Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

Bradham... gosh. I just can't be sure what to think?! The guy who gets lost in space now has to account for himself taking on OLs and fighting traffic? I fear he could get lost in the wash.

Yeah I'm not seeing it. If he hasn't shown it in 3 years, no reason to think he blossoms in year 4. If Schwartz defense relies on the Will, and he's it, forget it

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm not seeing it. If he hasn't shown it in 3 years, no reason to think he blossoms in year 4. If Schwartz defense relies on the Will, and he's it, forget it

He has had 4 DC's in 3 years? Or is it 5 in 4 years?

There are good things there, Bradham has shown potential but Pettine's system did not suit him. Bradham couldn't get in there.

I think he'll do better if he can find some space and be given a simpler role with less side to side movement.

Alan Branch came in on a 1yr deal last year, performed on the field, and was rewarded with a multi-year deal before the season was over.

Whaley gets it done. This aint your daddy's front office.

I know what you're saying but branch is not the same as what spikes is/could be. Branch is a backup, unless someone is hurt. Comparing him to a starter doesn't hold the same weight.

He has had 4 DC's in 3 years? Or is it 5 in 4 years?

There are good things there, Bradham has shown potential but Pettine's system did not suit him. Bradham couldn't get in there.

I think he'll do better if he can find some space and be given a simpler role with less side to side movement.

you can spot talent regardless of scheme. from what Ive seen over the last few years, thinking Bradham can fill Kiko's shoes with the same discipline, movement in space, technique, and big play opportunistic is fool's gold. I'd have more hope in someone I havent seen at the pro level like preston brown

you can spot talent regardless of scheme. from what Ive seen over the last few years, thinking Bradham can fill Kiko's shoes with the same discipline, movement in space, technique, and big play opportunistic is fool's gold. I'd have more hope in someone I havent seen at the pro level like preston brown

yet some players blossom later than others. Hopefully the pressure this puts under Bradham, and the full training camp going in knowing he is going to be relied on, plus what seems to be a genuine teacher in Schwartz, will allow him to improve over what we have seen in past years. If he can be 80-85% of Kiko I would be reasonably happy given the new talent Whaley has put around him especially in Spikes.

yet some players blossom later than others. Hopefully the pressure this puts under Bradham, and the full training camp going in knowing he is going to be relied on, plus what seems to be a genuine teacher in Schwartz, will allow him to improve over what we have seen in past years. If he can be 80-85% of Kiko I would be reasonably happy given the new talent Whaley has put around him especially in Spikes.

I guess that's the glass half full argument. However the history seems heavily biased towards waiting around for guys who never live up to expectation, than late bloomers. I'll be shocked and ecstatic at the same time if bradham blossoms into kiko caliber performance. But if I were the coach I'd be frantically working on other plans, with player and scheme adjustment

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I definitely get what you are saying. It is just like saying Kiko Alonso could not fill Ray Lewis' shoes. But, both will get the job done and both will contribute to their defense at the same position.

Bradham is not the player Alonso is but he has strengths as a player to provide a team on the field.

Bradham is a very good athlete, if he can tap his ability and develop it then he will be a solid player.

Bradham doesn't need pressure. He needs time, coaching, and snaps.

Pressure will not do anything.

If that's the case, how did we snag double digit sack guy Jerry Hughes for that bum Kelvin Sheppard??

lol.Zero hope? Did you just say that ?

Well whats the issue then ?

What's wrong with zero hope?

I have no hope. Zilch. Nada. Zero.

I got my masters last week. But I cant find the certificate. All that school for nothing. Damn!

Why are you on my back, man? I don't know what the hell I did that was so offensive - OR to warrant this kind of e-abuse. And why do you want me to get banned???

Very funny Gugny. No dont worry. I will never brokebackmountain you.