Know anyone with a disease? Read this

13 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Are you for or against studying the compounds within marijuana for medical benefit? 

For.

I"m against the mammoth stupidity of people who confuse "laboratory trials" with "cures disease."  Laboratory trials don't mean **** when it comes to medicine.

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

For.

I"m against the mammoth stupidity of people who confuse "laboratory trials" with "cures disease."  Laboratory trials don't mean **** when it comes to medicine.

Good.

Of course.

However, laboratory trials are extremely important in identifying which drug compound/biologic/etc. is safe for human clinical trials. There is also Nonclinical Toxicology research (Lab trials) that oftentimes do not include human subjects (usually use rats) due to safety, time constraints, or a lack of population for an actual trial. Dosing effects from this Nonclinical research, for example, on mutagenesis, fertility, carcinogenesis, are often included in the label of medications.

Edited by garybusey

On 8/5/2017 at 6:55 PM, Bob in Mich said:

Know anyone with a disease? Read this

That is the title. It is not pot cures everything or that pot cures all disease, as some of you morons continue to claim. It says, if you know anyone with a disease, read this.

Why? Because the knowledge may help you or someone you know, dipshit! Because the endocannabinoid system is involved in a great many bodily processes. It is an intercellular communications network that was not discovered until relatively recently. As stated in one of my first posts, cannabinoids were not researched for the past 75 years and so may be involved in some of the more confounding diseases afflicting us.

If I could expand the title I would add .... Know anyone with a Disease? Read this (unless you are too ignorant to understand new information)

Just now, bbb said:

If I'm too ignorant to understand new information will smoking pot cure that? 

They have already determined it is the cure for everything no matter what can be found by means of science

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, garybusey said:

Good.

Of course.

However, laboratory trials are extremely important in identifying which drug compound/biologic/etc. is safe for human clinical trials. There is also Nonclinical Toxicology research (Lab trials) that oftentimes do not include human subjects (usually use rats) due to safety, time constraints, or a lack of population for an actual trial. Dosing effects from this Nonclinical research, for example, on mutagenesis, fertility, carcinogenesis, are often included in the label of medications.

Paper published this week - in Nature, I think - that describes how 100 years of laboratory trials on immunology have to be questioned and basically thrown out, because it turns out they were all done on laboratory mice born and raised in sterile environments...and it turns out you need microbial exposure to properly develop an immune system.  :doh:

50 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Paper published this week - in Nature, I think - that describes how 100 years of laboratory trials on immunology have to be questioned and basically thrown out, because it turns out they were all done on laboratory mice born and raised in sterile environments...and it turns out you need microbial exposure to properly develop an immune system.  :doh:

I read that as well. Pretty fascinating stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

Schumer Bill Would De-schedule Cannabis Nationwide

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/huge-news-schumer-bill-would-deschedule-cannabis-nationwide

In a move with huge potential implications, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), the Senate minority leader, said earlier today that he plans to introduce a bill to deschedule cannabis nationwide. More powerful than decriminalization, descheduling cannabis would get the federal government out of the cannabis prohibition business altogether.

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/11/2018 at 12:38 PM, DC Tom said:

or that every study is biased towards what the funding wanted it to find?

29 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yes, it's a conspiracy by Big Immunology.  :rolleyes:

the best thing to do in science is come up with something that is not provable but EVERYONE suddenly agrees THIS IS THE ANSWER!!! even without peer reviews or spending a few months actually understanding it....

4 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Schumer Bill Would De-schedule Cannabis Nationwide

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/huge-news-schumer-bill-would-deschedule-cannabis-nationwide

In a move with huge potential implications, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), the Senate minority leader, said earlier today that he plans to introduce a bill to deschedule cannabis nationwide. More powerful than decriminalization, descheduling cannabis would get the federal government out of the cannabis prohibition business altogether.

This is a common sense step in the right direction both majority parties should be able to agree on.

A disease..... a friends young daughter just went though battling cancer and it involved such a horror show of treatment.

so people without the will to stop smoking or drinking feel they can jibber jabber in her presence and say they understand, because they have a disease just like her?

19 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don't know... 

Addiction is a disease.

What addiction are you referring to?

19 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Doesn't belong in this , though, as it has nothing to do with "disease."

I'm not sure about this.  It has to do with politicians and metal illness is a disease.  

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What addiction are you referring to?

I'm not sure about this.  It has to do with politicians and metal illness is a disease.  

Metal illness? I've heard of metal fatigue, but I'm a little rusty about it. Is that what you're talking about?