Israel supporters=idiots

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hate that children are used as props in everything, Hate that people are dying because of religion.

Religion is just a sideshow. This is and always has been about politics, specifically as it impacts economic opportunity or lack thereof.

Religion is just a sideshow. This is and always has been about politics, specifically as it impacts economic opportunity or lack thereof.

Not quite. Many west bank settlers (and those who support them like netanyahu) think God deeded the land of "Judea and Samaria" to the Jews. They deny any UN jurisdiction or Palestinean claims for that reason.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Not quite. Many west bank settlers (and those who support them like netanyahu) think God deeded the land of "Judea and Samaria" to the Jews. They deny any UN jurisdiction or Palestinean claims for that reason.

What was the Palestinian reaction when Sharon went on the Temple Mount?

it's about tribalism to a great degree. and the tribes are based on religious history.

You honestly feel fundamentalist Judean belief is the guiding force behind Israeli politics?

Like I said, religion is the sideshow. It's mostly about geo and eco politics.

So is everything else in the clusterphuck known as the Middle East.

http://www.jpost.com/National-News/Zoabi-justifies-Hamas-rockets-as-fighting-soft-occupation-Gaza-363272

Palestinians should continue fighting, besiege Israel and refuse to negotiate, MK Haneen Zoabi (Balad) wrote in an op-ed for a Hamas-affiliated news site this week.

http://http://www.jpost.com/Pillar-of-Defense/Zoabi-Kidnappers-are-not-terrorists-theyre-fighting-occupation-359609

You honestly feel fundamentalist Judean belief is the guiding force behind Israeli politics?

Like I said, religion is the sideshow. It's mostly about geo and eco politics.

So is everything else in the clusterphuck known as the Middle East.

many commentators disagree: http://www.salon.com...6/03/israel_42/ . the tribalism stuff starts at about pp 10. it's even easier to find experts on the israeli side blaming most of the troubles on muslim tribalism. i think there's more than enough to go around on both sides. Edited by birdog1960

Actually, it's always been about European imperialism, specifically the migration of European Jews to Palestine from the early half of the century onward. Economic inequality is, for the most part, just a result of that.

And while religion isn't the prime motivator, don't underestimate its importance. Jews migrated to Palestine (and not, say, Madagascar) for a reason.

Edited by DC Tom

Actually, it's always been about European imperialism, specifically the migration of European Jews to Palestine from the early half of the century onward. Economic inequality is, for the most part, just a result of that.

And while religion isn't the prime motivator, don't underestimate its importance. Jews migrated to Palestine (and not, say, Madagascar) for a reason.

Lemurs?

I'm not f'n with you at all, I do know you are wrong, and I have links to back me up, but I don't think I even need them. You say its ballistics, but how would you sacred Iron Dome determine when a rocket had expended its booster fuel? It would be on a different course before and after its booster gave out. What you are saying makes no sense.

Again, they are taking its weakness and trying convince YOU that its a strength. Think about it

This is a little off topic but it should show you some of the capabilities of today's technologies. A plane got shot down over Ukraine today and airlines started avoiding their air space. The map in the link shows very few planes over Ukraine bt that is not the point. Look at all of the planes over the rest of Europe. It is so jam packed it is almost cray yet you hardly ever hear of mid air collisions. If they have technology to help all of these planes avoid crashing into each other they could easily reverse engineer it to have something collide on purpose like a Patriot missile. Iron Dome just happens to have both the avoidance and the crashing stuff in it.

Like I said, political.

I don't downplay the contributions of thousands of years of on and off religious conflict. But you take care of the geo-political issues and the resulting economic issues, and religion isn't a big deal to anyone but the fundamentalist nutjobs.

What's the unemployment rate of males between the ages of 18-24 in Gaza? How about Syria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt?

Like I said, political.

I don't downplay the contributions of thousands of years of on and off religious conflict. But you take care of the geo-political issues and the resulting economic issues, and religion isn't a big deal to anyone but the fundamentalist nutjobs.

What's the unemployment rate of males between the ages of 18-24 in Gaza? How about Syria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt?

Actually he's partly right for a change. The popular understanding is the immigrants were rejected because they were Jews, but the main reason is that they were viewed as another wave of European colonialism.

Actually he's partly right for a change. The popular understanding is the immigrants were rejected because they were Jews, but the main reason is that they were viewed as another wave of European colonialism.

"Partly right." :lol: Aside from the fact that this little throw-away post of yours contributed nothing to K-9's or mine, you insist in focusing on your own ignorant opinions to the detriment of understanding anything anyone else is saying. Otherwise, you'd probably have noticed that I've said very little "right" or "wrong" in this thread - I've focused, instead, on trying to get you to see the blatantly inconsistent bull **** that breathtakingly stupid people like you keep posting.

Like I said, political.

When you get a chance, research some of the political dealings undertaken to get the required UN votes in favor of the creation of Israel. Also, the political ramifications the question had for Truman's re-election campaign, etc.

Like I said, political.

When you get a chance, research some of the political dealings undertaken to get the required UN votes in favor of the creation of Israel. Also, the political ramifications the question had for Truman's re-election campaign, etc.

Certainly a lot of jockeying at the UN to secure votes and domestic politics considerations/leverage, and I see how the arabs viewed it as political (European colonialism), and many jews religious (return to biblical homeland). Its the economic angle I'm not seeing since there's no oil there.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

NBC News Pulls Veteran Reporter from Gaza After Witnessing Israeli Attack on Children

Ayman Mohyeldin, the NBC News correspondent who personally witnessed yesterday’s killing by Israel of four Palestinian boys on a Gazan beach and who has received widespread praise for his brave and innovative coverage of the conflict, has been told by NBC executives to leave Gaza immediately. According to an NBC source upset at his treatment, the executives claimed the decision was motivated by “security concerns” as Israel prepares a ground invasion, a claim repeated to me by an NBC executive. But late yesterday, NBC sent another correspondent, Richard Engel, along with an American producer who has never been to Gaza and speaks no Arabic, into Gaza to cover the ongoing Israeli assault (both Mohyeldin and Engel speak Arabic).

Yesterday, Mohyeldin witnessed and then reported on the brutal killing by Israeli gunboats of four young boys as they played soccer on a beach in Gaza City. He was instrumental, both in social media and on the air, in conveying to the world the visceral horror of the attack. Mohyeldin recounted how, moments before their death, he was kicking a soccer ball with the four boys, who were between the ages of 9 and 11 and all from the same family. He postednumerous chilling details on his Twitter and Instagram accounts, including the victims’ names and ages, photographs he took of their anguished parents, and video of one of their mothers as she learned about the death of her young son. He interviewed one of the wounded boys at the hospital shortly before being operated on. He then appeared on MSNBC’s All In with Chris Hayes, where he dramatically recounted what he saw.

Despite this powerful first-hand reporting – or perhaps because of it – Mohyeldin was nowhere to be seen on last night’s NBC Nightly News broadcast with Brian Williams. Instead, as Media Bistro’s Jordan Chariton noted, NBC curiously had Richard – who was in Tel Aviv, and had just arrived there an hour or so earlier – “report” on the attack. Charlton wrote that “the decision to have Engel report the story for ‘Nightly’ instead of Mohyeldin angered some NBC News staffers.

https://firstlook.or...ling-four-boys/

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

NBC News Pulls Veteran Reporter from Gaza After Witnessing Israeli Attack on Children

Ayman Mohyeldin, the NBC News correspondent who personally witnessed yesterday’s killing by Israel of four Palestinian boys on a Gazan beach and who has received widespread praise for his brave and innovative coverage of the conflict, has been told by NBC executives to leave Gaza immediately. According to an NBC source upset at his treatment, the executives claimed the decision was motivated by “security concerns” as Israel prepares a ground invasion, a claim repeated to me by an NBC executive. But late yesterday, NBC sent another correspondent, Richard Engel, along with an American producer who has never been to Gaza and speaks no Arabic, into Gaza to cover the ongoing Israeli assault (both Mohyeldin and Engel speak Arabic).

Yesterday, Mohyeldin witnessed and then reported on the brutal killing by Israeli gunboats of four young boys as they played soccer on a beach in Gaza City. He was instrumental, both in social media and on the air, in conveying to the world the visceral horror of the attack. Mohyeldin recounted how, moments before their death, he was kicking a soccer ball with the four boys, who were between the ages of 9 and 11 and all from the same family. He postednumerous chilling details on his Twitter and Instagram accounts, including the victims’ names and ages, photographs he took of their anguished parents, and video of one of their mothers as she learned about the death of her young son. He interviewed one of the wounded boys at the hospital shortly before being operated on. He then appeared on MSNBC’s All In with Chris Hayes, where he dramatically recounted what he saw.

Despite this powerful first-hand reporting – or perhaps because of it – Mohyeldin was nowhere to be seen on last night’s NBC Nightly News broadcast with Brian Williams. Instead, as Media Bistro’s Jordan Chariton noted, NBC curiously had Richard – who was in Tel Aviv, and had just arrived there an hour or so earlier – “report” on the attack. Charlton wrote that “the decision to have Engel report the story for ‘Nightly’ instead of Mohyeldin angered some NBC News staffers.

https://firstlook.or...ling-four-boys/

Here's a guess. One of the earlier links about these kids, maybe by you, stated that they were told to stay home by their parents but they left anyway and went to a dangerous area to play. Maybe instead of playing soccer with them and trying to get a "scoop" the doofus reporter should have told them to go home.

GAZA CITY — Israeli forces backed by artillery barrages and airstrikes launched a major ground offensive into Gaza late Thursday, marking a dramatic escalation of the 10-day-old conflict with the Palestinian militant group Hamas.

Spokesmen for the Israel Defense Forces said the goal of the offensive was limited: to destroy tunnels used by the militants to infiltrate into Israel. “This requires precise operations,” their statement said. Among the troops moving in were engineering units with armored bulldozers.

“We have hit Hamas hard and we will continue to hit Hamas hard,” Israel’s military said in a tweet shortly after thousands of Israeli soldiers entered Gaza.

http://www.washingto...7348_story.html