Marquise Goodwin featured on SI.com

Don't anyone dare say he has Olympic speed. He participated in field events.

Field participation precludes speed??? Goodwin ran a 4.27 40 at the combine - 6th fastest in combine history. He missed the record by .03.

I'm not sure if this is "Olympic speed" but it's pretty darn fast!

I say let him compete in the Olympics if he wants to. That's great for him and the Bills.

Field participation precludes speed??? Goodwin ran a 4.27 40 at the combine - 6th fastest in combine history. He missed the record by .03.

I'm not sure if this is "Olympic speed" but it's pretty darn fast!

yeah, and I'm somewhat sure you need speed for the long jump. And being a track-star at UT is no small feat either.

The dude has Olympic speed

I believe he ran a 10.2 or 10.3 100 meter in college. I looked it up a while back. That's faster than the best sprinters in many countries. At that distance he's probably the fastest guy in the NFL. At 40 yards he's probably in the top few.

Edited by keepthefaith

He does seem like he can NOT take a hit very well is what I saw, when he got hit he was out of the game.

I hope he gets tougher, he has incredible speed.

In Goodwins defense some of those hits he took would have put a lot of receivers out of the game.......where I think he needs to improve is he needs to get smarter about laying out for balls that are out of his reach.....the kid is a gamer and will sacrifice his body to catch an uncatchable ball

MG can rack up lots of DPI calls if he and EJ show they can connect with the long ball on the regular. Not many corners in the league who can let him get behind them.

When you really think about it.....there are a LOT of tools to make this offense good this year.....size.....speed.....playmakers all over the place

Just gotta bring it all together

I actually feel better about Godwin showing success in field events as his medal ability as a jumper than if he merely showed sprinter speed.

I really like the kid too but I propose we wait for a few more solid performances before calling him Godwin

He has a 10.38 best in the 100m in 2008. A 10.38 time could have moved him out of the initial heats depending on which one he was in, so I would say that qualifies as Olympic speed. He wouldn't have made the US team, but would have been the best on many of the other teams.

Tj Graham ran faster.

The Bills have tremendously athletic players in Spiller, Watkins, Goodwin who are unstoppable in space and some real good blockers in Freddie, Wood. It all goes back to the OL giving time for EJ Manuel and for EJ to be accurate to get the ball to these players. We have to find a way to move the chains and score. We lacked that sorely last year.

i do not deny any of this, in fact i agree with everything you said. i just think that the most important piece in this puzzle is nathaniel hackett. he needs to find a way to maximize the talents of all these skilled players here. i sure hope he is licking his chops at all the possibilities!