What is better, no guns, or more guns?

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

“Violence is caused by Dems, that’s why the deadliest counties in America are not in states controlled by Dems”

Buddy, it’s just an absolutely terrible argument. 

Violence is a local problem, not a national problem, or even a state problem. There are more murders in some week in Downtown Orlando then have occurred in my area in the past 20 years combined, and that is only 20 minutes away. If I live in Williamsville vs West Buffalo the crime rates are not similar, but all the high crime areas are run by Dems. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Violence is a local problem, not a national problem, or even a state problem. There are more murders in some week in Downtown Orlando then have occurred in my area in the past 20 years combined, and that is only 20 minutes away. If I live in Williamsville vs West Buffalo the crime rates are not similar, but all the high crime areas are run by Dems. 

Bolded part is wrong. State and national laws and policies influence local outcomes.

If violence is the fault of Dems, why are the most dangerous places in the country NOT in states run by the Dems?

• Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Bolded part is wrong. State and national laws and policies influence local outcomes.

If violence is the fault of Dems, why are the most dangerous places in the country NOT in states run by the Dems?

Maybe we can't even agree on a simply concept that violence is very prevalent in some areas of the US and basically non existent in others. If we can't agree on that we can't agree

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

This is a lie.  Take a walk down Clinton Ave in Rochester some warm Saturday night.  You'll see plenty of violence and surely be a victim of it as well.  Six people murdered last weekend alone. Another teen killed in a stolen Kia roll-over.  What a mess.    

• Like (+1) 1

You'll Never Guess What Victorinox Is Removing from Its Iconic Swiss Army Knife

STEPHEN GREEN 

It's a steak and salad without the steak. It's Wham! without George Michael*. It's Presidentish Joe Biden without his teleprompter. Hell, it might even be Biden with his teleprompter.

It's a Swiss Army knife... without that bothersome knife part.

Swiss firm Victorinox has made a huge assortment of its iconic pocket knives for more than a century, going all the way back to 1897. Depending on the size, you might find everything from a can opener to a saw to a magnifying glass and even surprisingly sharp little scissors.

The one thing — two things, actually — you could count on finding in the bigger models were a longer blade of almost three inches and a shorter blade an inch or so long. 

Until now. In Britain. That's where Victorinox will soon introduce "the first range of bladeless products designed specifically for activities where a blade would not be required," according to the Guardian. The reason, if you hadn't already guessed, is to combat ("Word choice!") "what an English judge last week called the 'plague of knife crime.'"

Have they not considered what someone could do with the hole punch found on many of the larger models?

“In some markets," Carl Elsener, the fourth-generation CEO of Victorinox explained, "the blade creates an image of a weapon. I have in mind creating a tool that would be useful for cyclists. Cyclists have a need for specific tools but not necessarily a blade,” he said. “We already have a tool specifically for golfers.”

If you've never owned a Swiss Army knife, you should know that the blades don't lock, so you wouldn't want to try to stab someone with one. Most likely, the blade would fold in, slicing the would-be stabber's fingers right open. But facts hardly matter in the increasingly kindergarten-like, multicultural, and once-great country known as Great Britain. 

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/05/08/youll-never-guess-what-victorinox-is-removing-from-its-iconic-swiss-army-knife-n4928847

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Me thinly the king goose never leaves it's ivory tower.  

But for good reason.  In that city you stand a good chance of being a victim of our after hours 

Nah, I just use data instead of making stuff up.

It makes conservatives upset and confused, but that's on them.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nah, I just use data instead of making stuff up.

It makes conservatives upset and confused, but that's on them.

Your posting proves that false.  Even though parts of chi town are not on the top ten most violent counties.  It's up there with the rest of the Dem strongholds. 

You don't go out after dark, eh

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Your posting proves that false.  Even though parts of chi town are not on the top ten most violent counties.  It's up there with the rest of the Dem strongholds. 

You don't go out after dark, eh

Me: here's the data that shows that gun violence is strongly correlated with the availability of guns. Here's some additional data showing that there are effective gun laws that reduce gun violence and deaths.

Galaxy brained geniuses: Nuh uh. Number go big in one spot.

On 5/8/2024 at 2:33 PM, ChiGoose said:

Me: here's the data that shows that gun violence is strongly correlated with the availability of guns. Here's some additional data showing that there are effective gun laws that reduce gun violence and deaths.

Galaxy brained geniuses: Nuh uh. Number go big in one spot.

Do you believe that south Chicago is safer than suburban Orlando for gun safety? We have far more guns here per person than there and more legal access but are much safer. You are truly cherry picking data to believe what you do, but keep pretending.

38 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do you believe that south Chicago is safer than suburban Orlando for gun safety? We have far more guns here per person than there and more legal access but are much safer. You are truly cherry picking data to believe what you do, but keep pretending.

It’s a bit on the nose for you to accuse me of cherry picking data while literally picking two specific locations to make a dumb point instead of looking at the data. 

More guns = more gun deaths. The data proves it. It’s only a partisan thing because you want it to be. 

23 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It’s a bit on the nose for you to accuse me of cherry picking data while literally picking two specific locations to make a dumb point instead of looking at the data. 

More guns = more gun deaths. The data proves it. It’s only a partisan thing because you want it to be. 

Letr ask you in a general sense- can you name one liberal city center that is safer then it's more conservative suburban areas? 

15 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Letr ask you in a general sense- can you name one liberal city center that is safer then it's more conservative suburban areas? 

Let me ask you in a general sense - if Dems cause crime, why are the most dangerous counties in the country not in states run by the Dems?

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Let me ask you in a general sense - if Dems cause crime, why are the most dangerous counties in the country not in states run by the Dems?

You keep asking, I keep answering, but you don't like the truth, State laws do not matter to criminals, what matters is how citizens react to bad things happening in their neighborhoods. I find it hilarious that you  are holding onto one fact as your defense now and can't give me one example of a liberal area surrounded by conservatives where the Dem area is safer, not one. 

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Since you brought up data. Who’s doing the shooting? Is there a specific group of people who commit a higher percentage of the shooting crimes? Come on dive into the data 

54 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You keep asking, I keep answering, but you don't like the truth, State laws do not matter to criminals, what matters is how citizens react to bad things happening in their neighborhoods. I find it hilarious that you  are holding onto one fact as your defense now and can't give me one example of a liberal area surrounded by conservatives where the Dem area is safer, not one. 

You answer but your answer makes no sense and isn’t backed by reality or data. 

I find it hilarious that you accuse *me* of cherry picking when that’s all you’ve got. It’s literally what you’re doing right now. 

We know state laws do have impacts on crime, studies show this. You ignore it because it doesn’t fit the answer you want to be true. 

If Dems caused violence, NYC would be the most violent place in the country. The most dangerous places would be ones controlled entirely by the Dems. But they aren’t, so you’re just flat wrong. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Since you brought up data. Who’s doing the shooting? Is there a specific group of people who commit a higher percentage of the shooting crimes? Come on dive into the data 

The ones with the guns. 

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

You answer but your answer makes no sense and isn’t backed by reality or data. 

I find it hilarious that you accuse *me* of cherry picking when that’s all you’ve got. It’s literally what you’re doing right now. 

We know state laws do have impacts on crime, studies show this. You ignore it because it doesn’t fit the answer you want to be true. 

If Dems caused violence, NYC would be the most violent place in the country. The most dangerous places would be ones controlled entirely by the Dems. But they aren’t, so you’re just flat wrong. 

The ones with the guns. 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/72/wr/mm7226a9.htm