Math question

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my proof, YOU are the one with the beers and wings. I would never trust Beerball or DC Tom to hold my beer (let alone Gugny or Jauronimo). If you did, in fact, possess the beer and wings (i.e. they were not holographic representations of beer, etc), you can apply the Rule of Possession ("Possession is 9/10th of the law") to conclude that a saucy wing in each hand but placing a bottle of Snake Dog on Beerball's head and a bottle of Lagunitas on DC Tom's head would not equal 4...it would only equal 2 (possibly only 1 if the majority of the wing meat is in your belly).

What makes you think I would? Therefore your logic is flawed.

Part of the answer also depends on the number base the question is being asked in.

In base 10, yes, 2 + 2 = 4.

However, in base 4, 2 + 2 = 10.

And in base 3, 2 + 2 = 11.

So no, 2 + 2 does not always = 4.

Yeah....I ummmm....knew that.

Does 2+2 always equal 4? Please explain and show your work.

2 hot ladies with my 2 seconds of staying power only equals one person smiling....

And it is not my wife for posting this remarkably stupid comment on the internet for the world to see.

Part of the answer also depends on the number base the question is being asked in.

In base 10, yes, 2 + 2 = 4.

However, in base 4, 2 + 2 = 10.

And in base 3, 2 + 2 = 11.

So no, 2 + 2 does not always = 4.

I don't think actual math is allowed in this thread. Next thing you know, the Bills will start thinking they should employ real football players.

I don't think actual math is allowed in this thread. Next thing you know, the Bills will start thinking they should employ real football players.

It was an in depth analysis of a simple math equation...until Beerball, DC Tom, Jauronimo and Gugny stuck their heads out to carry beers....bastards.

It was an in depth analysis of a simple math equation...until Beerball, DC Tom, Jauronimo and Gugny stuck their heads out to carry beers....bastards.

In your hypothetical I receive neither wings or beer and now you blame me for derailing your thread even though this is my first post. What do you want from me?

In your hypothetical I receive neither wings or beer and now you blame me for derailing your thread even though this is my first post. What do you want from me?

A public apology for derailing this thread just by the mere mention of your name....and in addition, if El Pegual owns the Sabes and the Amerks, does he own two teams or just one?? Show your work.

we still discussing fuzzy math?

three guys break down on a rural road and ask a farmer for a place to sleep the farmer decides to charge each $10 * 3 = $30

After a bit the farmer changes his mind and takes out five $1 bills, gives the three guys each $1 back and keeps the last $2

So if each guy gave $10 and was given back $1 then each of them spent $9 for a total of $27 (3*9).

$27 plus the $2 the farmer keeps = $29

where did the last $1 go?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

three guys break down on a rural road and ask a farmer for a place to sleep the farmer decides to charge each $10 * 3 = $30

After a bit the farmer changes his mind and takes out five $1 bills, gives the three guys each $1 back and keeps the last $2

So if each guy gave $10 and was given back $1 then each of them spent $9 for a total of $27 (3*9).

It becomes the extra dollar in $2 + $2 = $5.

It should be $27 minus the $2 the farmer keeps = $25

$25 = $30 minus $5

It should be $27 minus the $2 the farmer keeps = $25

$25 = $30 minus $5

Correct...the $1 disappeared because the end math was done improperly, subtracting $3 from the total amount of money involved and then adding $2...in reality it needs to be $3 subtracted from the total (for what the farmer gave away), followed by $2 subtracted from the total (for what the farmer kept).

All money accounted for.

Correct...the $1 disappeared because the end math was done improperly, subtracting $3 from the total amount of money involved and then adding $2...in reality it needs to be $3 subtracted from the total (for what the farmer gave away), followed by $2 subtracted from the total (for what the farmer kept).

All money accounted for.

that's why I called it FUZZY math

it's an old "numbers joke" to catch people off guard.

another oldie

If you give someone $63 using six bills without using one dollar bills, what are they?

or

"I am holding two coins in my hand. The sum of these coins comes to exactly 55 cents. One of the coins is not a nickel. Can you tell me the value of each of the coins?"

that's why I called it FUZZY math

it's an old "numbers joke" to catch people off guard.

another oldie

If you give someone $63 using six bills without using one dollar bills, what are they?

or

"I am holding two coins in my hand. The sum of these coins comes to exactly 55 cents. One of the coins is not a nickel. Can you tell me the value of each of the coins?"

1. You give a $20, $20, $10, $10 & $5.....and get back a $2

That's giving $63 using 6 bills(no $1)

2. A 50 cent & a nickel (The 50 cent is the one that isn't the nickel).

These are fun! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dibs

2. A 50 cent & a nickel (The 50 cent is the one that isn't the nickel).

These are fun! :thumbsup:

one out of two aint bad.

try again

you can only give, you can not get change back from the other party.

I would've given a $50 and three $5's and gotten back two $1's

:nana:

one out of two aint bad.

try again

Right, the trick is dollar coins, not bills

I would've given a $50 and three $5's and gotten back two $1's

:nana:

Right, the trick is dollar coins, not bills

Or better yet, find 6 guys named Bill to join you!

one out of two aint bad.

try again

Ahh....it was more straight forward than I thought.......$50 + $5 + 4×$2

Ahh....it was more straight forward than I thought.......$50 + $5 + 4×$2

ding ding ding

This one is for Tom

Take the Idiot Test

1. Do they have a 4th of July in England?

2. How many birthdays does the average man have?

3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?

4. A woman gives a beggar 50 cents; the woman is the beggar's sister, but the beggar is not the woman's brother. How come?

5. Why can't a man living in the USA be buried in Canada?

6. How many outs are there in an inning?

7. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister? Why?

8. Two men play five games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. Explain this.

9. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?

10. A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern exposure. A big bear walks by, what color is the bear? Why?

11. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?

12. I have two US coins totaling 55 cents. One is not a nickel (5 cents). What are the coins?

13. If you have only one match and you walked into a room where there was an oil burner, a kerosene lamp, and a wood burning stove, which one would you light first?

14. How far can a dog run into the woods?

15. A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour. How long would the pills last?

16. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?

17. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?

18. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5' 10" tall. What does he weigh?

19. How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?

20. What was the President's name in 1950?

Scoring guide:

20 Correct - Genius

17 Correct - Above Normal

15 Correct - Normal

8 Correct - Nincompoop

6 Correct - Moron

3 Correct - Idiot

How Did You Do?

test answers here >

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever