement. And they blow steaks and meat out of the water.

Bc I am lazy I will ask rather than research...

What are the benefits to collagen and gelatins

Bc I am lazy I will ask rather than research...

What are the benefits to collagen and gelatins

Stronger bones for one--actually there's all kinds of untold benefits to consuming them on a daily basis. Ask the guys in the Box o' Shout about my championing of bone broth. I drink a cup every day--and that stuff is packed with collagen.

I give it to my kids when they get a sniffle and it stops it dead in its tracks.

Stronger bones for one--actually there's all kinds of untold benefits to consuming them on a daily basis. Ask the guys in the Box o' Shout about my championing of bone broth. I drink a cup every day--and that stuff is packed with collagen.

I give it to my kids when they get a sniffle and it stops it dead in its tracks.

Chicken bones? Just simmered with water? Edited by YoloinOhio

Please explain... Where do I procure such anecdote?

Chicken bones? Just simmered with water?

I'll use chicken bones, sure. Most of the time it's a hodgepodge of various bones I have on hand. I always buy bone-in meat, cook it on the bone, and then keep them in a freezer container. Once I've got enough bones to fill up my 6-quart crock pot, I pack 'em in there and add some seasonings (salt and herbs mostly).

Cover with water and set on the lowest heat setting. Cook on this setting for 24 hours, strain, and cool. You'll know you've got a good bone broth if there's all kinds of gelatinous material in there.

I generally store it in half-gallon containers and keep one thawed at all times. I drink about a cup per day (just heat in the microwave until warm and drink).

The flavor is usually pretty intense, so it may take some getting used to, but the health benefits will be apparent almost immediately.

Please explain... Where do I procure such anecdote?

See above...you can also go to a local farm and buy some soup bones pretty cheap. The farm I go to has soup bones from grass fed cows for $2.49/lb; you really only need 3 or 4 bones of that size to make a potent bone broth.

I understand but if EJ isn't a dual-threat QB then what is he good for? there are better "pocket passers" out there. EJ was successful in college because he was dual-threat

I would rather see him running ala Andrew Luck style......notice how Luck gets those "sneaky" yards but doesnt expose himself to open field hits?

You want the THREAT of EJ running without him actually doing it much......defenses working to contain him in the pocket slows down their pass rush.....and EJ has the size to see over and between the spacing of the offensive linemen and work from the pocket.

Working from the pocket = less chance of injury

I'll use chicken bones, sure. Most of the time it's a hodgepodge of various bones I have on hand. I always buy bone-in meat, cook it on the bone, and then keep them in a freezer container. Once I've got enough bones to fill up my 6-quart crock pot, I pack 'em in there and add some seasonings (salt and herbs mostly).

Cover with water and set on the lowest heat setting. Cook on this setting for 24 hours, strain, and cool. You'll know you've got a good bone broth if there's all kinds of gelatinous material in there.

I generally store it in half-gallon containers and keep one thawed at all times. I drink about a cup per day (just heat in the microwave until warm and drink).

The flavor is usually pretty intense, so it may take some getting used to, but the health benefits will be apparent almost immediately.

See above...you can also go to a local farm and buy some soup bones pretty cheap. The farm I go to has soup bones from grass fed cows for $2.49/lb; you really only need 3 or 4 bones of that size to make a potent bone broth.

Thanks Bandit. I usually make a turkey broth after Thanksgiving but that's just fora soup and I have - gasp - tossed the gelatin part.

OK - sorry for the tangent.

I'll stick to Bud-Lite

I understand but if EJ isn't a dual-threat QB then what is he good for? there are better "pocket passers" out there. EJ was successful in college because he was dual-threat

He really wasn't that much of a dual threat in college. He was a much better passer than a runner. In his college career he averaged less than 3 yards a carry. Now he is in the NFL where everyone is faster, and it is harder for a QB to run. that isn't going to win you many games if you are expecting your QB running with the ball is going to be a big part of his game. Honestly, the only time he should run with the ball is short yardage situations and maybe some redzone stuff.

What he really should be doing with his body and athleticism is using it to extend plays like how big ben does it. With a better oline, speedy receivers, if he can get an extra second by using his body, he could be lethal even if his accuracy hasn't improved.

If I'm playing against EJ, I'm just going to blitz him every play. He gets frazzled under pressure. He needs to use his athleticism to get out of trouble and either extend plays or if there is nobody there then take off and safely pick up some yards.

I hope this is a good thing.

Adding muscle isn't always a great thing for quarterbacks.

I know it's not the same thing..... but Tyler Myers added a bunch of weight after his excellent rookie season, and it took him a long time to make the adjustment.