What does Cyrus Kouandjio add to the Bills offense?

some issues and things to point out...

Someone please show me a medical report saying this kids knee is an issue. There are NONE! One of the best surgeons in the WORLD says the knee is just fine. He played the last TWO seasons on the knee with no issues. So please produce something that actually shows this kids knee is an issue.

We do not know what that report said, exactly. We do know, however that it was detailed and contained information about the expected playing time of Kouandjio. It was never said if there was damage to the knee or not.

I always took i to mean that he would have 4-5 years minimum of good knee left.

Good point. Yet he still was not taken in the first round.

Were all of the other OT's taken before him that much more talented?

There were at least two with more upside but less talent. Kouandjio has talent but seems to have less upside - his strength can be improved and his form can be adjusted, but it truly looks like he might not be a next level kind of guy.

Wait, weren't we told by WEO that the Bills FO was completely incapable of creating draft related smokescreens and that anyone who believed that they could was delusional?

This can't possibly be true.

Smokescreen or not, we have ourselves a potentially solid RT for four years. As a second round pick I would hope he can be starting by mid season and at average NFL calibre by midseason year two.

If not it will not matter if it was a smokescreen or not. We do have a few good RT's already. It might just be a wasted pick.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you approve of the maneuver or not- unless I missed something from above, the end of your first statement seems to contradict your second...

exactly.

Which do you choose Country my friend ?

some issues and things to point out...

We do not know what that report said, exactly. We do know, however that it was detailed and contained information about the expected playing time of Kouandjio. It was never said if there was damage to the knee or not.

I always took i to mean that he would have 4-5 years minimum of good knee left.

There were at least two with more upside but less talent. Kouandjio has talent but seems to have less upside - his strength can be improved and his form can be adjusted, but it truly looks like he might not be a next level kind of guy.

Smokescreen or not, we have ourselves a potentially solid RT for four years. As a second round pick I would hope he can be starting by mid season and at average NFL calibre by midseason year two.

If not it will not matter if it was a smokescreen or not. We do have a few good RT's already. It might just be a wasted pick.

I believe that the team is quite concerned about solid depth this year and did a ton to bolster it. Some might step in this year and some by mid year.

Injuries probably will occur considering that last season was the first in years that the O line was able to line up the same 5 all year. excepting LG of course but that was by choice. Kinda .

Wood was healthy for the first time ever.

Cyrus creates depth whether he starts or not , as long as Bills keep Pears .

Edited by 3rdand12

exactly.

I believe that the team is quite concerned about solid depth this year and did a ton to bolster it. Some might step in this year and some by mid year.

Injuries probably will occur considering that last season was the first in years that the O line was able to line up the same 5 all year. excepting LG of course but that was by choice. Kinda .

I choose option 3!

exactly.

I choose option 3!

I choose option 3!

I choose option 3!

Alrighty stop yelling !

i have a lotta faith in what the FO is doing. Not perfect of course but a better blend of long term potential and immediate need.

I often use sarcasm unfairly and counter with my opinion in the same post. and have left clarity to its own devices

I am a bad person.

But I'm given in to it so... whatevs

Go Bills Though !!

: )

Edited by 3rdand12

Alrighty stop yelling !

i have a lotta faith in what the FO is doing. Not perfect of course but a better blend of long term potential and immediate need.

I often use sarcasm unfairly and counter with my opinion in the same post. and have left clarity to its own devices

I am a bad person.

But I'm given in to it so... whatevs

Go Bills Though !!

: )

I wonder how many people around me are wondering what I am laughing so hard at!!!

I`d be more concerned with Kiko`s bad knees. He was a proven player.

the concern with CK isn't that he tore the ligaments, it is that supposedly the procedure was less than perfect judged by the outcome, which leads some to predict it will not last as long as it should. Haven't heard anything like this about Kiko. He has torn both knees, but as long as surgery is successful there isn't concern for me.

I wonder how many people around me are wondering what I am laughing so hard at!!!

Well if you are laughing at me I think few would be surprised. Although If you are laughing with me , well then I am pleased .

Someone please show me a medical report saying this kids knee is an issue. There are NONE! One of the best surgeons in the WORLD says the knee is just fine. He played the last TWO seasons on the knee with no issues. So please produce something that actually shows this kids knee is an issue.

Ok just let me go thru my filing cabinet, I swear I have Cyrus' medical history report in here somewhere.

Maybe both- haha

Fair enough :thumbsup:

I miss the kid already.

When they had the micd up thing during season for players i laughed out loud . He would let out a little growl after the tackle . and that goofy smile when he was on the sidelines. and his pursuit of the ball . thats my favorite bit .

I miss the kid already.

When they had the micd up thing during season for players i laughed out loud . He would let out a little growl after the tackle . and that goofy smile when he was on the sidelines. and his pursuit of the ball . thats my favorite bit .

My favorite was when he asked the security guard where that heat was coming from as he stood next to an industrial sized heater.

I miss the kid already.

Who are you talking about?? The injured LB? I don't think we can say his name anymore...

I'm not down on Cyrus and I like the pick but I did want to comment on the 3 videos provided in the link. I'm not so sure each one of those aren't penalties in the NFL.

In the first video Cyrus shows excellent burst and pushes the defensive player back nicely - but after that initial hit the player attempts to get around him and is being held as you see the left shoulder pad fly up in the air, he then continues to hold the remainder of the play. This defensive player was not going to make the tackle and Cyrus better learn to know when to let go so that holding isn't called so far away from the play.

In the second video it's quite obvious he slaps the defensive player in the back to push him down. That's a penalty all day. I'm not sure if this is a signature move of his but if he can get in front of the defender and slap him on the side of his upper body ala Reggie White, it would be one awesome move. I've always wondered why more people don't use the "Reggie move" and I wasn't even thinking offensive lineman using it. Kind of like why don't people learn they sky hook like Kareem mastered?

The 3rd video is similar to what I was saying in the first but Cyrus IMO does a much better job of engaging and driving back (almost 5 yards), but at the end he should let go, especially when the job is done.

I'm not down on Cyrus and I like the pick but I did want to comment on the 3 videos provided in the link. I'm not so sure each one of those aren't penalties in the NFL.

In the first video Cyrus shows excellent burst and pushes the defensive player back nicely - but after that initial hit the player attempts to get around him and is being held as you see the left shoulder pad fly up in the air, he then continues to hold the remainder of the play. This defensive player was not going to make the tackle and Cyrus better learn to know when to let go so that holding isn't called so far away from the play.

In the second video it's quite obvious he slaps the defensive player in the back to push him down. That's a penalty all day. I'm not sure if this is a signature move of his but if he can get in front of the defender and slap him on the side of his upper body ala Reggie White, it would be one awesome move. I've always wondered why more people don't use the "Reggie move" and I wasn't even thinking offensive lineman using it. Kind of like why don't people learn they sky hook like Kareem mastered?

The 3rd video is similar to what I was saying in the first but Cyrus IMO does a much better job of engaging and driving back (almost 5 yards), but at the end he should let go, especially when the job is done.

You beat me to it!!! I was thinking the same things about 1&3... Looked like holding all day long...

The slap move, I don't think is illegal, unless it's to the head- but I don't care how heavy your hands are- 99% of the time, you aren't going to slap an NFL DE to the ground with one swing of your arm

You beat me to it!!! I was thinking the same things about 1&3... Looked like holding all day long...

The slap move, I don't think is illegal, unless it's to the head- but I don't care how heavy your hands are- 99% of the time, you aren't going to slap an NFL DE to the ground with one swing of your arm

I don't think the slap move itself is illegal but once applied to the back is where I think the penalty comes in.