Tues. Buff News - Bills Ready To Go With Losman

Mark VI

Just give me something about DREW's play, not the teams so much, to make a case for him to contonue to start and be satisified with 8-9 win seasons..

217996[/snapback]

He moved better in and out of the pocket this year.

He ran for positive yards more.

His QB rating was just under 100 after the 0-4 start.

His sacks dropped considerably, particularly after the 0-4 no McGahee start

His number 1 WR ranked 45th in the NFL with a 58% catch rating and a sh-tload of important drops, his slot receiver position was essentially useless

No TEs for the final 4 games.

And all the people bitching about his totals should remember that he sat 4 4th quarters in 4 blowouts

(3Ws, 1L) lots of NFL QBs use this garbage time to run up their stats.

He knows the system and the coaches etc far better than anyone else.

And finally, his QB rating is 40 points higher than the guy you're ready to turn the team over to.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years?  So if JPL starts and we suck (4-12, 5-11), you won't complain at all and will just say "He'll do better next season!"

CW

217992[/snapback]

Assuming that the same team is here for the next two years, I would be shocked if the Bills took that far of a step back with JP at QB. I believe that they will go with a conservative offense much like Pittsburgh did this year. I can see 7-9, but not a 4 win season. The rest of this team is too damn good.

And finally, his QB rating is 40 points higher than the guy you're ready to turn the team over to.

218010[/snapback]

You lose all credibility with statements like this. I don't know if you like DB on a personal level or what your story is, but REPEATEDLY throwing out JP's passer rating last year based on 4 or 5 passes is fuggin ridiculous. It appears that you like DB to the point where you hope that JP fails. Whatever floats your boat....I guess. :)

Assuming that the same team is here for the next two years, I would be shocked if the Bills took that far of a step back with JP at QB.  I believe that they will go with a conservative offense much like Pittsburgh did this year.  I can see 7-9, but not a 4 win season.  The rest of this team is too damn good.

218012[/snapback]

I didn't ask you what you thought the team's record would be, I asked what your reaction would be if they DID suck that bad. Say what you will, but the only game that DB could be pegged with the loss is the Patriots. SO things COULD be much worse than they were this year.

CW

You lose all credibility with statements like this.  I don't know if you like DB on a personal level or what your story is, but REPEATEDLY throwing out JP's passer rating last year based on 4 or 5 passes is fuggin ridiculous.  It appears that you like DB to the point where you hope that JP fails.  Whatever floats your boat....I guess. :)

218021[/snapback]

why don't you respond to the very credible points he did raise?

Since Kelly retired the Bills have sent 2 seperate QBs to the probowl. The fans and media ending up running them both out of town. I have decided I'm just going to get a head start now on the rest of the Bills faithful and say JP blows. How big a cap hit will it be if we have to cut him? Are there an UFA QBs we can sign? Boohoo.

why don't you respond to the very credible points he did raise?

218028[/snapback]

Because ALL credibility is lost when you conclude your post with a ridiculous statement like the one I referenced.

If DB is the better man for 2005, then so be it. I don't see it happening.

Are you talking about the Bills/Broncos preseason game where Mularky called a QB draw on the first play?  From listening to Mularky on that  call, it sounded like he just wanted Losman to get his first NFL hit out of the way.  I don't remember ever reading/hearing that he was being coached to run first (aside from the one playcall, which isn't really coaching).

I watched the "Sounds of the Game" yesterday, and that's what I saw.

CW

217834[/snapback]

By the way...Do you have the sounds of the game on CD yet ?...thanks

I didn't ask you what you thought the team's record would be, I asked what your reaction would be if they DID suck that bad.  Say what you will, but the only game that DB could be pegged with the loss is the Patriots.  SO things COULD be much worse than they were this year.

CW

218027[/snapback]

In order to gauge my reaction, I would have to see JP's play during the 4-12 season. I'd be disappointed overall.

You lose all credibility with statements like this.  I don't know if you like DB on a personal level or what your story is, but REPEATEDLY throwing out JP's passer rating last year based on 4 or 5 passes is fuggin ridiculous.  It appears that you like DB to the point where you hope that JP fails.  Whatever floats your boat....I guess. :)

218021[/snapback]

I've created at least 2 posts with lengthy facts. One you chose to ignore, the other you chose to cherry pick one stat from and claim it is useless. Your credibility, since you've decided to impugn mine, is based on what...ignoring the whole of others' statements, jumping on the bandwagon mentality...

I have a right to back Bledsoe while the rising tide is against him and I choose to do so with facts not rhetoric. As far as wishing Jp ill, I don't, I strongly believe bringing him in early is absurd.

Since Kelly retired the Bills have sent 2 seperate QBs to the probowl. The fans and media ending up running them both out of town. I have decided I'm just going to get a head start now on the rest of the Bills faithful and say JP blows. How big a cap hit will it be if we have to cut him? Are there an UFA QBs we can sign? Boohoo.

218030[/snapback]

Last Bills playoff win - 1995. Flutie and Bledsoes Pro-Bowl invites mean nothing, next to that stat.

I've created at least 2 posts with lengthy facts.  One you chose to ignore, the other you chose to cherry pick one stat from and claim it is useless.  Your credibility, since you've decided to impugn mine, is based on what...ignoring the whole of others' statements, jumping on the bandwagon mentality...

I have a right to back Bledsoe while the rising tide is against him and I choose to do so with facts not rhetoric.  As far as wishing Jp ill, I don't, I strongly believe bringing him in early is absurd.

218042[/snapback]

I wish you well in your continued backing of DB. Yes DB played better after WM was made the starter, but with the season on the line he layed an egg against Pittsburgh. NO, it was not ALL his fault, but if you watch that game and can tell me that he played well in the MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON, then we are seeing two different players.

I believe the Bills are spinning their wheels with him as our starter. Let's see what the off-season brings.

"Everybody"  will be ready to lynch JPL the minute he falters as well.  I guarantee that if he throws 4 INTs in his first game, everyone will be saying, "We should've kept Bledsoe!  I've said that all along!" or "I told you we should've signed [insert veteran QB here]!  Why did we start JPL, the guy sucks!!!!"

Guaranteed.  It happened with TC, it happened with AVP, it happened with RJ, it happened with DF, it happened with DB, and it will happen with JPL.

CW

217984[/snapback]

Not from me... there is only 1 Bledsoe, & he will not be missed,

regardless of what JP does as a Bill.

He moved better in and out of the pocket this year. 

He ran for positive yards more.

His sacks dropped considerably, particularly after the 0-4 no McGahee start

His number 1 WR ranked 45th in the NFL with a 58% catch rating and a sh-tload of important drops, his slot receiver position was essentially useless

No TEs for the final 4 games.

And all the people bitching about his totals should remember that he sat 4 4th quarters in 4 blowouts

(3Ws, 1L) lots of NFL QBs use this garbage time to run up their stats.

He knows the system and the coaches etc far better than anyone else.

218010[/snapback]

What Quarterbacks DONT sit from time to time? Forget the numbers, look at his play, and you know what, some of the points you bring up are valid, im not gonna say EVERYTHING you say isnt valid, because thats not true. Did Drew play better in 04 then in 03? Yes, but did the ENTIRE TEAM, Especially special teams and the defnese creating SO many more turnovers play better? Oh yeah!!!

To me its so clear as day when you watch Drew play against some of the better defenses in the league, the Bills have to scale down (aka, be more conserative) when playing better defenses BECAUSE of Drew's inability to handle a pass rush. Look at the Steelers game, the Bills almost exclusively went 2 RB 3 WR shotgun formations the entire game, that is the most conserative Shotgun formation there is. You wonder why receivers couldnt get open? Because the Bills are so worried about protecting Drew, so receivers cannot get open + Drew holding the ball too long in the pocket = Drew sack and sometimes fumble = Loss to 4th stringers, out of the playoffs.

Drew, he had his moments, but now its time to move on.

By the way...Do you have the sounds of the game on CD yet ?...thanks

218035[/snapback]

Started working on it yesterday (that's why I watched it). :)

Hopefully by the end of the week *crosses fingers*

CW

218010[/snapback]

I don't know how to calculate passer rating, but here is DB's for the last 12 games per nfl.com...

Could you tell me how to calculate this as a whole because looking at his individual rating for each game, it does not appear that as a whole that his passer rating is "just under 100" for the last 12 games.

I've created at least 2 posts with lengthy facts.  One you chose to ignore, the other you chose to cherry pick one stat from and claim it is useless.  Your credibility, since you've decided to impugn mine, is based on what...ignoring the whole of others' statements, jumping on the bandwagon mentality...

I have a right to back Bledsoe while the rising tide is against him and I choose to do so with facts not rhetoric.  As far as wishing Jp ill, I don't, I strongly believe bringing him in early is absurd.

218042[/snapback]

"Bandwagon Mentality" huh?

Right you are OL! 2 things are "IN" on tsw right now, in order:

1) Drew sucks. Not making the playoffs was his fault.

2) Travis Henry is a highly sought after commodity. The 9-3 record after his benching meant nothing, and other GMs wont notice.

Disagree with either of these 2 "facts" and the experts (you know, the ones who know SO much more than you) crawl out of their holes and pile on as if THEY have all the answers and YOU are a fool.

The board was not always like this. :)

"Bandwagon Mentality" huh?

Right you are OL! 2 things are "IN" on tsw right now, in order:

1) Drew sucks. Not making the playoffs was his fault.

2) Travis Henry is a highly sought after commodity. The 9-3 record after his benching meant nothing, and other GMs wont notice.

Disagree with either of these 2 "facts" and the experts (you know, the ones who know SO much more than you) crawl out of their holes and pile on as if THEY have all the answers and YOU are a fool.

The board was not always like this.  :)

218061[/snapback]

The door swings both ways...

Those who slam Drew & praise Henry receive the same treatment, probably even worse. :)

I don't know how to calculate passer rating, but here is DB's for the last 12 games per nfl.com...

Could you tell me how to calculate this as a whole because looking at his individual rating for each game, it does not appear that as a whole that his passer rating is "just under 100" for the last 12 games.

218060[/snapback]

Great research. You'd be hard pressed to guess that 9 of those games were wins, based off those ratings.

218060[/snapback]

Facts Suck. Back to the sandbox for some more head burying.

Ding ! Mmmm. Ham and cheese. Gotta go !

Great research.  You'd be hard pressed to guess that 9 of those games were wins, based off those ratings.

218067[/snapback]

What does that have to do with my question. A poster makes a statment that DB's passer rating is JUST under 100 for the last 12 games and I ask how they figured that out. :)

Sorry if I misread the tone of your post.

DB ran for 29 yards in 2003 and 37 yards in 2004.  If you consider 8 more yards for THE SEASON as something to write about, I guess you got me on that one.

218074[/snapback]

You are right. That improvement is astounding. What those 8 yards must have done. Im sure it helped Rian Lindell miss a 30 yarder instead of a 38 yarder. Im sold, bring back the statue!!! :):)

DB ran for 29 yards in 2003 and 37 yards in 2004.  If you consider 8 more yards for THE SEASON as something to write about, I guess you got me on that one.

218074[/snapback]

Two questions;

Do you think that Drew performed better in 04 than he did in 03?

If yes, do you think it was because HE got better or the TEAM got better.

Just curious.

Two questions;

Just curious.

218078[/snapback]

Bill,

I am just addressing the FACTS that Oneida has presented in this thread. People like to throw things out there as FACT and then not be able to back them up. i.e. DB's passer rating for the last 12 games is JUST under 100.

To your question....Yes, DB did perform better in 2004 than in 2003, and yes, it was primarily because the team(OL, WR and RB) positions got better. That being said, I feel that it is time to turn the page on Bledsoe IF Losman is ready to go by the start of the season.

Two questions;

Just curious.

218078[/snapback]

I definitely think Drew played better in 04 than he did in 03...

unfortunately, it just wasn't close to being good enough to justify his return in 05.

Bill,

I am just addressing the FACTS that Oneida has presented in this thread.  People like to throw things out there as FACT and then not be able to back them up.  i.e.  DB's passer rating for the last 12 games is JUST under 100.

To your question....Yes,  DB did perform better in 2004 than in 2003, and yes, it was primarily because the team(OL, WR and RB) positions got better.  That being said, I feel that it is time to turn the page on Bledsoe IF Losman is ready to go by the start of the season.

218079[/snapback]

Thanks to you and Rico for the answers. To me, this now begs the question....Will the Bills (other than at qb) improve once again in 05?

I think they will. JMac will have had a year. MW might come to camp in shape. MaGahee for a whole season. Evans imo will take the leap to where he is almost great. A lucky draft pick. I could go on.

If I am correct, wouldn't the team probably improve from 9-7 even with Drew?

What does that have to do with my question.  A poster makes a statment that DB's passer rating is JUST under 100 for the last 12 games and I ask how they figured that out.  :)

Sorry if I misread the tone of your post.

218070[/snapback]

Hey, I'm on your side. I think those rating show an average (at best), if eratic, QB performance. Only four times above 90, yet the team won nine times. If you were to guess at the Bills record based on only those ratings, I doubt many people would put their money on 9-3. I know...I know, stats are for losers.

:)

Do you have any ideas about what the league-wide average QB rating is for wins versus losses?

218082[/snapback]

I would think the team would be better, though it may not be greatly reflected in the record depending on how the schedule plays out.

The problem is twofold IMO:

1. Objective: Bledsoe will fold again in big games.

2. Subjective: I'm sick of him & want him gone.

Thanks to you and Rico for the answers. To me, this now begs the question....Will the Bills (other than at qb) improve once again in 05?

I think they will. JMac will have had a year. MW might come to camp in shape. MaGahee for a whole season. Evans imo will take the leap to where he is almost great. A lucky draft pick. I could go on.

218082[/snapback]

You make a valid point, can the Bills improve from 9-7 with Drew? I think so, but the burning question is: How much can they improve and what are your expectations of this team for 2005?

There are just so many examples from the past few years where Drew does NOT get it done, especially in road games and against good defenses. Sure the Bills won a few games on the road this past year with Drew under the helm, but not against very good defenses (Miami being the possible lone exception)

At this point, Im just ready to see what J.P can do now.

218082[/snapback]

If the OL stays the same or gets better, 10-6 is a possibility...maybe even 11-5. It is hard to say without knowing if our 2005 opponents are going to get stronger or weaker during the off-season. I also believe that the Defense and Special Teams are good enough on the Bills, that if JP can improve enough to be the starter, there is reason to believe that our situation in 2005 could mirror Pittsburgh's success with a rookie QB in 2004. We could just as easily be 10-6 or 11-5 with JP as the starter instead of DB.

You make a valid point, can the Bills improve from 9-7 with Drew? I think so, but the burning question is:  How much can they improve and what are your expectations of this team for 2005?

There are just so many examples from the past few years where Drew does NOT get it done, especially in road games and against good defenses.  Sure the Bills won a few games on the road this past year with Drew under the helm, but not against very good defenses (Miami being the possible lone exception)

At this point, Im just ready to see what J.P can do now.

218091[/snapback]

My concern is that TV, LM, NC, Big Sam and others may either see their skills fade or be gone. With free agency and the salary cap, there is often a very small window to make a move.

An improvement from 9-7 is tough to argue with imo.

>>>>2. Subjective: I'm sick of him & want him gone.<<<<

Fair enough, and thanks for the honesty. Do you think they would have a better record with JP?

218092[/snapback]

Impossible to tell without seeing him play more...

But I firmly believe that we would have a better record with Shane Matthews than Drew Bledsoe.

That is why I do not want Bledsoe on this team,

because if JP gets hurt or is not ready,

I do not want more of the same-old same-old with Drew.

If we can improve on Shane Matthews during the off-season without breaking the bank, I'm all for it...

Bottom line, ANYONE BUT BLEDSOE!