What is better, no guns, or more guns?

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Red flag laws. Use AI to flag posts like he made and immediately show up and confiscate weapons/mandatory mental wellness check 

As you can see - there is ZERO reasoning with these gun nuts.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

AI? You want a software program make a decision on what rights we can have or can't have? 

Again, what do we know about the Louisville kid that would warrant LEO going into his home and removing his 2A rights? His anti-Trump posts? 

I guess you're in support of US Government invading our privacy more than they already are? You're good with the Patriot Act? Listening to Americans in their homes? Communism? 

No, Mostly the ones where he said he was going to commit a shooting. 

You have no solutions to the problem. Like it or not, it’s going to happen. 

15 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do you mean his anti Trump posts? Or which posts in particular? 

The ones where he said he was going to commit a shooting lmao 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

No, Mostly the ones where he said he was going to commit a shooting. 

You have no solutions to the problem. Like it or not, it’s going to happen. 

Not a "gotcha" at all, a real question: Where did he say he was going to "Commit a shooting"? 

I've already talked about, at length, what I'd do to help protect our kids in school on this very thread. That includes more 'in depth' backgrounds for those under a certain age, expanding NICS to go back to sealed juvenile history. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Did u seriously post this? You have no legs to stand on. Lieutenant dan!

Absolutely - there is ZERO reasoning with gun nuts. 

You have accepted that our kids and Americans are not worth protecting because playing GI Joe is more important.

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

How did those people get the guns? Who is legislating for little regulation?

Within the next 10-15 years, high-powered rifles will be banned. It's coming. 

you know they are banned in NY?  

Never mind people on your block have them though.

59 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Red flag laws. Use AI to flag posts like he made and immediately show up and confiscate weapons/mandatory mental wellness check 

LOL, you a revcom guy?

they all think AI is the new government. its why it will work this time. the computers will ensure no greed with AI.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

What happened to lawn darts?

same thing as quaaludes.

its funny how some things can be banned. others you can still get when the state bans them.

BTW, few minutes searching and plenty of places sell the pointy lawn Jarts.

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

How did those people get the guns? Who is legislating for little regulation?

Within the next 10-15 years, high-powered rifles will be banned. It's coming. 

Huh? 

What is a "high-powered rifle"? 

You think we are going to ban the Remington 700? Henry 30-30? Etc? 

Not going to happen dude. Ever.  

19 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

you know they are banned in NY?  

Never mind people on your block have them though.

LOL, you a revcom guy?

they all think AI is the new government. its why it will work this time. the computers will ensure no greed with AI.

I don't think he knows what a "high power rifle" is. Every hunting rifle in the WORLD is a "high power rifle". 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Absolutely - there is ZERO reasoning with gun nuts. 

You have accepted that our kids and Americans are not worth protecting because playing GI Joe is more important.

The only thing i have accepted is that you are a complete moron. Have a great day!

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Huh? 

What is a "high-powered rifle"? 

You think we are going to ban the Remington 700? Henry 30-30? Etc? 

Not going to happen dude. Ever.  

I don't think he knows what a "high power rifle" is. Every hunting rifle in the WORLD is a "high power rifle". 

You know exactly what I mean. High-powered, semi-auto, military-style rifles, like what have been used in every single targeted mass shooting like this. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

AI? You want a software program make a decision on what rights we can have or can't have? 

Again, what do we know about the Louisville kid that would warrant LEO going into his home and removing his 2A rights? His anti-Trump posts? 

I guess you're in support of US Government invading our privacy more than they already are? You're good with the Patriot Act? Listening to Americans in their homes? Communism? 

I'm being realistic. There are too many posts per day - billions - that have to be sorted to. Use an algorithm to flag certain words in certain orders and trigger a police review and response. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You know exactly what I mean. High-powered, semi-auto, military-style rifles, like what have been used in every single targeted mass shooting like this. 

I'm being realistic. There are too many posts per day - billions - that have to be sorted to. Use an algorithm to flag certain words in certain orders and trigger a police review and response. 

Just social media, or phones as well?

SMH

Don't look up things like Virginia Tech when saying every single one.

So your cool with the gun as long as it doesn't look military, ie. black?

still not much of a definition.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You know exactly what I mean. High-powered, semi-auto, military-style rifles, like what have been used in every single targeted mass shooting like this

That's the thing... they haven't been used in every mass shooting. 

Handguns & shotguns are just as powerful and do as much damage (if not more in some many cases) as an "assault rifle" (again, which is really only burst or full-auto weapons. AR-15 is not one of those). 

Va Tech (worst school shooting in American history): Pistols (9mm and .22LR)

Luby's: Pistols (two 9mm)

San Ysidro McDonald's: Shotgun and two pistols

UT Tower: Remington 700 (bolt action)

Ft. Hood: Pistols (5.7mm and .357)

Edmond Post Office: Pistols (.45 and .22LR)

Binghamton shooting: Pistols (.45 and 9mm)

These are 7 of the top 16 worst "mass shootings" in American history. You're just incorrect. You can try to ban a weapon used in around 350-400 deaths a year and what's going to happen? They'll just use a pistol and/or a shotgun. Or they can do what the guy did in Austin, get at a high vantage point with a bolt action and do a massive amount of damage with a round 10x more powerful than a 5.56 (AR-15).

And as for the AI... sorta like Facebook when it comes to their "Community Standards"? You make a sarcastic post and get banned for 2 months? I know a guy who replied to a thread in a local "Rants and Raves" when someone complained that a teenager 'left his trash' on the local creek beach. This person just ranted and ranted. Then the guy I know said "Maybe we should just kill them!" as a joke. BANNED for 2 months. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Roundybout said:

I thought all of that stuff was written yesterday morning, which is well after he had bought the gun. I am for red flag laws but by that point it was too late.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

That's the thing... they haven't been used in every mass shooting. 

Handguns & shotguns are just as powerful and do as much damage (if not more in some many cases) as an "assault rifle" (again, which is really only burst or full-auto weapons. AR-15 is not one of those). 

Va Tech (worst school shooting in American history): Pistols (9mm and .22LR)

Luby's: Pistols (two 9mm)

San Ysidro McDonald's: Shotgun and two pistols

UT Tower: Remington 700 (bolt action)

Ft. Hood: Pistols (5.7mm and .357)

Edmond Post Office: Pistols (.45 and .22LR)

Binghamton shooting: Pistols (.45 and 9mm)

These are 7 of the top 16 worst "mass shootings" in American history. You're just incorrect. You can try to ban a weapon used in around 350-400 deaths a year and what's going to happen? They'll just use a pistol and/or a shotgun. Or they can do what the guy did in Austin, get at a high vantage point with a bolt action and do a massive amount of damage with a round 10x more powerful than a 5.56 (AR-15).

And as for the AI... sorta like Facebook when it comes to their "Community Standards"? You make a sarcastic post and get banned for 2 months? I know a guy who replied to a thread in a local "Rants and Raves" when someone complained that a teenager 'left his trash' on the local creek beach. This person just ranted and ranted. Then the guy I know said "Maybe we should just kill them!" as a joke. BANNED for 2 months. 

When did we get away from Dance offs?  

...or did they cause even more death I don't know.

Let's just make the process of getting a gun harder than getting a car license.  Something like that might help.  Can we cull the mentally unstable?  Put that on the list too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pistols are used in far more murders each year than assault weapons. The difference is if you are shot by an assault weapon you are much more likely to die due to wound severity. It’s not great being shot by either one, but there is a reason why so many killers are spending the big bucks on assault weapons. It’s because they are damn effective at killing.

19 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Pistols are used in far more murders each year than assault weapons. The difference is if you are shot by an assault weapon you are much more likely to die due to wound severity. It’s not great being shot by either one, but there is a reason why so many killers are spending the big bucks on assault weapons. It’s because they are damn effective at killing.

You keep using the word you don't understand. An AR-15 is no more an assault rifle than a Desert Eagle .50 is an assault pistol. And you can carry two desert eagles at once and switching cartridges with some practice is very quick. To focus on the guns is crazy, put keep waiting for a politician who benefits from the problem to fix it